Expired - Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K - Dash Cam - Lightening Deal 15% off $276

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 5:02 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
780 posts
602 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Expired - Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K - Dash Cam - Lightening Deal 15% off $276

Lightening deal on Amazon until approximately 4 pm on Saturday - 15% off (around $48).
No extra coupons this time.

Also got a wiring kit for parking, 4PCS Circuit Fuse Tap, and a polarizer.
Last edited by Midav on Jul 26th, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
34 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
6485 posts
20641 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please. ($276.24)
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
May 4, 2006
311 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of negative reviews on this one... will hold off until product becomes more reliable? Thx!
[Ebay] 658-0-0
[Heatware] 1-0-0
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1257 posts
1801 upvotes
Vancouver
I had an older one channel(front only) model of this one. After a year, it could not stand the heat parking on the street without shade cover. It failed and it's well known facts when I searched the net. I would not touch any product from this company.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3332 posts
2950 upvotes
Victoria
wranglery wrote: I would not touch any product from this company.
LOL Viofo has been one of the top-rated dashcam brands for several years. Consistently exposing any electronics to extreme heat is bound to lead to failure.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7175 posts
7666 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmmm, has a Sony IMX335 sensor with "8 megapixel" resolution and "3840 x 2160p 30fps" recording. But the specs for the IMX335 say 2616 x 1964 resolution (4:3 aspect ratio, 5 megapixel). It does only mention 4K recording resolution, so maybe they just got the sensor specs wrong.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16270 posts
13789 upvotes
GTA, ON
wranglery wrote: I had an older one channel(front only) model of this one. After a year, it could not stand the heat parking on the street without shade cover. It failed and it's well known facts when I searched the net. I would not touch any product from this company.
I've had two A119S V.2 for a couple years now and it has never failed. Image is still good and clean.

If you want to talk about a company to avoid, it would be Blackvue.

As the above poster says though, any electronic left in the hot sun (extreme heat) without protection will malfunction and crap out. I've lost a few digital cameras that way. They just can't handle that type of heat.

*edit*
Correction on spelling of company name.
Last edited by chimaican on Jul 25th, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5182 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Front camera is only 130 degrees?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1897 posts
1680 upvotes
Ontario
chimaican wrote: I've had two A119S V.2 for a couple years now and it has never failed. Image is still good and clean.

If you want to talk about a company to avoid, it would be Blackview.

As the above poster says though, any electronic left in the hot sun (extreme heat) without protection will malfunction and crap out. I've lost a few digital cameras that way. They just can't handle that type of heat.
What's wrong with Black view? I thought it was one of the higher end brands.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2739 posts
316 upvotes
RichRFD wrote: What's wrong with Black view? I thought it was one of the higher end brands.
It's notoriously unreliable and overpriced for sub-par quality. You get the same/better video quality and reliability from cameras that are half the price.
I've had two or three of them break within a year. Switched brands and haven't gone back since.
Last edited by navyseals on Jul 25th, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackJays wrote: shame has been acheived
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5182 posts
7000 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Anyone have the Rexing Brand?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16270 posts
13789 upvotes
GTA, ON
RichRFD wrote:
What's wrong with Black view? I thought it was one of the higher end brands.
navyseals wrote: It's notoriously unreliable and overpriced for sub-par quality. You get the same/better video quality and reliability from cameras that are half the price.
I've had two or three of them break within a year. Switched brands and haven't gone back since.
Yup. Don't confuse flashy marketing & high price point to be the same as quality.
Also find that Blackvue overall profile/size is a bit too large.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Mar 5, 2012
700 posts
390 upvotes
Canada
Does anyone have a sub $150 dashcam to recommend? Thinking about the Aukey branded one...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3332 posts
2950 upvotes
Victoria
sandeep8g wrote: Whats the best memory card for a dashcam?
One that is labelled "High Endurance"
Jan 8, 2015
211 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought this and hardwired it to my new car. It does have problems with the current summer heat and parking mode. It just overheats and stops recording after maybe 5-10 minutes after leaving my car. But I'm not sure if a more expensive Thinkware U1000 would also react the same in this heat too so I don't even know if it's worth it to buy the more expensive one as I do really want the parking mode feature.

Recording while driving still works find though, but I only record in 2K mode as I'm worried recording in 4K will cause it to overheat (plus I only have a 64GB card and it'll require more re-writes over time with 4K). Ultimately, I'm too lazy to remove the wiring and I'll just take it for what it is since I don't think any other dashcam would fare any better with this heat right now...
Apr 30, 2020
352 posts
315 upvotes
Wasn't this camera 245$ somewhere not too long ago?

I have one of these in my wife's car and it's pretty good so far. Need one for my Highlander will have to figure out how to hook the rear camera though since the rear window opens up.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6546 posts
4078 upvotes
Toronto
I hope OP knows you need 2 of same size fuse tap. Usually 1 for constant BATT and 1 for ACC are tapped into same fusebox. But in the kit, it only has 1 size of each type.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6546 posts
4078 upvotes
Toronto
wszeto wrote: I bought this and hardwired it to my new car. It does have problems with the current summer heat and parking mode. It just overheats and stops recording after maybe 5-10 minutes after leaving my car. But I'm not sure if a more expensive Thinkware U1000 would also react the same in this heat too so I don't even know if it's worth it to buy the more expensive one as I do really want the parking mode feature.

Recording while driving still works find though, but I only record in 2K mode as I'm worried recording in 4K will cause it to overheat (plus I only have a 64GB card and it'll require more re-writes over time with 4K). Ultimately, I'm too lazy to remove the wiring and I'll just take it for what it is since I don't think any other dashcam would fare any better with this heat right now...
I had the rear cam malfunctioned and had similar experience in last year summer heat. Remove the rear cam plug and see if it stop doing that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)