Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $57.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 12:58 pm
May 22, 2012
644 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Can these be mounted outdoors? Hows the night vision on them?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13266 posts
7026 upvotes
Southern Ontario
platinumtiger19 wrote: Can these be mounted outdoors? Hows the night vision on them?
Use a separate motion spotlight, it'll always be better than the security camera's small sensor and IR system.
Jun 2, 2016
28 posts
9 upvotes
On the App it self, go to Security and you can change the settings for home and away to send notifications or not. You can set schedule for home and away as well or leave it blank and manually do home and away your self
ntan wrote: Has anyone figured a way to only have motion sensor activated during times (like during the night?). It's a little annoying how I get bombarded with notifications when it's just me triggering it.
Aug 24, 2016
126 posts
107 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
platinumtiger19 wrote: Can these be mounted outdoors? Hows the night vision on them?
They are indoor cams and I have read somewhere they are rated 0-40 Celsius. I have 3 Wyze V2S outside in an enclosure for 18 months. 24h recording without issues. If I put the Eufy 2K under a soffit, it will have s hard time at -30 Celsius according to the specs.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2430 posts
408 upvotes
I have a country house I wanted to put a couple of cams in it to notify me of any motion. Does this notify and keep recordings (on the cloud), I don't need it longer than like 5 days or something. Also, how's the video quality? Might go with the Wyze cam bundle kit (3 cameras for $156) though since it has good reviews.
Last edited by mtlboy on Aug 24th, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 3, 2013
448 posts
77 upvotes
Brampton, ON
which ones are better for a toddler cam blink? Wyze or Eufy?

I would prefer live view and recordings beyond a day would not matter
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13266 posts
7026 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Luyuan20 wrote: As someone starting out with these types of cameras...this vs the cheaper Wyze cameras? Is this one that much better? I'm hoping to create a birds eye view outside the house similar to the system in my vehicle.
I have coverage around my house, you'll need a power source for each one. Two of them are outdoor in enclosures, front is plugged into the Xmas outlet under the eave, the other one on the side is using a long flat cable from Amazon and the cord goes through a window. The others are indoor pointing through the window. The 12s cloud clips are free, and the microSD's in them are on continuous record accessible remotely.

Front Wyze in enclosure, timestamp greater than 1.5y old:

No experience with OP's camera, someone else can chime in on outdoor use.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2430 posts
408 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: I have coverage around my house, you'll need a power source for each one. Two of them are outdoor in enclosures, front is plugged into the Xmas outlet under the eave, the other one on the side is using a long flat cable from Amazon and the cord goes through a window. The others are indoor pointing through the window. The 12s cloud clips are free, and the microSD's in them are on continuous record accessible remotely.

Front Wyze in enclosure, timestamp greater than 1.5y old:

No experience with OP's camera, someone else can chime in on outdoor use.
ah this 5m cool down period without paying doesn't seem too good, would like to find out about the Eufy if it has free cloud and no cool down for free
Jul 31, 2020
453 posts
328 upvotes
Sigh, so many manufacturers are incorrectly using the term 2K now. 2K is a resolution close to 1080p, not 1440p. They call it 2k or 4K based on the width. 1080p is close to 2000 and 4K is close to 4000, 1440p would be 2.5k.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13266 posts
7026 upvotes
Southern Ontario
mtlboy wrote: ah this 5m cool down period without paying doesn't seem too good, would like to find out about the Eufy if it has free cloud and no cool down for free
I consider the 12s clips as notifications, the footage on the microSD is 24h and I can access it fast from work.

We also run a Ring Pro doorbell.
Nov 9, 2014
197 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SergeDufort wrote: I have bought it at 11:03. I was lucky. I was hesitant to buy another Pan. Maybe in an hour or two lol. I am still satisfied with my 11 Wyze but I prefer Eufy for several reasons. For someone who is just starting out, after playing 24 hours with my Eufy pan, I would suggest going with Eufy.

Eufy isn't afraid to call them security cameras. There must be a reasonThinking Face
The Eufy cameras are not manageable if you have no internet access (or they are blocked from the internet.) The configurable RTSP stream still works, but all the fancy features cannot be reached. For some reason Eufy wants to go through their Chinese servers to connect on a local LAN. Bad design for a security camera.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1209 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
How can I turn off the siren on my eufy 2c camera?

I had Costco delivery guy come in and he’s like wtf scared.... lol