• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 2:21 pm
[OP]
Jul 15, 2008
695 posts
569 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] eufy Security 2k Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $56.09

Been in the market for a Pan & Tilt camera for a little while, and this is is fairly well reviewed for the money. Many people have said that it's better than the Wyze Pan.

Fakespot review grade A.
  • Knows Who’s There: The on-device AI instantly determines whether a human or pet is present within the camera’s view.
  • The Key is in the Detail: View every event in up to 2K clarity (1080P while using HomeKit) so you see exactly what is happening inside your home.
  • Smart Integration: Connect your Indoor Cam to Apple HomeKit (Please download our HomeKit User Guide in the product information section below), the Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa for complete control over your surveillance.
  • Follows the Action: When motion is detected the camera automatically tracks and follows the moving object. Pan the lens 360° horizontally or tilt it 96° vertically to get a clear view of the whole room.
  • Communicate From Your Camera: Speak in real-time to anyone who passes via the camera’s built-in two-way audio.
Last edited by ji_hyun_jun on Nov 23rd, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
44 replies
Jul 31, 2005
220 posts
15 upvotes
Austin Powers
Good deal as long you are not worried about your privacy.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9752 posts
1247 upvotes
GTA
Have one of these that I use at work. So far so good. Impressed by the quality. Easy to setup. Definitely recommend it at this price.

I bought a High Endurance Microsd to stick in there to get continuous recording. If you want to do the same thing then recommend to buy at the same time.
Jan 12, 2017
174 posts
55 upvotes
does it work with its base so that I dont need to buy SD for it?
Dec 18, 2010
537 posts
371 upvotes
Vancouver
They had a $15 coupon on this last week, total $54.99. Picked one up and very happy with the results so far. Mainly using it to check on my dog when I’m not home; strong connection and great video quality.
[OP]
Jul 15, 2008
695 posts
569 upvotes
Calgary
iN10Se wrote: They had a $15 coupon on this last week, total $54.99. Picked one up and very happy with the results so far. Mainly using it to check on my dog when I’m not home; strong connection and great video quality.
Ah those pesky coupons. Thanks, updated title.
[OP]
Jul 15, 2008
695 posts
569 upvotes
Calgary
Dr.Evil wrote: Good deal as long you are not worried about your privacy.
Genuine question - what would you recommend for a pan & tilt?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4751 posts
2226 upvotes
I figure a couple enthusiasts will pop into this thread.

Recommendations in the under 100 price for range for outdoor + WiFi + wired power? Need person detection and an alert system to either email/phone/app on movement. My understanding is one of the Eufy models is the way to go based on the quality I've seen compared to Wyze, but just in case I'm missing something.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Aug 16, 2020
514 posts
87 upvotes
Is this wireless or needs power connected always?
Asking as one of the pics shows mounted on ceiling and wall so not sure where wire goes if mounted at a height indoors..
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1871 posts
1317 upvotes
condo
newuserhere wrote: Is this wireless or needs power connected always?
Asking as one of the pics shows mounted on ceiling and wall so not sure where wire goes if mounted at a height indoors..
Requires cable power source... not battery operated
Feb 21, 2006
32 posts
33 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: Is this wireless or needs power connected always?
It requires power all the time via AC adapter.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13278 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
hows the RTSP on this thing? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Feb 28, 2011
250 posts
361 upvotes
ottawa
strictly IMHO RE: Anker Eufy:
Support
Warranty
Software constant development
Great reliable hardware
No hassle exchanges of defective products
Excellent feedback and feature updates
Many Anker items sold at Costco = great reputation
Apple homekit support (somewhat limited but, they are working on it)
Local storage support
RTSP support to local NAS or phone apps
Two factor authentication
Few bucks more - worth it

vs
Littlelf
?
Last edited by gena_mak on Nov 24th, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 3, 2015
166 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal, QC
https://www. cbr.com/best-indoor-security-camera/
Found this, gonna read calmly later and take a decision.
Aug 16, 2020
514 posts
87 upvotes
FleshMoulder wrote: https://www. cbr.com/best-indoor-security-camera/
Found this, gonna read calmly later and take a decision.
Thnx.. Wyze C2 has highest rating and its only $26 so why to buy this eufy vs wyze.. Any extra advantages with eufy.. Please suggest
Last edited by newuserhere on Nov 24th, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 20, 2018
49 posts
60 upvotes
Just giving you guys a heads up, search about this cams motion detection and motion tracking. I got mine last prime day. First few weeks are ok but now its laggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1620 posts
721 upvotes
Center of the univer…
i got it during the last coupon sale, and for me so far its been performing really well. The video quality is amazing and i really like the motion tracking feature...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)