Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Eyez-On Envisalink 4, makes your old alarm panel into a smart panel, $109.95 Deal is back on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 3:43 pm
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
372 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver
ffonly wrote: Did u disconnect the HUB6 or just leave all that still installed? My enviasink will be here this week and just not sure if I need to disconnect my HUB6 first
you can have them both connected at the same time.
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
I've got an older DSC panel and sensors and have always felt held hostage to the security companies for any changes or upgrades. My goal is to wrestle back control of my home alarm, ditch the $40/month security company monitoring (May sign up with Envisalert, we'll see) and be able to upgrade/replace sensors at my own discretion when we do renos, etc. Feels like a cheap price to purchase back some freedom from the security companies!

Good thread, RFD'ers, thanks for all the helpful info. I'll be doing more reading on this, as I need to allay my concerns about opening up remote access from the web to my home alarm panel.

I see it uses 128-bit encryption for remote access from the web, which is good.

So, keep your PIN safe and, other than a sim-swapping situation, using Envisalink to connect my alarm panel to the internet appears to be fairly low risk. I imagine the EVL-4 will notify if it detects an invalid PIN/access attempt, can anyone confirm?

Would welcome input as to how secure Envisalink's solution is. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35123 posts
8544 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
RockyMtns27 wrote: Would welcome input as to how secure Envisalink's solution is. Thanks!
How old is your control board? Make sure it is compatible with the Envisalink before you jump on this

You do not need to use the Envisalink app. You can easily set up Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi and VPN back to your house to arm or disarm the panel. You can setup push notifications to your cell phone too. As long as your internet is up, you will be self monitoring. No cloud, no third party
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Gee wrote: How old is your control board? Make sure it is compatible with the Envisalink before you jump on this

You do not need to use the Envisalink app. You can easily set up Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi and VPN back to your house to arm or disarm the panel. You can setup push notifications to your cell phone too. As long as your internet is up, you will be self monitoring. No cloud, no third party
Already done, thanks, it's compatible.

Intriguing solution for remote access, thanks. Will need to brush up on this, but that is part of the fun, afterall!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1435 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
any local store to purchase sensors in North York / Markham / Richmond Hill area?

The magnet of one of my door sensor is missing, so I just need to replace it. aartech.ca has it for $3.88 but minimum order is $9.99 + Plus $9 shipping :(

https://www.aartech.ca/vip100/flair-sur ... white.html

any idea where I can find these for local pickup? any stores?
Jul 24, 2011
12 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
greeced wrote: Yeah, I just got mine... looks like a subscription to Envisalerts+ and LTE is required for a total of $9.00 a month, which is still cheaper than any monitoring out there I believe.

Regardless, if you bought the sidekick separately, you'd still have to pay the $9.00 even if you attach it to a ev4.

I'm happy with the LTE backup whenever Rogers goes down.
Too bad you can't use the envisalink portion on its own. I just ordered the DUO on Friday (in case I wanted to subscribe to their monitoring in the future), but will cancel my order if I can't use this without a sub.

I guess the dual path bundle is a better option if you want the flexibility, or add on the sidekick device when needed.
Nov 6, 2014
167 posts
137 upvotes
North York, ON
RockyMtns27 wrote: I imagine the EVL-4 will notify if it detects an invalid PIN/access attempt, can anyone confirm?
An invalid PIN or failed access attempt should trigger the alarm, with that the EVL-4 will send out an alert if that's so configured. See the screen shot for a list of items that will trigger an alert from EVL-4.
Images
  • Alert list.jpg
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
fun4life2 wrote: An invalid PIN or failed access attempt should trigger the alarm, with that the EVL-4 will send out an alert if that's so configured. See the screen shot for a list of items that will trigger an alert from EVL-4.
Nice, thanks. Looking forward to the arrival of mine so I can poke around myself!
Dec 3, 2006
491 posts
286 upvotes
Craven
I have a Honeywell 20p system with a screen near the front door. Do I need to get some sort of keyboard as well?
Dec 14, 2001
612 posts
338 upvotes
Been watching this thread and maybe this has been answered already but can you install and use this if you don't have the installer code? Can you simply unplug from a pots line and use Internet to control you panel and send you alarm notifications?

