[Amazon.ca] Fairywill Sonic Powered Electric Toothbrush $30.55

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2021 7:40 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2017
161 posts
215 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Fairywill Sonic Powered Electric Toothbrush $30.55

Not a Philips Sonicare quality toothbrush, but at $30.55 (no tax), it is a pretty decent alternative.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 11th, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
42 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15679 posts
16833 upvotes
Oakville
For $15-20CAD, you can get some from banggood.com I've bought a few of them and been pretty happy with them. Works as well as the $80 oralb i had.
https://www.banggood.com/5-Modes-Sonic- ... mds=search
https://www.banggood.com/-T100-Sonic-El ... mds=search
https://www.banggood.com/Soocas-SO-WHIT ... rrency=CAD
https://www.banggood.com/Newest-Version ... mds=search
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3271 posts
1785 upvotes
Calgary
Just received the Fairywill E11 for $34 with 8 brushes incl. Used it 2x so far & I like it. Brushes are slightly stiffer than on the Philip Sonicare diamond brushes but the E11 has 5 brush modes that somewhat alleviates that by moderating the power.

Seat'O'Pants plaque meter says my mouth feels as clean vs Sonicare so there's that. For the money, its a good toothbrush. I can't even buy a pak of 5 sonicare brushes (reg $50 but onsale @$40 costco) at this price. Instead of buying sonicare replacement brushes, I can buy a new 8pak brush + toothbrush every 2yrs.
Nov 15, 2019
89 posts
75 upvotes
I was thinking about getting the P11 Pro instead of this... anyone have experience with both?
Sep 8, 2002
259 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
I got turned off from Sonic care after buying a diamond model. While they clean well, not sure how long they last or maybe I got a lemon.
Paid $200. Died slightly after a year. Just wouldn’t charge any more. For $200, you would hope it lasts longer than a year. Tried various brands after and also bought this Fairywell model. Brush head stiff like Sonic care. And works well. Just note it comes with a USB cable but no charge brick. Not a big deal if you have other USB chargers at home. Charging port also at the bottom. Without the usual contact charging stand that a lot of electronic toothbrushes have, you have to charge it on it’s side. Battery supposed lasts 4 months so only need to charge once in a while, but something to consider.
Feb 16, 2010
764 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Please note that Fairywill is a very sketchy brand. I purchased one of their toothbrushes off of Amazon a few months ago and it never powered on. After leaving a negative review, they reached out to me by email and offered me a $30 Amazon gift card to remove the negative review (after I already got my money back from Amazon). I recommend staying away from companies who manipulate their product reviews like this.

Also, the English on their packaging was hilarious.
Jan 13, 2009
847 posts
365 upvotes
Soocas with USB-C charger is the way to go
Dec 26, 2005
933 posts
348 upvotes
Ottawa
Damnit, just bought this brush 2 days ago for $42.

edit: nevermind, i was gonna buy this one, but bought the same model, but in black, with 8 heads included for $42.00.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1265 posts
424 upvotes
Indubitably wrote: Please note that Fairywill is a very sketchy brand. I purchased one of their toothbrushes off of Amazon a few months ago and it never powered on. After leaving a negative review, they reached out to me by email and offered me a $30 Amazon gift card to remove the negative review (after I already got my money back from Amazon). I recommend staying away from companies who manipulate their product reviews like this.

Similar experience here: I returned a similar product from FairyWill (E11). Pros: (1) Light weight. (2) Comes with 8 brush heads and traveling box. Cons: (1) I've been using an inexpensive Philips Sonicare model for a year or so and find its slightly tilted and slim brush head comfortable/easy to use. In comparison, Fairywill's shaft is straight, bulkier and I find it awkward. (2) Fairywill's charging pin works however I find it much simpler to use Sonicare's stationary charging base. (3) Brush bristles are too stiff to my liking.

They also reached out to me after my 3 star-review and tried very hard (offering a full-refund; had 2 reps sending me multiple e-mails) to make me withdraw it or change it to 5-star, which I refused. Buyers beware.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Nov 26, 2004
571 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
My second Philips Sonicare Diamondclean died. I'm over Philips now. $200+ for a toothbrush every 16 months is unsustainable for me. But I'm sad to hear that Fairywill is bribing consumers for a higher rating on Amazon.

Amazon really needs to crack down on this type star rating manipulation.

Anyone recommend a similar brush from a better brand? Ideally that'll still work with my existing stock of Philips brush heads....
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1265 posts
424 upvotes
beeknight wrote: Similar experience here: I returned a similar product from FairyWill (E11). Pros: (1) Light weight. (2) Comes with 8 brush heads and traveling box. Cons: (1) I've been using an inexpensive Philips Sonicare model for a year or so and find its slightly tilted and slim brush head comfortable/easy to use. In comparison, Fairywill's shaft is straight, bulkier and I find it awkward. (2) Fairywill's charging pin works however I find it much simpler to use Sonicare's stationary charging base. (3) Brush bristles are too stiff to my liking.

They also reached out to me after my 3 star-review and tried very hard (offering a full-refund; had 2 reps sending me multiple e-mails) to make me withdraw it or change it to 5-star, which I refused. Buyers beware.
In all fairness, apart from their sketchy marketing practice, it's an OK product, especially when you are not trying to convert from something else that you are already familiar with.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1265 posts
424 upvotes
NO CARRIER wrote: My second Philips Sonicare Diamondclean died. I'm over Philips now. $200+ for a toothbrush every 16 months is unsustainable for me. But I'm sad to hear that Fairywill is bribing consumers for a higher rating on Amazon.

