Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Factory X Hand Forged Clay Tempered Katana $130

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2017 3:00 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold

[Amazon.ca] Factory X Hand Forged Clay Tempered Katana $130

Only 3 left, did take a capture in case price go back to around $400, dont really have interest but i just wanted to share, enjoy with care !
Images
  • katana.PNG
21 replies
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
498 upvotes
good for zombie attack preparedness..
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Interesting deal, but I would never buy a blade where the blade steel used is not clearly stated.
Apr 16, 2017
428 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Will this allow me to strike down my foes with relative ease and precision?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Oogarr wrote: Will this allow me to strike down my foes with relative ease and precision?
At this price range, probably not, lol.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: If I carry this around on the street, will the cops starts giving me sh.t?
Considering all the recent "knife attacks", they probably would.
Apr 18, 2008
646 posts
1198 upvotes
BC
How is this different than any of the mall ninja crap one can find in a kiosk?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
theflyingsquirrel wrote: If I carry this around on the street, will the cops starts giving me sh.t?
Quite likely, but if you really wanna walk down the street with this, you got it coming anyways.
Dec 10, 2007
323 posts
42 upvotes
toronto
They would probably give you a few bullets
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
With any of these sort of cheap swords with mystery steel, I would worry about poor quality steel / heat treat, which will make the blade likely to break.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo wrote: Depends on your skin colour and facial hair situation to be honest.
What if I look like a ninja?
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jun 7th, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
MandomRix wrote: How is this different than any of the mall ninja crap one can find in a kiosk?
Mall Swords use lower quality steel (usually 1040) which is prone to breaking/snapping. Mall swords are ment for display, not for play. Any decent sword thats ment for cutting usually has 1060 or 1090 steel. The last 2 numbers correspond to the carbon content in the steel. 1090 steel is more brittle but can be made shaper, whereas 1060 isnt as sharp but not as brittle.

Source:
I did alot of research on swords when I was trying to buy 1 last month
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Akizuki wrote: Mall Swords use lower quality steel (usually 1040) which is prone to breaking/snapping. Mall swords are ment for display, not for play. Any decent sword thats ment for cutting usually has 1060 or 1090 steel. The last 2 numbers correspond to the carbon content in the steel. 1090 steel is more brittle but can be made shaper, whereas 1060 isnt as sharp but not as brittle.

Source:
I did alot of research on swords when I was trying to buy 1 last month
Questions.
If you are using it for sword fighting, would the 1090 be too brittle and break?
Let's say if I want to cut open the skull of zombies like Michonne, which one is better? 1060 or 1090.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)