Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $57.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 12:58 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5844 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $57.99

Same price as last month: amazon-ca-eufy-2k-indoor-cam-pan-tilt-5 ... n-2389896/

Maybe folks who purchased back in July can provide some feedback & review.
Last edited by LiverpoolBlueJays on Aug 24th, 2020 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
56 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
Looking for an outdoor POE camera to work with NVR. Any suggestions?
Buy now
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1478 posts
521 upvotes
GTA
Please put price in title next time, thx.
Dec 14, 2006
871 posts
377 upvotes
I bought it with the last deal. I'm not experienced with these things, but it does what it says.
The vid quality is reasonably good, and the pet tracking is surprisingly accurate.
Quite handy when you want to monitor specific things while away. Just unplug and move the camera to wherever needed.
I just used it for keeping an eye on a smoker when I was cooking a brisket.
VictoryBoyxx wrote: Any reviews on this one here, pls
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1551 posts
1718 upvotes
Torque wrote: Quite handy when you want to monitor specific things while away. Just unplug and move the camera to wherever needed.
I just used it for keeping an eye on a smoker when I was cooking a brisket.
lol Totally love how you used tech to help make life easier. You have better things to do than to sit around waiting for food to cook. ^_^ Also much cheaper than hiring a pet sitter if you're not going to be gone for long while your pet is chilling at home. Hot weather and pets in cars don't mix well.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered! Going to try this out in the living room to check on the dog.
Oct 29, 2007
191 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Tried this with HomeKit but ran into some issues. When restricting internet access through HomeKit the camera restarted frequently. I ended up returning it.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
SugarySnack wrote: Tried this with HomeKit but ran into some issues. When restricting internet access through HomeKit the camera restarted frequently. I ended up returning it.
Hmm, that seems like a problem that I hope they resolve via firmware. I'm intending to grab this and use it with HKSV as well.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
SugarySnack wrote: Tried this with HomeKit but ran into some issues. When restricting internet access through HomeKit the camera restarted frequently. I ended up returning it.
Were you restricting access through a homekit router?

Just wondering what you meant here. For this price I’m considering a couple. I have 3 of the netatmo cams which have been pretty decent but they don’t have pan and zoom.
Feb 22, 2011
257 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
I like these cams so far, got a few setup in HomeKit. Using one as a motion detector to trigger lights on/off. Going to put on facing the laundry so we can see when the dryer is done and also use it’s motion sensor for triggering the laundry room lights. Have another setup to view the dogs when we’re out. Only thing I hope changes is that HomeKit starts supporting the full resolution of the cams and that face recognition is implemented so that automations can be customized per person.
Oct 1, 2004
349 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
There’s more info on reddit but apparently to setup these cams you have to first create a Eufy account before adding to HomeKit. That doesn’t conform to Apple specs where you should be able to scan a barcode and add directly to HomeKit without an intermediary. People concerned with privacy prefer HomeKit because their equipment does not need to talk to servers outside their home or apple, that’s not the case with eufy, the camera relays on Eufy servers and apparently blocking the camera from the internet breaks functionality. There’s some work around a but if the camera reboots you still need to reconnect to Eufy servers to regain functionality. Some people are speculating a firmware update will fix this to conform to Apple because if it doesn’t it’s possible that Apple revokes their HomeKit certification.
Oct 29, 2007
191 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
ceredon wrote: Were you restricting access through a homekit router?

Just wondering what you meant here. For this price I’m considering a couple. I have 3 of the netatmo cams which have been pretty decent but they don’t have pan and zoom.
I restricted access through a HomeKit router (Eero). I also had to add it through the Eufy software before being able to add to HomeKit.

I also ran into an issue when trying to re-add the camera where even through the Eufy app could not be added even after a factory reset and removing the Eero as my HomeKit router.

If they address some of these through firmware updates, I'll probably pick it up again.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1551 posts
1718 upvotes
trader37 wrote: [...]
lol No that's not what I was referring to. They were using the cam to watch over a brisket they were smoking. They were also using the cam to watch their pet since it has movement tracking that follows the moving object around. I have a friend who got a similar Wi-Fi cam from TP-Link to watch over their dog and they can speak to their dog over the cam and they absolutely love it. "Best investment ever" is what they said to me. The first time they spoke to their dog over the cam, their dog's reaction was priceless. lol It was very confused about where their owner's voice was coming from and looking around the room for them. The dog can hear them but not see or smell them. The poor thing was super confused, running around the room and looking out the window in vain to find the owner and barked a few times. After that, it was fine with the cam "talking" to them.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 24th, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Nov 22, 2015
37 posts
18 upvotes
We have 5 so far. I’d buy more. I have one in HomeKit but HomeKit sucks. The other 4 have been much better with their native app. But it is a HomeKit problem and not a eufy problem. Right now we have 3 being used as baby monitors (yes I have a ton of little ones), one guarding a room with an entrance and the last in the basement so I can do stuff on the main floor while keeping an eye on the kids. I would buy more but I can’t decide if I need more.
Nov 10, 2003
822 posts
431 upvotes
Richmond
Just curious, does the cam take snapshots and sent it out through email? I have Foscam and Amcrest cam, both have this feature which I like.
Feb 22, 2011
257 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
Sunmax wrote: Just curious, does the cam take snapshots and sent it out through email? I have Foscam and Amcrest cam, both have this feature which I like.
You can clip a picture using the scissor icon and it saves it to the iPhones photo album (not sure if it’s the sam on Android). From there you could email or do whatever. I don’t see a feature that goes straight to email though
Jan 28, 2008
288 posts
316 upvotes
Having issue with RTSP hit and miss and now I cant see the stream on VLC and Motioneye just displays grey box. Face With Look Of Triumph

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)