Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] EZVIZ DB1 doorbell $129

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 6:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] EZVIZ DB1 doorbell $129

This deal isn't for people that want a cheap Ring or Nest Doorbell, this is for those that want local free storage and ONVIF compatibility so it will work with NVRs.

As i understand it will need to be flashed with LaView firmware to get OnVIF compatibility.

Will need to wait for stock, but i'm in no rush.
27 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2003
3115 posts
204 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: This deal isn't for people that want a cheap Ring or Nest Doorbell, this is for those that want local free storage and ONVIF compatibility so it will work with NVRs.

As i understand it will need to be flashed with LaView firmware to get OnVIF compatibility.

Will need to wait for stock, but i'm in no rush.
Bestbuy with the same price quicker shipping and can pick up...

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ez ... e/13549934
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2645 posts
1428 upvotes
Mississauga
Got it for same price during Black Friday. Works fine with blue iris over rtsp. Didn't need any custom firmware either.
Just a quick note for anyone interested, the field of view is 180degree vertical and I think 105degree horizontal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote: Got it for same price during Black Friday. Works fine with blue iris over rtsp. Didn't need any custom firmware either.
Just a quick note for anyone interested, the field of view is 180degree vertical and I think 105degree horizontal.
so it just worked with the EZVIZ firmware? Can you share any more info?

Think if you want onvif addition then it needs a firmware flash?
Member
Dec 13, 2005
408 posts
55 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
is this a rebranded hikvision doorbell cam?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7003 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
krossfyah wrote: is this a rebranded hikvision doorbell cam?
This is the rebranded HikVision door bell



There are several other brands, Uniden etc but they all look identical
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2007
15203 posts
2406 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Gee wrote: This is the rebranded HikVision door bell



There are several other brands, Uniden etc but they all look identical
That's the older model. This is a newer Hikvision doorbell (also sold as RCA, Laview, Nelly security, etc.).

Pretty extensive thread on this doorbell: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/new-rca-h ... era.31601/

The old one had legit terrible wifi (only 2.4Ghz) , so bad I had to return it because it was unusable. It couldn't maintain the RTSP feed and a live view over the app at the same time. I only got notified like 4 out of the 10 rings.

I now have the Ezviz DB1. Got mine from staples for $104.99 with the $25 off coupon around black friday.

Off the top of my head:
Pros:
-Decent video quality (viewing angles: 180 degree vertical, 105 horizontal), (3MP) slightly higher than 1080P res.
-Haven't missed a ring notification
-Stable RTSP feed, recording it on one of my VMs (using ispy). Will eventually get a new NVR or Blue iris

Cons:
-Weird lag when I playback motion recordings from doorbell during the day, it's fine when I playback at night though...
-Ezviz logs me out at random times
Last edited by Matrixvibe on Dec 22nd, 2019 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7003 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Matrixvibe wrote: That's the older model. This is a newer Hikvision doorbell (also sold as RCA, Laview, Nelly security, etc.).
Damn, had no idea they released a new one. I just purchased the older one last Christmas and I haven't had time to install it yet.

Now I want to upgrade to this one. Appears to be available on eBay for 100$ USD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZVIZ-DB1-3MP- ... Sw6IdcVOfB

130$ at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ez ... e/13549934
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2645 posts
1428 upvotes
Mississauga
JonSnow wrote: so it just worked with the EZVIZ firmware? Can you share any more info?

Think if you want onvif addition then it needs a firmware flash?
Yes, rtsp works with stock firmware, out of the box. I have not tried more features that onvif may provide, but I set it up few days back with blue iris using the rtsp link.

I am able to continously record on Blue Iris, and also get calls/ notification on the Ezviz app.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2645 posts
1428 upvotes
Mississauga
redflagdealsguy wrote: If this allows local storage without communication to a third party, I'm keen.
Should work..isolate it from Internet and record locally. I am impressed so far. Since the horizontal field of view is less, I have to figure out a way to rotate the camera a little more, so that I see more or my porch steps and less of door.

They provide a couple of angle mounts in the box, but I did not find them sufficient.
.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote: Should work..isolate it from Internet and record locally. I am impressed so far. Since the horizontal field of view is less, I have to figure out a way to rotate the camera a little more, so that I see more or my porch steps and less of door.

They provide a couple of angle mounts in the box, but I did not find them sufficient.
.
Since you choked it from phoning home, does the app still work on your local network?

I plan on blocking it from the Internet as well but hoping the app still works for 2 way audio and when i don't want to get off my ass to see who's at the door.

My doorbell is in the side of the door, if i need to I'll get a wider angle nest mount and make it work.
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2013
138 posts
87 upvotes
NANAIMO
IndyBeak wrote: isolate it from Internet and record locally.
Ezviz appears to be HKV own brand, Ezviz wired system offering both strong security potential with cloud service, but this offering not secure in such a manner, quite the opposite, we can be mindful of where we point these.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2007
15203 posts
2406 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Gee wrote: Damn, had no idea they released a new one. I just purchased the older one last Christmas and I haven't had time to install it yet.

Now I want to upgrade to this one. Appears to be available on eBay for 100$ USD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZVIZ-DB1-3MP- ... Sw6IdcVOfB

130$ at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ez ... e/13549934
I bought the Uniden variant of the old model from Visions for $99 last black friday :razz:. So sad to have had to send it back because it was one of the few that supported RTSP :(. Had no choice though, it flat out didn't work even when I placed a wireless router in the floor of the room that's directly above the front entrance.

But i guess we've been blessed with this new model which is a significant upgrade. :)
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
188 posts
211 upvotes
Bought from bestbuy.

I have made my own machine learning models for BlueIris so I will make my own version of familiar face detection, something my current porch top mounted camera can't do because it's so high.
Member
Jul 26, 2007
242 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
RobertA212 wrote: Bought from bestbuy.

I have made my own machine learning models for BlueIris so I will make my own version of familiar face detection, something my current porch top mounted camera can't do because it's so high.
Have you looked at open source versions of cam software like MotionEye?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
188 posts
211 upvotes
Mhaddy wrote: Have you looked at open source versions of cam software like MotionEye?
Once upon a time I used zonealarm. I use a windows PC as my Plex server and VR gaming rig, so I just have BlueIris running on there, since it's pretty intuitive and easy and powerful. I wrote my own python scripts to execute and analyse motion alert images with both trained and generic YOLO models.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1777 posts
930 upvotes
SW ON
LOL! A stranger comes to your door, a delivery person for example. And sees that thing. Which round thingy would s/he press/touch? It looks intimidating. I bet after the installation of this "doorbell" people start knocking on the door.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3545 posts
881 upvotes
alpovs wrote: LOL! A stranger comes to your door, a delivery person for example. And sees that thing. Which round thingy would s/he press/touch? It looks intimidating. I bet after the installation of this "doorbell" people start knocking on the door.
The button with the blue led?

People have reported cracked PIR lens coz of randoms pressing the wrong "button" with the LED off, so i think the led is very much needed.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1777 posts
930 upvotes
SW ON
JonSnow wrote: The button with the blue led?

People have reported cracked PIR lens coz of randoms pressing the wrong "button" with the LED off, so i think the led is very much needed.
A LED won't help. Why would a regular person not familiar with this device want to press on the LED and not on the lens for example. A doorbell needs to have a single button and no other confusing parts that look like buttons. This design is a total fail.

Top