Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Eyez-On Envisalink 4, makes your old alarm panel into a smart panel, $109.95 Deal is back on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 3:43 pm
Jul 11, 2004
987 posts
370 upvotes
Gee wrote: It is just another monitoring centre. You don’t need it. I would spend some extra money for security cameras around the perimeter of your house, If the alarm goes off on your phone, you access the cameras to see what’s the problem and call the appropriate authorities.

I have had the Envisalink installed for 6 years and integrated into my home automation. When I had the alarm installed, I signed a 10 year contract for monitoring and I am still paying to this day.

When the alarm goes off, I get notified on my cell phone and home automation before the monitoring centre does.
My house insurance policy has an alarm discount because it's a professionally (ULC?) monitored. Monitoring it myself using an app would deny insurance coverage if something like a break-in/theft of property would happen. I'm paying $20/month for 24/7 monitoring today, so, for continuity, I would need to pay a one time $49 account setup fee and $8.50/month on a 3 year term according to https://www.eyezon.com/envisalarms_ip_monitoring.php. In addition, I would need to purchase this Envisalink 4, so, my break even point is 1.5 years out.

I do like this aspect of being alerted on an app and disarm/arm the alarm system. I'll need to do some more reading as I would like to be able to see which sensors are being tripped whether the system is armed/disarmed and being able to bypass sensors (such as an open window for ventilation) directly from the app. A RING alarm system does have that logging and functionality.
Jan 12, 2007
515 posts
310 upvotes
I agree, it doesn't make any sense to have a discount for professional monitoring. The discount should be for theft deterrent system... alarm, cameras etc.
The envisalink monitoring company will just give you a call, they don't dispatch anyone.
I wonder if they are even able to call the local police when an alarm goes off?

growler wrote: My house insurance policy has an alarm discount because it's a professionally (ULC?) monitored. Monitoring it myself using an app would deny insurance coverage if something like a break-in/theft of property would happen. I'm paying $20/month for 24/7 monitoring today, so, for continuity, I would need to pay a one time $49 account setup fee and $8.50/month on a 3 year term according to https://www.eyezon.com/envisalarms_ip_monitoring.php. In addition, I would need to purchase this Envisalink 4, so, my break even point is 1.5 years out.

I do like this aspect of being alerted on an app and disarm/arm the alarm system. I'll need to do some more reading as I would like to be able to see which sensors are being tripped whether the system is armed/disarmed and being able to bypass sensors (such as an open window for ventilation) directly from the app. A RING alarm system does have that logging and functionality.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3026 posts
2907 upvotes
Prince George
growler wrote: My house insurance policy has an alarm discount because it's a professionally (ULC?) monitored. Monitoring it myself using an app would deny insurance coverage if something like a break-in/theft of property would happen.
Not a lawyer but I don't think you'd lose coverage, as long as you informed them your alarm was no longer monitored and paid the prorated difference in premium. You'd just lose the discount on the insurance.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3636 posts
4922 upvotes
growler wrote: My house insurance policy has an alarm discount because it's a professionally (ULC?) monitored. Monitoring it myself using an app would deny insurance coverage if something like a break-in/theft of property would happen. I'm paying $20/month for 24/7 monitoring today, so, for continuity, I would need to pay a one time $49 account setup fee and $8.50/month on a 3 year term according to https://www.eyezon.com/envisalarms_ip_monitoring.php. In addition, I would need to purchase this Envisalink 4, so, my break even point is 1.5 years out.

Insurance is one of those grey areas. I removed my discount few years back when switching to hub6. You should inquire what the cost difference is. In my case it was just 50 bucks a year so I took it off.

