Dec 22, 2017
149 posts
59 upvotes
6ix
Good price, perfect for band recordings
May 5, 2017
401 posts
136 upvotes
govas19 wrote: Whats the difference vs the 8 input mixer or the 12 input mixer?
I still want to get one of these mixer for diy karaokee and mesing around on my PC. But when i did my research the consesunsus was it is better to get a higher quality one, like Mackie, since the lower quality ones had a lot of noise, especially at higher levels.
This bad boy is on my whish list although I never saw it reduced and actually it has increased in price by $20.
The difference is the total amount of input channels which consequently translates to more mics inputs, or potentially high z for DI.

It's more important to think of how many mics you need if you're looking for karaoke. There are 8 channel mixers with 4 mic preamps for example. Better brands like mackie and allen & heath will come with better preamps and potentially lower noise floor and in general tolerate more abuse. Unless you are working with nice mics in a treated room going through higher quality pa speakers you won't notice much of a difference :) most bands could potentially use a behringer mixer in a pinch and still do a decent concert !
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3362 posts
92 upvotes
Any other karaoke mixer recommendations?
Looking for at least 2 mics with effects, echo etc.

Thanks.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2003
105 posts
60 upvotes
It looks like the deal is now over. Not surprising since very low prices usually only last a few hours on Amazon.
Aug 14, 2009
303 posts
229 upvotes
Bought in Jan '18 for $129+tax. I've used it for live gigs to route various MIDI instruments / tracks thru to the main FoH board; worked great, no latency issues, rock solid. I've also used for recording jam sessions, scratch stuff to keep track of ideas, etc, but I'd say it also has good enough sound for simple demos.
Dec 14, 2012
303 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
Blunt wrote: Any other karaoke mixer recommendations?
Looking for at least 2 mics with effects, echo etc.

Thanks.
depends on your performance expectation.

Pyle Portable Microphone Mixer Karaoke System with Dual Mic Support, 3.5mm Stereo Type Audio Input Jack & RCA Type Audio / Video Output Jack - Ideal for DJ Sound, Home Party, & Theater https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075RN3FNN/ref ... VEbF4VHJFX
[OP]
Apr 13, 2003
105 posts
60 upvotes
I received an email from Amazon today saying the UMC404HD should be available and shipped next week. It's good to see the wait is almost over.