[Amazon.ca] EXPIRED: Behringer UMC404HD audio interface $121.04, currently OOS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2020 8:44 pm
[OP]
Apr 13, 2003
105 posts
60 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] EXPIRED: Behringer UMC404HD audio interface $121.04, currently OOS

Amazon.ca has the 4x4 Behringer UMC404HD audio interface on sale for $121.04, regularly $204, which is the cheapest they've ever sold it. The only drawback is that it is out of stock (I don't know of any retailer in Canada that hasn't sold out of it since the pandemic started) so they might not get it in stock for a few weeks.

This Behringer audio interface is fairly good value and reasonable quality. There are better ones out there but they will cost quite a bit more.
Last edited by bsp on May 13th, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1246 posts
1356 upvotes
Good post, this is definitely a good deal for small time streamer, personal recording studio set up, etc. Or even just a spare for a serious setup. Can't really go wrong with this price!
Jan 18, 2012
790 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely an excellent price.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1502 posts
608 upvotes
Yea, hard to go wrong at that price, even if it is a Behringer unit.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1174 posts
167 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pretty good price for an audio interface. I'm still using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 but having 4 inputs on this Behringer (rather than 2) is a nice bonus.
Jan 24, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Could this be used in a live band setup, or is it just for recording? Say I had some PA speakers, a mic, and a couple guitar amps. Would it be feasible to hook it all up with this and make it sound okay, or do I need a mixing board? Would I have to use my laptop no matter what? Sorry if these are dumb questions! Idk jack all about this stuff yet.

Gonna place an order regardless, but I'm interested to know.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1246 posts
1356 upvotes
krsmas wrote: Could this be used in a live band setup, or is it just for recording? Say I had some PA speakers, a mic, and a couple guitar amps. Would it be feasible to hook it all up with this and make it sound okay, or do I need a mixing board? Would I have to use my laptop no matter what? Sorry if these are dumb questions! Idk jack all about this stuff yet.

This is meant for recording to a computer as the "sound card" that has 4 channels (2 x stereo pair) basically. Unless you use more then 2 mic, generally speaking you don't need this.

You can sorta use it to output to monitor too and use it as a digital mixer. But there really isn't much benefit using an interface for that.
Oct 9, 2014
27 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Can this be used in a karaoke setup or a mixer is better for that?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2222 posts
716 upvotes
I consider this old and underpowered and probably discontinued for those reasons. I would not recommend it unless you wanted to start a band with your kids or something
krsmas wrote: Could this be used in a live band setup
Yes, but one reason it wouldn't be is because it doesn't have all the knobs of a purpose-built mixer
Nov 15, 2019
38 posts
51 upvotes
Kitchener
I have this unit; bought it a few years ago for $144 in Jan 2018.

Good for home studio. Quality is middle of the road. Volume cuts out now and again if the signal isn't strong enough. For an interface with 4 pre-amps and numerous outputs you can't beat the value.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
8217 posts
580 upvotes
Definitely go with a mixer.
feiya200 wrote: Can this be used in a karaoke setup or a mixer is better for that?
Heatware: 36-0-0
May 5, 2017
407 posts
137 upvotes
krsmas wrote: Could this be used in a live band setup, or is it just for recording? Say I had some PA speakers, a mic, and a couple guitar amps. Would it be feasible to hook it all up with this and make it sound okay, or do I need a mixing board? Would I have to use my laptop no matter what? Sorry if these are dumb questions! Idk jack all about this stuff yet.

Yes, you would need to use your laptop and thus get way too much latency for live playing. This would be a better fit
https://www.amazon.ca/Behringer-1202FX- ... ie+&sr=8-4
Dec 14, 2012
312 posts
317 upvotes
Ottawa
feiya200 wrote: Can this be used in a karaoke setup or a mixer is better for that?
This is what I used to build my karaoke.
YAMAHA MG10XU
Very satisfied.
Jun 29, 2016
824 posts
376 upvotes
Whats the difference vs the 8 input mixer or the 12 input mixer?
I still want to get one of these mixer for diy karaokee and mesing around on my PC. But when i did my research the consesunsus was it is better to get a higher quality one, like Mackie, since the lower quality ones had a lot of noise, especially at higher levels.
This bad boy is on my whish list although I never saw it reduced and actually it has increased in price by $20.
Sep 17, 2016
232 posts
218 upvotes
KW
I paid $129 in 2017, so it's definitely been around this price before

That said I use it every day and I really like it. I podcast with it weekly and use it as an audio interface for work calls (I worked remote before this covid stuff)

The built in mic pres are really nice and lots of cable routing options. Totally solid buy at this price.

If you want to hear it in action and compressed down to 80mbps mono, you can listen to an episode or two of Too Scary at tooscary.ca/iTunes/etc