You know... We spend hundreds and thousands on insurance, but when you try to make a claim, they find any excuse to deny you coverage. If the annual difference isn't much, just remove it.. Gives them one less excuse to try to deny you for a claim.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1773 upvotes
Surrey
jpacker wrote: @ffonly

I disconnected hub6, because I reused the hub 6 wiring to the Envisalink.
How did u reuse the wiring? Did u cut off the phone jack and splice that end into the envisalink? Not completely sure where to start here and what I can remove. It’s a lot of wires…
Images
  • 170339E0-9790-42C9-BB5E-A6AF94A7980F.jpeg
Dec 10, 2013
48 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
derdev wrote: I have the older PC1550 board, which is not compatible.

I read it is recommended to upgrade to a PC1832 board.

Is it as easy as moving the wires to same terminal on new board?

Can/Should I buy news sensors (and keep old wires)?
That's what I did many years back...Took a picture of the wire's connected to the board and just in case labeled them. Powered off the panel removed the wires, removed old board and installed the new board and re-wired it. I have the DCS programming software so I dumped the settings from the old board and applied the settings to the new board (used a USB to serial adapter) using a laptop, otherwise you will have to write down the zone settings and apply them using the keypad (which takes a lot of time). You can download the DCS software from the net.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35194 posts
8653 upvotes
East Gwillimbury

I get a discount for using a monitoring centre. I pay 15$ a month but the discount is only 100$ off my premium annually

If you are inclined, you can set up the Home Automation I mentioned earlier and it tracks all sensors with time and date of when it was tripped. Down to the second. You can set the length of the log. I have mine set for 90 days. I think that’s a little over kill, you don’t really need more than 10 days and 30 is probably the ideal amount.

The EyezOn app will only tell you if the sensors are tripped in real time, there are no logs for the sensors.
Nov 18, 2003
182 posts
229 upvotes
sohrab wrote: I bought this board thanks to OPs post and all of the positive comments. My plan was to confirm that I had something compatible to hook the Envisalink 4 up to once it arrived. On opening up my security system's box today, I "learned" (knew?) that it is a Chubb (looks like the board is model 661-6800). Am I SOL? I did a bunch of googling today, searched for Chubb on forum.eyez-on.com but found nothing. Does anyone know if I can hook this thing up to my system, or if I can find something that does the same for a Chubb board? If not, is my other option to replace the board with a DSC board, program all of that, and THEN hook up to the Envisalink 4? I feel like if the Chubb has to go, and that hopefully I can keep all of the sensors (there are lots in the house) I should do it right once, vs. duct tape and chicken wire.
I emailed their support, and it turns out that Chubb won't work: "Sorry no, the Chubb panels are proprietary panels will not work with the Envisalink Modules" - ugh, whole new system now? Feels like the hard work will be tracing what each sensor in the house terminates at what cable on the board. I feel like just getting an expert to come and do all of that for me. Any suggestions / past experiences in here for installers in the GTA?
Dec 3, 2006
492 posts
289 upvotes
Craven
Does anyone know where to put the "holiday10" code on their site to get the discount? Or are people just buying from Amazon?
Mar 30, 2011
12 posts
4 upvotes
sohrab wrote: I emailed their support, and it turns out that Chubb won't work: "Sorry no, the Chubb panels are proprietary panels will not work with the Envisalink Modules" - ugh, whole new system now? Feels like the hard work will be tracing what each sensor in the house terminates at what cable on the board. I feel like just getting an expert to come and do all of that for me. Any suggestions / past experiences in here for installers in the GTA?
Yes, replace the board with a DSC 1832 board & all the old keypad! program all of that, and THEN hook up to the Envisalink 4 with wired internet. You could keep all of the sensors (there are lots in the house), confirm all the sensor in the house working fine again.....
Mar 30, 2011
12 posts
4 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: any local store to purchase sensors in North York / Markham / Richmond Hill area?

