Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Eyez-On Envisalink 4, makes your old alarm panel into a smart panel, $109.95 Deal is back on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 3:43 pm
Mar 17, 2002
435 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
QuickFingers wrote: I am not sure myself and my panel is still wired with a POTS (plain old telephone service) line. I tried to reprogram my panel to dial my cell phone number instead of communicating to a monitoring station but it didn't work because PC1550 boards was not designed to dial a cell phone number. I would have to replace the PC1550 board with a PC1565 board to get the "residential dial" cell phone feature.
I used a VoIP ata in the past to do this.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5160 posts
1928 upvotes
I have a system from ADT. If I have the installer code I can install this? Is it just a matter of letting this device know what the code is and it will set everything up, or do I need to actually know how to use the code myself and reprogram it? I know nothing about what zone is what or anything like that.

Also, this only works with the wired sensors? My house has quite a few wireless sensors from ADT.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5160 posts
1928 upvotes
Btw, if you had the alarm set up and don't know what the master alarm code is. 9/10 it's your account number.

Obviously if you moved in and the alarm was already there that won't work for you but if not it might be worth trying before you pay ADT for the code or spend time trying to hack it.

Account number worked for me.
Jan 1, 2008
327 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal
Got the EVL-4 a week ago for that price as welll when I saw that Hub6 was giving up.

It works fine but still feel like a downgrade: ugly app UI, need to be wired with network cable, no 3g backup built-in like the Hub6...

I have a DSC and installation was as easy as with the Hub6. However I had a supervisor trouble after removing the Hub6 and this cleared it: https://www.alarmsystemstore.com/pages/ ... -condition
Dec 2, 2013
21 posts
26 upvotes
Montr
Why don’t people consider the board from konnected instead? Seems an easier diy solution to me.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1373 posts
505 upvotes
I installed an older version of this many years ago. If you already have a board and/or keypad that isn't compatible, just look on craiglist/kijiji for someone selling used ones that will play nice. Probably the same thing with sensors but my ancient one were still compatible.
Feb 20, 2011
618 posts
201 upvotes
downtown TO
Can u use it with the control panel..I’m not sure
Jul 27, 2016
237 posts
154 upvotes
victoria
diamondtoy wrote: Why don’t people consider the board from konnected instead? Seems an easier diy solution to me.
Iirc connected does not integrate with the physical keypads nor any wireless sensors that are connected to the alarm system
Jan 1, 2008
327 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal
diamondtoy wrote: Why don’t people consider the board from konnected instead? Seems an easier diy solution to me.
doesn't look easier your replacing the panel internals completely so I believe you need to reprogram instead of just piggyback on existing panel Also if you have more than 6 zone it's twice the price as the EVL-4 at which point I would consider a whole new Smart system like ring
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1435 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
I have a DSC 1832 system with 3 PK5500 keypads and quite a number of sensors (motions, doors, windows).
unfortunately I do NOT have any codes for the system (installer code, master code, or not even a user code), the previous owner of the house didn't provide any code :(

anyway, I would like to get your insights and recommendations for the best and least expensive solution to get the system up and running for self monitoring using EVL-4.

I saw the installation video and it's super easy, but, is there anyway to use the system without the DSC codes?
I saw a post about PHP script to crack the installer code using this board? is that possible? do I need any other device / tools to do this, or I just run the PHP code on a PC connected to my LAN?

since there are so many zones / sensors, etc. in the house, I don't want to factory rest the DSC or replace it and have to re-program the whole system if there is an easier way to get the system working / cracking its code.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks OP, I placed an order but the shipping is for mid Feb :(
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2216 posts
1772 upvotes
Surrey
bingo_jake wrote: I have a DSC 1832 system with 3 PK5500 keypads and quite a number of sensors (motions, doors, windows).
unfortunately I do NOT have any codes for the system (installer code, master code, or not even a user code), the previous owner of the house didn't provide any code :(

anyway, I would like to get your insights and recommendations for the best and least expensive solution to get the system up and running for self monitoring using EVL-4.

I saw the installation video and it's super easy, but, is there anyway to use the system without the DSC codes?
I saw a post about PHP script to crack the installer code using this board? is that possible? do I need any other device / tools to do this, or I just run the PHP code on a PC connected to my LAN?

since there are so many zones / sensors, etc. in the house, I don't want to factory rest the DSC or replace it and have to re-program the whole system if there is an easier way to get the system working / cracking its code.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks OP, I placed an order but the shipping is for mid Feb :(
U can order from here for the same price if u want it earlier
https://www.aartech.ca/evl-4/eyezon-env ... _GEALw_wcB
Aug 3, 2012
432 posts
266 upvotes
AURORA
bingo_jake wrote: I have a DSC 1832 system with 3 PK5500 keypads and quite a number of sensors (motions, doors, windows).
You don't really need to know the code if all you are doing is connecting the Envisalink. If you want to switch off phone monitoring and disconnect the phone line without generating errors (beeps) from the panel, then you will need the codes. We have the 1832 as well and within one hour, the script was able to find the installer code. All you need is the Envisalink connected and a PC. After that, you change the user code(s) and switch off the phone monitoring (https://help.aartech.ca/portal/en/kb/ar ... connection).
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1543 posts
145 upvotes
How to you install it for ADT panel. It was left over from privies inert but we do not have service but has the setup when door opens erc
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3086 posts
2102 upvotes
Maybe stupid Question: if I have 3 DSC keypads (approx 12 years old) in my house do I need 1 or 3 of these?

Thanks in advance. Seriously considering this.
Jan 12, 2007
514 posts
308 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Maybe stupid Question: if I have 3 DSC keypads (approx 12 years old) in my house do I need 1 or 3 of these?

Thanks in advance. Seriously considering this.
Just 1
This hooks up to the control panel
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3086 posts
2102 upvotes
TAZ99 wrote: Just 1
This hooks up to the control panel
Thanks and thank you, OP. I wouldn't have known this even existed. Ordered.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2876 posts
1568 upvotes
Surrey
I wish they have real app. Current webgui not great
May 3, 2020
19 posts
46 upvotes
This module is amazing I have it running on my DSC alarm panel via Homebridge. Dev is also amazing constantly updating and adding feature per request.
May 3, 2020
19 posts
46 upvotes
paaji wrote: I wish they have real app. Current webgui not great
They do for IOS it’s called “EyezON”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)