Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Eufy security indoor cam 2K $47.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 9:47 am
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2008
1185 posts
1288 upvotes
kingkelly wrote: Started crying like a baby and I got a push notification.
Thanks for testing it Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
Bluiis48 wrote: Cloud storage is available, just like Wyze, cost $2.99 US per month with discounts for annual payment, multiple cameras etc. Apple Homekit also has iCloud of course if you are in to that with the pros and cons.
Wyze 15 second clips are free, does this camera offer a free storage tier at all? I can't seem to find it.
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
yuprules wrote: Wyze 15 second clips are free, does this camera offer a free storage tier at all? I can't seem to find it.
No, but Wyze is going to fee based cloud in September. Check the Wyze community forum for lots of discussion regarding the storage change.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
Bluiis48 wrote: No, but Wyze is going to fee based cloud in September. Check the Wyze community forum for lots of discussion regarding the storage change.
If you have an sd card will you still be able to view it remotely without a fee?
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Tijuana wrote: If you have an sd card will you still be able to view it remotely without a fee?
Assume you are referring to Wyze. Yes and record 24/7 or on schedule of course.
To make it easy here is an excerpt from Wyze announcement dated July 20th. Suggest you go their forum to read the whole thing.
“ Many of you have been greatly anticipating the release of Person Detection for Wyze Cam. Over the last few months, we’ve had this service in beta testing, and we’re happy to report that the testing is going really well. Person Detection is meeting our high expectations, and it’s only going to keep improving over time. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that it’s very expensive to run, and the costs are recurring. We greatly under-forecasted the monthly cloud costs when we started working on this project last year (we’ve also since hired an actual finance guy…). The reality is we will not be able to absorb these costs and stay in business.

We hate asking our customers to pay subscription fees, but the most logical solution seems to be to at least put subscriptions on the features where we have recurring monthly costs.”
Feb 19, 2009
300 posts
146 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Wyze 15 second clips are free, does this camera offer a free storage tier at all? I can't seem to find it.
Yeah, I'm using it with an 128 GB Micro SD card, instant notifications with thumbnails, no cool-downs. The Eufy records 30 seconds clips up to 5 minutes at a time. I had nieces and nephews running around the front yard and it recorded for 5 minutes straight, then it starts recording a new clip. You could also enable continuous recording 24/7 or schedule it to start continuous recording at a certain time.
Feb 19, 2009
300 posts
146 upvotes
yuprules wrote: I see everyone says that the video is better on this, but it has no cloud storage. Thieves can run off with the micro sd card with all the footage in it.

Wouldn't a Wyze camera be better for "keeping the footage" in the cloud?
Eufy encrypts the micro SD, Wyze doesn't.
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Just want to add another good feature of the Eufy, my wife going around the yard reminded me. There is a snooze feature for notifications, 15 minutes up to 12 hours so if a trusted person is setting off continuous alarms snooze stops that. Also a built in siren to scare off wildlife (or wild people) as long as the neighbours can live with it.
Dec 3, 2013
620 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton, ON
does this connect to an echo show 5?
Nov 22, 2015
37 posts
18 upvotes
sjangss wrote: does this connect to an echo show 5?
It does but not well. Ours seems to time out often and functionality on the echo show is limited.
Dec 3, 2013
620 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Kellie0105x wrote: It does but not well. Ours seems to time out often and functionality on the echo show is limited.
Thanks... then what screen can this be paired with other than a phone? thinking of using it as a toddler cam and want something i can turn on and see a live view
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
sjangss wrote: Thanks... then what screen can this be paired with other than a phone? thinking of using it as a toddler cam and want something i can turn on and see a live view
Probably not much other than a phone or tablet. The time outs are the same (at this time) on Google displays. This is not a camera problem but a server problem ( probably the same for the Amazon products). The video stream needs to go from your home, over the internet, through a server and back to your smart home display. The server part is the problem, with potentially millions of cameras doing that Google/Amazon servers would be overloaded so the use time is limited, hence the timeouts. A smartphone or tablet using the Eufy app only uses your own wifi. Do you or a friend have an unused phone or tablet gathering dust ? That would be happy to stream 24/7 with no extra pieces needed.
Nov 22, 2015
37 posts
18 upvotes
sjangss wrote: Thanks... then what screen can this be paired with other than a phone? thinking of using it as a toddler cam and want something i can turn on and see a live view
We mirror our phone to our tv with Apple TV. It works well. It also works well with iPads. The issue seems only to be Alexa and from someone else’s comment, google. iPhones and Apple devices have worked perfectly with no hiccups. Ive also heard they’re bringing in the app for Apple TV when the new update gets released but don’t quote me for that.
Dec 3, 2013
620 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Bluiis48 wrote: Probably not much other than a phone or tablet. The time outs are the same (at this time) on Google displays. This is not a camera problem but a server problem ( probably the same for the Amazon products). The video stream needs to go from your home, over the internet, through a server and back to your smart home display. The server part is the problem, with potentially millions of cameras doing that Google/Amazon servers would be overloaded so the use time is limited, hence the timeouts. A smartphone or tablet using the Eufy app only uses your own wifi. Do you or a friend have an unused phone or tablet gathering dust ? That would be happy to stream 24/7 with no extra pieces needed.
Thanks! yes i do have a samsung A8 that i got free from a phone deal that is never in use. Are you saying the Eufy camera can pair with that and have the screen on all the time?
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
sjangss wrote: Thanks! yes i do have a samsung A8 that i got free from a phone deal that is never in use. Are you saying the Eufy camera can pair with that and have the screen on all the time?
Absolutely, set it up, no sim required, connect to your wifi. Install Eufy app and enjoy. Screen should stay on because phone should treat it like watching YouTube. If not tweak screen timeout or look for free app to override timeout. Should be a great solution. Will not work out of your own wifi range but you already know that and not needed anyway.
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Kellie0105x wrote: We mirror our phone to our tv with Apple TV. It works well. It also works well with iPads. The issue seems only to be Alexa and from someone else’s comment, google. iPhones and Apple devices have worked perfectly with no hiccups. Ive also heard they’re bringing in the app for Apple TV when the new update gets released but don’t quote me for that.
tvOS 14 is more HomeKit camera friendly, as are the iPhone and iPad releases, on my iPad running iOS 14 beta the Eufy cam can show as Picture in Picture using HomeKit (tested without setting up iCloud recording) and Apple TV will also have Picture in Picture. My problem with HomeKit and any compatible camera is the requirement to buy additional iCloud storage. More than one camera costs $12.99 a month which is a bit steep for me for the benefits. However iOS 14 also brings person recognition to a new level by actually naming the person once recognition has been trained. This is also rumoured to be coming on the Eufy app.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
Anyone have an issue with the app where they can't select WiFi on the drop down menu? I see the drop down menu but can't select it. I then try to enter manually but can't select the security on the drop down menu. It seems there's an issue with the drop down menu but I don't see others having the same issue after some Googling.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Tabooger wrote: Anyone have an issue with the app where they can't select WiFi on the drop down menu? I see the drop down menu but can't select it. I then try to enter manually but can't select the security on the drop down menu. It seems there's an issue with the drop down menu but I don't see others having the same issue after some Googling.
What operating system are you referring to ?