The magnet of one of my door sensor is missing, so I just need to replace it. aartech.ca has it for $3.88 but minimum order is $9.99 + Plus $9 shipping :(

https://www.aartech.ca/vip100/flair-sur ... white.html

any idea where I can find these for local pickup? any stores?
One magnet only? You could bring me one cup of coffee for it, fair enough? Nearby Finch/Hwy404
Feb 11, 2019
8 posts
Is it possible to backup the security system configuration using this board?
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
372 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver
ffonly wrote: How did u reuse the wiring? Did u cut off the phone jack and splice that end into the envisalink? Not completely sure where to start here and what I can remove. It’s a lot of wires…
my hub6 is connected to the control pad, i used that existing hub6 wire, plugged it into an old telephone extension cord, cut off the other end and wired it directly to the evl-4.
colour coding dont match, but its easy enought to figure it out.
Mar 2, 2009
570 posts
309 upvotes
digitalnut wrote: That's what I did many years back...Took a picture of the wire's connected to the board and just in case labeled them. Powered off the panel removed the wires, removed old board and installed the new board and re-wired it. I have the DCS programming software so I dumped the settings from the old board and applied the settings to the new board (used a USB to serial adapter) using a laptop, otherwise you will have to write down the zone settings and apply them using the keypad (which takes a lot of time). You can download the DCS software from the net.
Do you need to know the installer password/pin for the old board to dump the settings?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16731 posts
2409 upvotes
I've had one of these for about 5 years, very reliable. App sucks, but it's functional. The board is also very flexible and integrates well with third party software like Home Assistant.
Apr 10, 2015
116 posts
142 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
SpykeYs wrote:
I agree the envisalink4 + Sidekic LTE separatly is a better option and provides you with flexibiity. With the DUO you are forced to pay monthly fee's no matter what.
I reread the description on the website and it looks like the device WILL operate without a subscription.. only needs one of LTE is used. I separated the portion that states it.

I'll be hooking mine up this weekend and will test

"EyezOn LTE Service

A subscription to the EyezOn LTE service as well as a qualifying base service is required for the DUO to operate in LTE mode,

>>it will operate like an EnvisaLink without the subcription.<<

You can pick from either the EnvisAlarm Monitoring Service or Envisalerts Plus Service and add the EyezOn LTE service for only $4 per month on top of the base service cost. SIM is included.*x
Sep 13, 2006
89 posts
47 upvotes
Aurora
greeced wrote: I reread the description on the website and it looks like the device WILL operate without a subscription.. only needs one of LTE is used. I separated the portion that states it.

I'll be hooking mine up this weekend and will test

"EyezOn LTE Service

A subscription to the EyezOn LTE service as well as a qualifying base service is required for the DUO to operate in LTE mode,

>>it will operate like an EnvisaLink without the subcription.<<

You can pick from either the EnvisAlarm Monitoring Service or Envisalerts Plus Service and add the EyezOn LTE service for only $4 per month on top of the base service cost. SIM is included.*x
Be mindful that if you get the Duo, this note - "Note: Included SIM will expire after one year if not activated.*" might mean that you have a year to subscribe to the service, otherwise, you'll need a new SIM (and consequently a new LTE module?) if it expires.
Apr 10, 2015
116 posts
142 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
k22chan wrote: Be mindful that if you get the Duo, this note - "Note: Included SIM will expire after one year if not activated.*" might mean that you have a year to subscribe to the service, otherwise, you'll need a new SIM (and consequently a new LTE module?) if it expires.
True, but the fact that it's not an eSim could mean there is just a sim slot inside the housing.

Either way. Cheaper than buying both separately if you are planning on doing so
Dec 22, 2007
906 posts
624 upvotes
Hi !

Just had a call with a very nice lady at Eyez on and she confirmed there was initially a mistake on their website.

I am being told you can use the DUO without a subscription and the DUO will perform as an envisalink without the LTE connectivity.
Sep 13, 2006
89 posts
47 upvotes
Aurora
greeced wrote: True, but the fact that it's not an eSim could mean there is just a sim slot inside the housing.

Either way. Cheaper than buying both separately if you are planning on doing so
How would you go about replacing the expired SIM that comes with the Duo?