Anyone recommend a similar brush from a better brand? Ideally that'll still work with my existing stock of Philips brush heads....
I stopped buying expensive Sonicares after my Costco purchase and their replacements (from Philips) all died. They all stopped to charge, or would randomly start to vibrate without anyone touching it. LOL

I realize I don't really use these expensive models' multi-functions/setting so I bought those inexpensive Sonicare 2xxx/3xxx series instead when they are on sale. They can be had around $30-40 (e.g., HX3211/12). I also started to keep them on their charging base at ALL TIMES. I had thought doing that would shorten the battery lifespan - but my HX3211 seems to be fine after 15 months of daily use.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2594 posts
180 upvotes
we bought the P11 Pro back in october and it's pretty good so far. brushhead small enough that it gets into the hard to reach areas and the battery life has been great as well. no issues from me so far.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
2290 upvotes
Toronto
NO CARRIER wrote: My second Philips Sonicare Diamondclean died. I'm over Philips now. $200+ for a toothbrush every 16 months is unsustainable for me. But I'm sad to hear that Fairywill is bribing consumers for a higher rating on Amazon.

I've had success getting replacements from Philips. Mine was probably around the 2-year mark, and they shipped a new one out quickly. It may be because I got mine from Costco, and I gave them the "just wanted to see if you can fix this so I don't have to return it to Costco" line.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3271 posts
1785 upvotes
Calgary
Indubitably wrote: Please note that Fairywill is a very sketchy brand. I purchased one of their toothbrushes off of Amazon a few months ago and it never powered on. After leaving a negative review, they reached out to me by email and offered me a $30 Amazon gift card to remove the negative review (after I already got my money back from Amazon). I recommend staying away from companies who manipulate their product reviews like this.

Not arguing your point here but to be fair, have you dealt with any Chinese sellers on Amazon who don't have sketchy marketing tactics? FWIW I betcha a new toothbrush that 9 outta 10 will contact with you with "incentives" to pull a neg review. If not for it being Amazon policy, how many would honor a guaranteed refund (if they would even contemplate such in their home country).

IMO its just the way they do biz esp in the dog eat dog world they're in plus a lot (if not most) practise short term gains biz strategies to get as much sales as possible for most live in the moment rather than 30 yrs down the line. Also IMHO again, most China based companies don't even think that this type of marketing is unethical as they only judge their success thru sales vol rather than any type of customer satisfaction index. I'm not even sure China has consumer laws specific to this type of mrkt schemes or product claims.

All that said, while a lot of made-in-china stuff are junk, not all products are. Again to be fair, my E11toothbrush comes with the unit PLUS 8 brushes, all for a grand total of $34. Its vaunted opposition sells a pack of 5 brushes only for $50, nevermind the toothbrush. Honestly & fairly (I seem to say that a lot hereThinking Face) it would be unsurprising if these Fairywill toothbrushes are junk but very surprisingly (to me at least), they perform quite well.

Lets not miss the forest for the trees here folks. Yes they are cheap & yes their Amazon based mktg tactics are not up to the snuff of BB&B! But the crux of it all is do they perform? IMHO yes they do, at least they do after 2 days of usage. Again IMO & as a user, they perform as well in the teeth cleaning dept as my now retired 5-7yr old Philips Sonicare. If the Fairywill lasts 2 years (8 brushes), I think I'm way a head of the game.

As usual, YMMV
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15040 posts
2968 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Avoid their expensive p11 version, it has no power compared to soniccare. Doesn't clean.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15040 posts
2968 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
smuncky wrote: we bought the P11 Pro back in october and it's pretty good so far. brushhead small enough that it gets into the hard to reach areas and the battery life has been great as well. no issues from me so far.
It doesn't clean as effectively as there other versions. In hindsight, I should have just picked Philips
Apr 26, 2019
336 posts
425 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Not arguing your point here but to be fair, have you dealt with any Chinese sellers on Amazon who don't have sketchy marketing tactics? FWIW I betcha a new toothbrush that 9 outta 10 will contact with you with "incentives" to pull a neg review. If not for it being Amazon policy, how many would honor a guaranteed refund (if they would even contemplate such in their home country).

IMO its just the way they do biz esp in the dog eat dog world they're in plus a lot (if not most) practise short term gains biz strategies to get as much sales as possible for most live in the moment rather than 30 yrs down the line. Also IMHO again, most China based companies don't even think that this type of marketing is unethical as they only judge their success thru sales vol rather than any type of customer satisfaction index. I'm not even sure China has consumer laws specific to this type of mrkt schemes or product claims.

All that said, while a lot of made-in-china stuff are junk, not all products are. Again to be fair, my E11toothbrush comes with the unit PLUS 8 brushes, all for a grand total of $34. Its vaunted opposition sells a pack of 5 brushes only for $50, nevermind the toothbrush. Honestly & fairly (I seem to say that a lot hereThinking Face) it would be unsurprising if these Fairywill toothbrushes are junk but very surprisingly (to me at least), they perform quite well.

Lets not miss the forest for the trees here folks. Yes they are cheap & yes their Amazon based mktg tactics are not up to the snuff of BB&B! But the crux of it all is do they perform? IMHO yes they do, at least they do after 2 days of usage. Again IMO & as a user, they perform as well in the teeth cleaning dept as my now retired 5-7yr old Philips Sonicare. If the Fairywill lasts 2 years (8 brushes), I think I'm way a head of the game.

As usual, YMMV
Insightful post and good points made. It's all shades of grey and it's up to each person to decide what works best for them.