Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Eyez-On Envisalink 4, makes your old alarm panel into a smart panel, $109.95 Deal is back on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 3:43 pm
Aug 19, 2012
963 posts
151 upvotes
I currently have ADT monitoring with cellular and home phone service can I still use this for home automation or should I wait until my contract expires?
Aug 19, 2012
963 posts
151 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: I have a DSC1832 panel with ADT monitoring with cellular and home phone service can I still use this for home automation or should I wait until my contract expires?
Jan 18, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: newbie question:

My alarm panel is connected to the transformer on the side of my fuse box to get power. Its unclear which fuse in the fuse box is for the transformer, and with WFH, I dont want to turn off main power to the entire house.
Is it ok if I just detach the red//yellow twisted wire from the panel to power off the panel before adding the envisalink4 (without touching anything in the fuse box at all ?) Since its AC, there are red/yellow twisted pair and black/grey twisted pair into the panel right now. By just removing one of the pair, I am basically shutting the power down to the panel, am I thinking right ?
Yes you can just remove one of the low-voltage AC wires but remember to disconnect your battery first. When powering back up follow the same sequence in reverse.
Jan 18, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes
greeced wrote:
The app leaves a lot to be desired, the website is functional but could be better.
If you go onto their Forum they have a new app for beta testers. I had mine switched over and its a huge improvement aesthetically, although I was pretty used to the flow on the old one.
Jan 18, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: I currently have ADT monitoring with cellular and home phone service can I still use this for home automation or should I wait until my contract expires?
Yes, my neighbour is still under contract with ADT (Telus) and has been using his envisalink with his honeywell panel for years.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2330 posts
1505 upvotes
Markham
Kracker84 wrote: Yes you can just remove one of the low-voltage AC wires but remember to disconnect your battery first. When powering back up follow the same sequence in reverse.
ok.
So powering back up, I will reconnect the AC first, and then reconnect the backup battery ?
Also when powering off the whole system, all zone settings, codes etc are stored in a ROM I suppose ? Sorry I am green
Jan 18, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes
No, when powering back up, connect the battery first (the panel will not turn on). Then connect your AC.

You won't lose any settings.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2330 posts
1505 upvotes
Markham
Ordered direct from Eyezon on Friday and they ship it out this morning, thats pretty fast. $105 all-in after the 15% off code. Thanks OP and the poster than mentioned the promo code holiday15 !
Jan 23, 2009
473 posts
403 upvotes
VI
So I am guessing if my DSC panel isn't listed (even in the "doesn't work with" list) that its not compatible? Its a PC2550.
Nov 22, 2017
31 posts
15 upvotes
Didn't buy the deal but have had one integrated for 2+ years. Bullet proof for my uses!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2330 posts
1505 upvotes
Markham
digidon wrote: So I am guessing if my DSC panel isn't listed (even in the "doesn't work with" list) that its not compatible? Its a PC2550.
just email them and they can confirm or if there is a workaround
Feb 11, 2019
8 posts
If I am not using Eyez-on for monitoring, do I still have to activate the card before using it? Does activating mean Eyez-on can remotely control my alarm via the EVL4 card?
Jul 20, 2008
177 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Installed and essentially crashed the system.

Followed the instructions exactly and when the whole thing rebooted all my existing key pads all stopped working. ADT unable to bring back online.

Is there a professional installers that anyone recommends in GTA?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2330 posts
1505 upvotes
Markham
kav1 wrote: Installed and essentially crashed the system.

Followed the instructions exactly and when the whole thing rebooted all my existing key pads all stopped working. ADT unable to bring back online.

Which control panel u hook it up to ?
Aug 30, 2007
773 posts
1460 upvotes
Calgary
kav1 wrote: Installed and essentially crashed the system.

lifear wrote: Hi Guys, I'm the alarm system expert more than 10 years, DSC and Honeywell, Hub6 and Envisalink 4 with LTE sidekick all covered fine, PM me if any complex question instead of some simple ones which you could find answer here or online, thanks
^
Potentially a candidate right here on RFD. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 18, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes
Did you contact their tech support? It sounds like you disconnected your keypads when you installed the envisalink.
Dec 27, 2009
520 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks all for the great info here and OP for making the post. I have a DSC PC1832 with PC5108 expansion board and RFK5500 keypad. We moved in two years ago and it's never been used. My insurance broker told us that Intact is requiring all homes valued at over $1 million to have a monitored smoke and burglar alarm. We investigated further and the cost was not inconsequential. Broker confirmed a few days before renewal that they had dropped that requirement. However, I'm interested in what can be achieved with the Envisalink.

I've purchased the DUO. That should be fairly easy to set up and sign up for the reasonably priced monitoring.

- I see someone asked about how to ensure the expansion module zones are piggyback wired but no reply. Any help?

- My smoke and C02 detectors are not wired to the alarm but are wired to one another. Am I correct in thinking that the most cost efficient method of tying them in together is to add a DCS RF5132 to add wireless zones and then a WST-600 Ecolink Firefighter detector that "listens" for audible alarms and reports back to the panel?
Aug 30, 2007
773 posts
1460 upvotes
Calgary
The English Hacker wrote: ...

- My smoke and C02 detectors are not wired to the alarm but are wired to one another. Am I correct in thinking that the most cost efficient method of tying them in together is to add a DCS RF5132 to add wireless zones and then a WST-600 Ecolink Firefighter detector that "listens" for audible alarms and reports back to the panel?
This intrigues me...
Jan 18, 2022
13 posts
10 upvotes
The English Hacker wrote:
- I see someone asked about how to ensure the expansion module zones are piggyback wired but no reply. Any help?
All expansion module wiring, at least for DSC, GE, and Honeywell panels, are bus connected in parallel, not daisy-chained. You connect the new device to the same terminals as the existing keypads and other expansion modules. You can make this connection anywhere in the house where the bus wiring connects. I think eyezon has youtube videos on this and if not, it would the same as adding another keypad.
The English Hacker wrote: - My smoke and C02 detectors are not wired to the alarm but are wired to one another. Am I correct in thinking that the most cost efficient method of tying them in together is to add a DCS RF5132 to add wireless zones and then a WST-600 Ecolink Firefighter detector that "listens" for audible alarms and reports back to the panel?
No, the most cost efficient and pro-preferred method is to use a relay to connect your interconnected smokes and COs to your panel. I have Kidde smokes and COs at both of my properties so I use Kidde's SM120X relay to connect them to a zone on my DSC panels. You just connect the relay to the special interconnect wire (RED) from the smoke detector and use the normally-open contact on the other end to connect to a spare zone on your panel. You can find these relays for all interconnected smoke detectors and they cost about C$20, easily found online.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)