Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] [EXPIRED] WD 14TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive $319.99

Mar 14, 2006
434 posts
56 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaitlyn wrote: Been out of the loop on these for a while. I know smr(?) Is bad, but is the drive inside this good? Would want to open it and put it as internal drive for my computer, for photo+video files
I believe only WD made the move to use SMR on a few NAS labeled drives but after being outed, I believe all drives now at 8TB+ are CMR drives from all manufacturers
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4596 posts
6255 upvotes
Vancouver
calling all humans wrote: Imagine all the files you lose when this stops working.
That's why you need a few of these.

Key word: b-a-c-k-u-p! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Feb 8, 2006
411 posts
93 upvotes
Do you guys expect cheaper per TB pricing on Black Friday? I have heard Black Friday might be a little different this year so was worried that meant deals that aren’t as good
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1508 upvotes
Tee . Oh
Gellar wrote: Do you guys expect cheaper per TB pricing on Black Friday? I have heard Black Friday might be a little different this year so was worried that meant deals that aren’t as good
No one knows, we can't predict the future.
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Feb 8, 2006
411 posts
93 upvotes
Zero wrote: No one knows, we can't predict the future.
No but sometimes folks have inside knowledge or other insights to share. Sometimes folks don’t.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9360 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal
calling all humans wrote: Imagine all the files you lose when this stops working.
That's why you buy TWO of these drives and duplicate it using....FreeNAS :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)