Thanks in advance
BBucKK
Jul 11, 2004
289 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
You can install this without the installer code, yes. I’ve had mine for many years and only brute forced my installer code this week. As for disconnecting the POTS, it’s probably going to set a warning light on your keypad. Mine does when my phone line is down (voip).
BBucKK wrote: Been watching this thread and maybe this has been answered already but can you install and use this if you don't have the installer code? Can you simply unplug from a pots line and use Internet to control you panel and send you alarm notifications?

Thanks in advance
BBucKK
Mar 23, 2008
142 posts
74 upvotes
No programing needed. It's just like adding a second or third keypad. You just connect the BRYG wires. You will need a network cable there, or a wifi repeater.

If you unplug from the phone line, Your panel may give you a trouble code if TLM is enabled.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35123 posts
8544 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
RockyMtns27 wrote: Intriguing solution for remote access, thanks. Will need to brush up on this, but that is part of the fun, afterall!
The VPN is optional too. You could accomplish this with a simple port forward and SSL and just use the browser on your phone

I actually have it set up, check out the Home Automation thread in my signature

My setup has since been updated and looks different than the pics in that thread
Dec 22, 2007
906 posts
624 upvotes
inmate11 wrote: Too bad you can't use the envisalink portion on its own. I just ordered the DUO on Friday (in case I wanted to subscribe to their monitoring in the future), but will cancel my order if I can't use this without a sub.

I guess the dual path bundle is a better option if you want the flexibility, or add on the sidekick device when needed.
I agree the envisalink4 + Sidekic LTE separatly is a better option and provides you with flexibiity. With the DUO you are forced to pay monthly fee's no matter what.
Oct 1, 2006
81 posts
56 upvotes
@ffonly
Did u disconnect the HUB6 or just leave all that still installed? My enviasink will be here this week and just not sure if I need to disconnect my HUB6 first
I disconnected hub6, because I reused the hub 6 wiring to the Envisalink.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5292 posts
29981 upvotes
Montreal
Imago wrote: I have a Honeywell 20p system with a screen near the front door. Do I need to get some sort of keyboard as well?
You will be perfectly fine with your current setup. The EVL-4 will act as an additional keypad in your alarm system, so there is no need to change any existing hardware. I have a Honeywell 15P and the hardest thing in the end was to feed a network cable into my attic to the EVL-4.
I've had mine for 4 years now and there has been no problems at all. Quick notifications from the system via text.
After reading this thread I decided to purchase the Sidekick LTE with the promotion price. It will enable me to ensure a backup incase my network goes down while we are away (in fact - the Envisalink is a great added tool to let me know when the home network is down as I receive text messages).

Finally, folks are complaining about the interface being bland and boring. I use the iOS app AllSecure to control my EVL-4. It has a been a huge upgrade to what normally is provided from Envisalink.
Dec 24, 2011
305 posts
58 upvotes
Pickering
Would this help to program if had to factory default settings and pair with all door motion sensors?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2324 posts
1503 upvotes
Markham
The panel on mine says DSS PC5010 REV 06MA. It does not say exactly 5010(832) per the compatibility list. Is it still compatible ?
Its currently with the Monitoring Center. One of my keypad is VOXCOM (from builder rough in) and the other one is DSC.
Mar 30, 2011
12 posts
4 upvotes
Hi Guys, I'm the alarm system expert more than 10 years, DSC and Honeywell, Hub6 and Envisalink 4 with LTE sidekick all covered fine, PM me if any complex question instead of some simple ones which you could find answer here or online, thanks
Mar 2, 2009
570 posts
309 upvotes
I have the older PC1550 board, which is not compatible.

I read it is recommended to upgrade to a PC1832 board.

Is it as easy as moving the wires to same terminal on new board?

Can/Should I buy news sensors (and keep old wires)?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)