Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 2K HD,2-Way Audio - $179.99 w/ $60 coupon // Wireless $169.99 w/ $50 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 3:23 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2008
311 posts
58 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 2K HD,2-Way Audio - $179.99 w/ $60 coupon // Wireless $169.99 w/ $50 coupon

Stumbled across this while looking at smart doorbells for my in-laws. I wanted to get the $99 Nest Hello that was posted recently but wasn't able to pick one up. This looked like the next best thing, I also like the fact that I didn't have to subscribe my in-laws to the services like Nest Aware as this camera looks like it records locally.

I personally have the Nest Hello so I can't speak on the quality of this eufy, but it looks generally highly reviewed. This is the wired version, 2K video + electronic chime. I'm sure others with eufy can speak to their experience with this doorbell.

$239.99 - $60 coupon = $179.99

Edit: Looks like Amazon also has the wireless version for $219.99 - $50 coupon =$169.99 , this one doesn't look like it has the newer homebase

eufy Security, Wireless Video Doorbell (Battery-Powered) with 2K HD, No Monthly Fee, On-Device AI for Human Detection, 2-Way Audio, Simple Self-Installation https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B092V18S35/ref ... Z0SQQSPCKX

Take your pick people!
Last edited by 1ton on Sep 26th, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
See how the eufy compares to other sin RFD Reviews' top picks for the best doorbell cameras!
31 replies
Jul 14, 2015
26 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
I really like this doorbell. There is also a model that is battery powered and doesn't need the doorbell wires.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1370 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if Eufy offers a subscription based service as well (for home alarm)? Looking to get something that also has live monitoring. Ring offers the service for $15/month.

If anyone has experience with it, would love to know what their thoughts are on the quality of it.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1110 posts
432 upvotes
Edmonton
The Eufy battery powered one can also be wired or run on battery correct? It also gives you the option to use your existing bell chime, while this one doesnt.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16225 posts
4701 upvotes
Scarberia
hot if it was the wireless version and with no taxes!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1373 posts
1697 upvotes
jumperson22 wrote: If anyone has experience with it, would love to know what their thoughts are on the quality of it.
No subscription required. I have 3 in my house running on the same doorbell circuit - no power problems whatsoever.

So far, experience has been great. It notifies me of any movement on my phone and it's super sensitive - likes to detect moving car wheels and other random inanimate moving objects as human. Sensitivity can be adjusted on the app.

What's slightly annoying is there's a minimum 10 second delay for phone notifications - sometimes minutes but this could possibly be from my wifi or the delay in writing to the built-in memory. Also, the Eufy chime can't connect to more than one doorbell.

Video quality is great during the day and it has infrared vision but you can get overexposure from IR bouncing around.

Totally worth it for me because I hate subscription service and the features you get for this price is unbeatable.
Nov 30, 2007
22 posts
7 upvotes
Burlington
Headsup to Samsung phone users - based on my experience (Galaxy S10e), this app can have really delayed notifications if you allow the Samsung battery optimizer to run on the app. Unfortunately, if you turn off the optimizer, the Eufy app destroys battery life - like 40% drain in 5 hours.

I have been engaged with Eufy support, and they have attempted a couple of beta firmware and app versions for me to try, but nothing solves the issue yet.

I have an Abode security system, and the notifications are extremely quick and no battery issues. If I could go back in time, I'd avoid this product.
Aug 15, 2007
591 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
escalade wrote: The Eufy battery powered one can also be wired or run on battery correct? It also gives you the option to use your existing bell chime, while this one doesnt.
Correct, though only an existing mechanical chime can be used with the wireless. It can also use an echo.

Other features of the wireless are the included home base, which can be used to add other devices, the larger memory capacity that resides inside, rather than in the doorbell itself and the lack of a prebuffer
Jun 22, 2007
195 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
Eufy > all.

Nuff said.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1110 posts
432 upvotes
Edmonton
ff_29 wrote: Correct, though only an existing mechanical chime can be used with the wireless. It can also use an echo.

Other features of the wireless are the included home base, which can be used to add other devices, the larger memory capacity that resides inside, rather than in the doorbell itself and the lack of a prebuffer
For the wireless one, can the existing doorbell be used both in wireless and wired modes?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3065 posts
2126 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
There are two pillars in front of my house, one that is roughly 3 feet in front of existing doorbell.
My existing doorbell is about 30 years ago when my house was built, so I am sorely wanting to replace it with something more modern.
However, the existing pillar is my biggest concern, as I am not sure how much vision I can get out of this doorbell.

