Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Eyez-On Envisalink 4, makes your old alarm panel into a smart panel, $109.95 Deal is back on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 3:43 pm
Jan 30, 2007
337 posts
431 upvotes
If you have a dsc alarm that was installed in new build in the past 15-20 years in the GTA this might work for you. A lot of these alarms was installed by the same company. I was able to find the installer code.

found-installer-code-dsc-alarm-2359969/

I now have the alarm call me on my cell if it is tripped and added a keypad with wireless receiver. I can now add wireless sensors (also wired ones).
Jul 27, 2016
238 posts
154 upvotes
victoria
Has anyone set this up with SmartThings ? Which custom handler did you use? Once set up can current sensors (motion,) trigger actions ie lights?
Mar 23, 2013
92 posts
374 upvotes
I now have the alarm call me on my cell if it is tripped and added a keypad with wireless receiver. I can now add wireless sensors (also wired ones).[/quote]
Could you tell me what kind of wireless keypad you have and how to connect to your cell?
Nov 7, 2005
692 posts
443 upvotes
Winnipeg
interesting. I actually replaced my whole panel with a Konnected board that integrates into smarthings.
Jan 30, 2007
337 posts
431 upvotes
Boreazz wrote: I now have the alarm call me on my cell if it is tripped and added a keypad with wireless receiver. I can now add wireless sensors (also wired ones).
Could you tell me what kind of wireless keypad you have and how to connect to your cell?
[/quote]

You need the installer code for your alarm to do this. You have to program the alarm to use your landlines to call your cell number (instructions are in the manual for your alarm panel). I installed the rfk5500 keypad (simple swap with old keypad) and then bought the compatible wireless sensors. Wireless sensors were easy to install (follow manual).
Dec 22, 2007
906 posts
624 upvotes
With envisalink, can I arm my system automatically at 9 PM every night and unarm automatically at 7:00 am ?

What about with homebridge ?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4965 posts
4545 upvotes
GTA
Does it really make sense to retrofit old ugly keypad for over hundred bucks? I got the Ring bundle with nice panel for not much more.
Nov 25, 2017
824 posts
602 upvotes
SpykeYs wrote: With envisalink, can I arm my system automatically at 9 PM every night and unarm automatically at 7:00 am ?

What about with homebridge ?

Thanks
Yes but only with homebridge, since other services will require code to disarm.
Dec 22, 2007
906 posts
624 upvotes
Shawnies wrote: Yes but only with homebridge, since other services will require code to disarm.
I have a Windows 10 server running 24/7 for Plex. I can install homebridge on it, add the envisalink plugin and schedule auto arm auto disarm ?
Nov 25, 2017
824 posts
602 upvotes
Ya, but note homebridge isn’t perfect, so if the connection somehow is lost those things wont happen. I suggest arming it with amazon echo using a rule and then disarming it with homebridge HomeKit automation.
Feb 17, 2009
519 posts
782 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: Thanks OP... unfortunately it doesn't appear to support DSC PC1500/PC1550 panels with LED615 keypads. My house came with this old system and the previous owner did not provide me the master code. The alarm company they used was willing to remove the installer lock-out code for $50-$100 so instead of handing over the ransom to release the alarm panel, I found out how to short the EEPROM and restore the panel back to factory defaults. I don't know why the EnvisaLink 4 is not compatible with these older panels.
Looks like I have this exact same system in my home. Is there anything similar to Eyez-On Envisalink 4 that is compatible with the DSC PC1500 panel with LED615 keypad to make it smart?
Aug 13, 2006
971 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the Envisalink 3, is there any advantage in upgrading to the 4?
Don't worry about how much you SPEND , it's how much you SAVE that matters.
Dec 3, 2006
492 posts
289 upvotes
Craven
I was lucky. I managed to return my Hub6 to Home Depot this morning after sitting unopened for just over a year. Got it when they had the free Google Nest Hub promotion. Never installed it due to house moving delays. Will the Envisalink 4 end up the same way?
Jul 3, 2002
293 posts
93 upvotes
I love my Envisalink. Been using it for many years. Is handy especially i can remotely disable my alarm as sometimes it gets tripped for various reasons and I can disable it remotely. I still uses a traditional alarm monitoring company that my alarm panel dials out via 3G connection. My alarm has duo redundancy, wireless and the internet connection.
Jul 13, 2010
479 posts
151 upvotes
So I already had the connect2go version of the module and just ended my central monitoring contract and was able to register the same module with EyezON for free (and I set up the zones and contacts) and I have the iOS app. I read a lot of posts here on people having this work with HomeKit for notifications and arming/disarming. I don’t have Homebridge (nor know what it is *insert Andy too afraid to ask meme*). Would someone mind PMing me to let me know how to get this to work.
Jul 13, 2016
294 posts
658 upvotes
MobilityMan wrote: what does removing the EVL-4 do to my DSC panel?
Nothing except you need to go into the panel configuration and remove the "keypad" object that the Envisalink module shows up as.
Dec 15, 2017
969 posts
1401 upvotes
Vancouver
snootchiebootchies wrote: Looks like I have this exact same system in my home. Is there anything similar to Eyez-On Envisalink 4 that is compatible with the DSC PC1500 panel with LED615 keypad to make it smart?
I am not sure myself and my panel is still wired with a POTS (plain old telephone service) line. I tried to reprogram my panel to dial my cell phone number instead of communicating to a monitoring station but it didn't work because PC1550 boards was not designed to dial a cell phone number. I would have to replace the PC1550 board with a PC1565 board to get the "residential dial" cell phone feature.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
372 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver
soupmaster666 wrote: Nothing except you need to go into the panel configuration and remove the "keypad" object that the Envisalink module shows up as.
that's good, cuz i dont have the 'installer code'.
Jan 3, 2013
635 posts
252 upvotes
Winnipeg
Fx45 wrote: I have the Envisalink 3, is there any advantage in upgrading to the 4?
There is basically no difference. No need to update.