Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell with 2K HD,2-Way Audio - $179.99 w/ $60 coupon // Wireless $169.99 w/ $50 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 3:23 pm
Jul 3, 2014
118 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does the included chime box work if there's no WiFi? I've also read that the doorbell doesn't save video to it's local storage when there's no WiFi. Can someone confirm?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1714 posts
1732 upvotes
Markham, ON
Clingon wrote: Wired one does not work for auto notification on Google Nest hubs. Had I known this, I would have got a Nest one instead.

I got the Nest for this reason as well.

I have a few Google Net Hubs and Lenovo (Google) Essential clocks around the house (1 in each kid's room).

Paid extra for the Google Nest wired instead of the Eufy (though I have the Eufy Smartlock WIFI -- which is great.).
Hi!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1340 posts
997 upvotes
GTA
montyburns wrote: Some notes about wired/wireless versions

• Wired version records locally and isn't compatible with Eufy's “homebase.” This means that if somebody were to steal/break the doorbell, the recording would be lost. The Wireless version transmits video to a homebase so even if the doorbell is stolen, you can still access the video on the homebase
  • Wireless version starts recording about 3 seconds later than the wired version after motion is detected. This is because even if you decide to wire the Wireless version, it’ll operate in low power mode
  • Wired version isn’t compatible with existing door chimes and you’ll need to use a jumper to bypass your existing chime box. Don’t know if this is also required for the Wireless version
  • Note also that Best Buy USA sells a Eufy Doorbell Pro that records 24/7
You can buy the Pro version in Canada from Best Buy as well for $249 (it’s been down to $199). They say it’s online only but the can be found in-store as well, YMMV though.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/eu ... y/15469330
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Feb 10, 2007
464 posts
201 upvotes
Does this have RTSP?

EDIT: Did some digging, looks like it was promised and delayed a few times. I don't see anything that indicates that it has been implemented. This is a dealbreaker for me. Companies that promise future features or capabilities often don't deliver.
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
ndiniwachojeff wrote: You can buy the Pro version in Canada from Best Buy as well for $249 (it’s been down to $199). They say it’s online only but the can be found in-store as well, YMMV though.

It’s down to $199 again. Do any of their cameras do 24/7 recordings aswell? Looking to switch out of the ring ecosystem
Jan 6, 2008
342 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
platinumtiger19 wrote: It’s down to $199 again. Do any of their cameras do 24/7 recordings aswell? Looking to switch out of the ring ecosystem
For some models (such as my pan & tilt) you can set them to record continuously on the microSD card and you can access that historical footage through the app. It even highlights where motion occurred for mine.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9832 posts
1302 upvotes
GTA
joshua18 wrote: What's the difference between the battery one for 219 and this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/Eufy-E82101W3-Vid ... ljaz10cnVl
I have one of the ones you linked to with the cube type device. That cube can be connected direct to your network with CAT cable. I am not sure what all of the differences are but I ended up going with that one when bought for office.
It works pretty good for what I need but wish the delay was not as long from pushing the button to the notification. Where mine is setup there aren't many people that walk in front of it on a day to day basis so I am able to keep notifications on and when I hear the notification know likely someone is there to ring the doorbell next.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1072 posts
64 upvotes
Scarborough
Have this for over 5 months, the house never had a door bell on the outside the facade and sometimes when we lock the facade door nobody can ring the bell.

Had to recharge one once, but maybe more during the winter when it drains quicker.

PRO:
Can just put it in the middle of the door and its
1. Extremely visible.
2. No escape the recording.
3. Just squish taped it to the door for easy put on.
4. Free storage and no paying AND dont have to worry about Google/Amazon using your face for Skynet AI

My CON:
1. Delay recording. if some rush in very quickly the camera might only caught the tail end which miss their face
2. I have a samsung phone and the delay is real.
3. Initially I was able to connect it through my nest hub max, but somehow the connection is lost and could never get the connection again.
4. No facial recognition for distinguishing family from strangers.
If the price is right, just roll the dice.
Dec 14, 2001
644 posts
516 upvotes
Sorry - I don't mean to thread crap but I have invested a bunch of money in Eufy cameras and doorbell only to learn recently that there remains a huge security issue with the system that Eufy is aware of but can't/wont fix - if a thief steals a camera and simply hits the reset button on the stolen camera, all the video of the theft is deleted from the homebase. The thief can now use the camera on another system. I believe this issue also effects the doorbell. More info here in Eufy community forum:

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/ ... ra/903359/
Dec 26, 2017
827 posts
647 upvotes
Spend the extra money and get the pro version it comes with 5 days internal storage in the door bell
Sometimes it doesn't detect things and I wanted to be able to go back and search
Best decision I made
You do have to buy it from best buy USA
Also this was 135 at one point
Jul 3, 2014
118 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ndiniwachojeff wrote: You can buy the Pro version in Canada from Best Buy as well for $249 (it’s been down to $199). They say it’s online only but the can be found in-store as well, YMMV though.

The Best Buy version has been OOS since before the sale but can confirm some stores also carry it. Now to decide to buy now or if it'll be cheaper for Black Friday

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)