Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $ 59.99 (25% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 4:08 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2018
104 posts
60 upvotes
Mississauga
LockedOut7 wrote: No housing.
They're upside-down under the roof overhang, water and snow can't get on mine.
If you can't do that then don't use them outside as they're not meant for it.
So would you say these can survive harsh cold like -20 C ?
Mar 21, 2021
203 posts
404 upvotes
cresentRFD wrote: So would you say these can survive harsh cold like -20 C ?
Last winter was mild if I remember correctly but I do think there were a few times in the - 20 range.
And they worked for me. I wouldn't pay regular price though if you're going to use them outside. Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4316 posts
1110 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
escalade wrote: whats wrong with blink? I am thinking about getting the outdoor one.
Sooooo many notifications. It's hard to beat the AI feature of eufy of that's what your after. Otherwise there's nothing really wrong with the blink camera or app.
Nov 27, 2019
419 posts
74 upvotes
Which one is the cheapest good camera for a very basic use as indoor camera in a room?
plz suggest.
thanks
Sep 5, 2020
18 posts
29 upvotes
Any one has these working with HomeKit?
The reviews are quite negative when the camera is set to be compatible with HomeKit, while there further seems to be privacy issues of the camera requiring internet connection to work..
Aug 23, 2018
13 posts
11 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: Sooooo many notifications. It's hard to beat the AI feature of eufy of that's what your after. Otherwise there's nothing really wrong with the blink camera or app.
Does it have person detection with ring subscription?
Jun 18, 2017
597 posts
391 upvotes
LockedOut7 wrote:

I'm hoping Eufy makes a model like this but meant to be outdoors and water proof in the future. But so far so good.
They do have a outdoor pan and tilt version with flood light. Just came out a month ago, I got one on the outside of the garage, works pretty well. Got this little one inside the garage keeping a eye in there and got the little eufy static one under the soffit watching the man door and back gate. This one can record 24/7. Notices on this little indoor pan and tilt the last update is showing a 24/7 recording option now in the app. Haven’t tried it yet.
Sep 15, 2017
99 posts
302 upvotes
Bought my first Eufy cams a year ago. Much better quality/resolution, human detection, night vision and software than my Wyze cameras. You pay for what you get.

However, you have to consider a few things:

1. The cams are constantly talking to the Eufy servers in China which some may find to be a security issue. When some customers tried to block the servers, the cameras wouldn't work. Very shady.

2. You can't upgrade the Home base storage capacity despite it having a usb port. 16GB is all you get. Despite Eufy's past statements promising USB stick storage support, nothing has been done.

2. The company is copying Apple and designing their products with planned obsolesce in mind. You can't connect your old cameras to the new Eufy gen home base, likewise you can't connect the new gen cameras to old home base.
Jun 18, 2017
597 posts
391 upvotes
I’m thinking every one of these camera brands are talking to hq.

That’s why I don’t use any indoors dont trust any of them. You see stories of the ring and google ones and other ones being hacked and people watching and talking to family members.

I don’t get why some people put cameras in bedrooms, if I did indoor cams it will be looking at the front and back doors and that is it.
Mar 21, 2021
203 posts
404 upvotes
Homer001 wrote: I’m thinking every one of these camera brands are talking to hq.

That’s why I don’t use any indoors dont trust any of them. You see stories of the ring and google ones and other ones being hacked and people watching and talking to family members.

I don’t get why some people put cameras in bedrooms, if I did indoor cams it will be looking at the front and back doors and that is it.
I don't use any of their cameras indoors either. And I have 3 different models including 3 of the pan and tilt
Nov 13, 2020
84 posts
115 upvotes
hotsauce007 wrote: Any recommendations for cheap SD cards?
I have these cams working with these SD cards from Amazon (got 3 package over the past 1.5 years and all proved to have real capacity).

Gigastone 64GB 5-Pack Micro SD Card, 4K UHD Video, Surveillance Security Cam Action Camera Drone Professional, 90MB/s Micro SDXC UHS-I A1 Class 10
Jul 10, 2019
398 posts
360 upvotes
Skyghost wrote:

1. The cams are constantly talking to the Eufy servers in China which some may find to be a security issue. When some customers tried to block the servers, the cameras wouldn't work. Very shady.
please give a source on this. i don't see any outbound connections from eufy in my network at all.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Sep 15, 2017
99 posts
302 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: please give a source on this. i don't see any outbound connections from eufy in my network at all.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EufyCam/comments/j7qzca/2k_indoor_cam_pinging_chinese_servers/

Edit: For some reason RFD isn't letting me post the link to the Anker community forums. Just google "Do Eufy cams send data back to China".

Despite the security concerns. I still recommend the cameras for the other pros I've mentioned in my other post.