Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [Expired] Element Classic Sengled Smart Bulb - 1 Pack - A19 60W Equiv. Daylight (5000K) - Lightning Deal - $7.19

[OP]
Aug 21, 2011
866 posts
489 upvotes
Whitby

[Amazon Canada] [Expired] Element Classic Sengled Smart Bulb - 1 Pack - A19 60W Equiv. Daylight (5000K) - Lightning Deal - $7.19

Amazon has the Sengled 1 Pack Day Light bulb on the lightning deal. You would need a zigbee hub like Smarthings, Wink etc. to use this bulb as a smart one. As of now it's 25% claimed.
Last edited by abshahul on Feb 19th, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
27 replies
Jun 11, 2016
372 posts
388 upvotes
Am torn about these Sengleds. Works great ( also use one at the outdoor light to the shed despite being rated for indoors) but these are a pain in the a** to set up.
Using tablet and the Sengled app (or whatever the app was upgraded to) am still struggling to properly configure the 8 bulbs from Boxing Day as only 3 of the 8 respond.

Cheers, KH
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1827 posts
309 upvotes
Hamilton
Will this just work with a amazon dot
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Aug 31, 2014
392 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KravenHead wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:11 am
Am torn about these Sengleds. Works great ( also use one at the outdoor light to the shed despite being rated for indoors) but these are a pain in the a** to set up.
Using tablet and the Sengled app (or whatever the app was upgraded to) am still struggling to properly configure the 8 bulbs from Boxing Day as only 3 of the 8 respond.

Cheers, KH
Did you try following the steps to reset the bulbs in the app? It says you have to toggle the lights on and off at least 10 times but what it doesn't say is that you have to do it incredibly quickly for it to reset. I had a massive headache trying to set mine up until I reset them and then they paired no problem.
Aug 31, 2014
392 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:13 am
Will this just work with a amazon dot
Not with the dot, no, you'd need the Echo Plus that has the built in hub or a separate hub like SmartThings or the Sengled hub.
Jun 11, 2016
372 posts
388 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:16 am
Did you try following the steps to reset the bulbs in the app? It says you have to toggle the lights on and off at least 10 times but what it doesn't say is that you have to do it incredibly quickly for it to reset. I had a massive headache trying to set mine up until I reset them and then they paired no problem.
Yes sir. Reset, scanned, erased, redo etc. multiple times. .. I work on them occasionally until I literally get a headache then give up.
The issue is I fail to group 5 of them as "basement" or "man cave" or "basement man cave"

Smart lights are a great concept but extremely frustrating.
Last edited by KravenHead on Feb 14th, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3271 posts
3435 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Limit of 1. Who even is the offer targeting?

I got one because most of my lights are warm white. It's a pain to reset the lights, but I have 15 lights and they all work.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1827 posts
309 upvotes
Hamilton
Growingupisold wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:17 am
Not with the dot, no, you'd need the Echo Plus that has the built in hub or a separate hub like SmartThings or the Sengled hub.
Hey thanks...
Good deal but I don't want to be adding different hubs.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Aug 31, 2014
392 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KravenHead wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:21 am
Yes sir. Reset, scanned, erased, redo etc. multiple times. .. I work on them occasionally until I literally get a headache then give up.
That's unfortunate, I had one bulb that would do that and ended up getting a replacement through Amazon.
Jun 28, 2018
49 posts
55 upvotes
I need the yellow warmer light. Do I buy soft white or day light?
Existence is pain.
Dec 6, 2017
456 posts
179 upvotes
Manitoba
My setup are all Sengled and it hasn't given me any headaches other than the initial reset of some bulbs.
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3271 posts
3435 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
DealersChoice2018 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:24 am
I need the yellow warmer light. Do I buy soft white or day light?
Soft white. The 8 pack goes on sale for ~$40 or lower sometimes. Wait if you can.
Mar 3, 2017
313 posts
107 upvotes
Woodstock
Can’t figure out how to get more than one, even after purchasing and trying to get another. Limit OPC? Lame. Still, will go well with the 10 I already have. Thanks, OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1386 posts
117 upvotes
Sold out, when I clicked on the deal it was 72% sold out, booted up my laptop now its 100% claimed, joined the waitlist. Only need 2 more bulbs for my main floor :) Any ideas if the tend to release more for the deal?

Winky
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50885 posts
15597 upvotes
KravenHead wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:11 am

Cheers, KH
I bought 16 bulbs and one was defective. I did the 10 switching on and off (as per Sengled CS) thrice to no avail.

ST hub would find them in a second or two, but not this one bulb. And I tried a few times and even waited for two minutes once.

I only got a single bulb replacement after shipping the defective one to Sengled Company. I was hoping for more lol.