Thoughts?
Last edited by AsianXL on Sep 26th, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $43/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Aug 15, 2007
591 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
escalade wrote: For the wireless one, can the existing doorbell be used both in wireless and wired modes?
I'd assume wired only. Not sure how you'd operated a mechanical chime otherwise.

Homebase with the wireless one does also function as a chime and you also have the option of the echo dot as a chime, so unless you are really attached to your existing chime for some reason, i can't see it as a deal-breaker
Aug 15, 2007
591 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: There are two pillars in front of my house, one that is roughly 3 feet away from my existing doorbell.
My existing doorbell is about 30 years ago when my house was built, so I am sorely wanting to replace it with something more modern.
However, the existing pillar is my biggest concern, as I am not sure how much vision I can get out of this doorbell.

Thoughts?
I've got a wall on one side of my doorway and a pillar about 3 feet away on the other side as well. If i had to guess, I'd say the opening between them is 4ft or slightly less. The camera has a wide angle lens, so obstructions aren't an issue for me. So long as you mount the doorbell on the doorframe, or as close to the door as possible (like most people do) you shouldn't have issues.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2849 posts
1228 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there any reason to pick the wired one if the wireless one can also be hooked up wired if required but also gives the wireless option. ?? Or am I missing something..
Sep 26, 2016
27 posts
62 upvotes
Since it saves locally, you’d assume you could operate it in a closed loop if you wanted to. No. It needs internet access even if you want to run it locally. Just be aware.
Jun 1, 2015
771 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TLSRULZ wrote: Is there any reason to pick the wired one if the wireless one can also be hooked up wired if required but also gives the wireless option. ?? Or am I missing something..
Price difference between this and wireless? What's the all time lowest price wireless 1 has been
Jun 18, 2017
546 posts
365 upvotes
Got the wireless one wired in as my old wiring doesn’t provide enough power to run the wired one. I have it wired in to keep the battery topped up. I think they said the wireless one is a bit bulkier too. The one complaint people have with eufy is it’s size and shape compared to nest and such. Not as nice looking but for me not going for looks.
Jan 13, 2018
145 posts
250 upvotes
Wired one does not work for auto notification on Google Nest hubs. Had I known this, I would have got a Nest one instead.
Nov 6, 2011
170 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
1ton wrote: Stumbled across this while looking at smart doorbells for my in-laws. I wanted to get the $99 Nest Hello that was posted recently but wasn't able to pick one up. This looked like the next best thing, I also like the fact that I didn't have to subscribe my in-laws to the services like Nest Aware as this camera looks like it records locally.

I personally have the Nest Hello so I can't speak on the quality of this eufy, but it looks generally highly reviewed. This is the wired version, 2K video + electronic chime. I'm sure others with eufy can speak to their experience with this doorbell.

$239.99 - $60 coupon = $179.99

Edit: Looks like Amazon also has the wireless version for $219.99 - $50 coupon =$169.99 , this one doesn't look like it has the newer homebase

eufy Security, Wireless Video Doorbell (Battery-Powered) with 2K HD, No Monthly Fee, On-Device AI for Human Detection, 2-Way Audio, Simple Self-Installation https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B092V18S35/ref ... Z0SQQSPCKX

Take your pick people!
Is there any benefit to getting the battery version with the homebase vs the battery version with the microSD chime, if i don't have any other eufy products?
Jul 3, 2014
115 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Some notes about wired/wireless versions

• Wired version records locally and isn't compatible with Eufy's “homebase.” This means that if somebody were to steal/break the doorbell, the recording would be lost. The Wireless version transmits video to a homebase so even if the doorbell is stolen, you can still access the video on the homebase
  • Wireless version starts recording about 3 seconds later than the wired version after motion is detected. This is because even if you decide to wire the Wireless version, it’ll operate in low power mode
  • Wired version isn’t compatible with existing door chimes and you’ll need to use a jumper to bypass your existing chime box. Don’t know if this is also required for the Wireless version
  • Note also that Best Buy USA sells a Eufy Doorbell Pro that records 24/7