Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2165 posts
1026 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Fasta Pasta- The Microwave Cooker $24.99 Lightning Deal

Amazon.ca has lightning deal on Fasta Pasta- The Microwave Cooker for $24.99 ($8 off) with free shipping. It is made of BPA free plastic and seems like a neat gadget with great reviews. For some reason there is no tax, so it is a bonus.
  • Perfect al dente pasta everytime
  • Saves time, energy and water
  • No boil over
  • Cooks evenly without sticking
  • Made in USA
Cheers :)
48 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2165 posts
1026 upvotes
Ontario
iamskyhigh wrote: Reviews sound fake.
and you know this because...

Should add that Amazon.com has 82% of the 1796 reviews rated it five stars:

http://www.amazon.com/Microwave-Pasta-C ... asta+Pasta

Yes I am leery about people getting a free product in return for their "honest" reviews, but I am not seeing that here, not to mention Amazon has excellent return policy including free return shipping, so what is the risk?
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11544 posts
2543 upvotes
Montreal
iamskyhigh wrote: Reviews sound fake.
Doesn't seem like it to me.

I picked one at random and it seems like some random guy who is moving to college dormitory based on his previous unrelated reviews of big name products and generic household stuff.

When it says "Verified purchase" it means that this review is made by someone who has this product in their account's purchase history.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3537 posts
1599 upvotes
'Shwallywood
alkizmo wrote: Doesn't seem like it to me.

I picked one at random and it seems like some random guy who is moving to college dormitory based on his previous unrelated reviews of big name products and generic household stuff.

When it says "Verified purchase" it means that this review is made by someone who has this product in their account's purchase history.
They can get away with it by offering 99% off coupon
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5092 posts
2274 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: When it says "Verified purchase" it means that this review is made by someone who has this product in their account's purchase history.
FYI, "Verified Purchase" means nothing.

Companies have had people buy an item from Amazon and they reimburse them after the fact (maybe even before).

Of course, with 1800 reviews, the average rating may be truer than otherwise ... but it could still be stuffed.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2686 posts
355 upvotes
unless your trying to make pasta in hotel/dorm/work microwave I don't see the point.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1610 posts
245 upvotes
Please explain to me why would someone want to make pasta in a plastic rectangular box inside a microwave.
Mar 2, 2011
796 posts
170 upvotes
Markham
Thanks, OP.

Instead of getting thanks on the deal or insights/commments on someone who uses the product, yet ... A bit sad ...
cheapbastage wrote: unless your trying to make pasta in hotel/dorm/work microwave I don't see the point.
Error2 wrote: Please explain to me why would someone want to make pasta in a plastic rectangular box inside a microwave.
For someone who works during the days and return home to cook for family during evenings ... Sometimes, if not all the times, he/she would like to prepare a meal in a fast, convenient way ... Not to mention the cleanup and lunch prep for kids afterwards ... Not everyone have all day/night to prepare and cook a fantastic meal every night ...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3007 posts
1032 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
Coladdict wrote: Sometimes, if not all the times, he/she would like to prepare a meal in a fast, convenient way ...
So a silly microwave gadget is faster and more convenient than dropping pasta into a pot of boiling water?? :facepalm:
Sep 10, 2008
814 posts
208 upvotes
makaturing wrote: So a silly microwave gadget is faster and more convenient than dropping pasta into a pot of boiling water?? :facepalm:
it uses way less water than a pot so it' much faster and convenient. but im not buying since i want to avoid plastics for cooking.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23005 posts
18179 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
FWIW I've been cooking pasta for years in a microwave oven using a glass covered casserole like this: Pyrex 6001024 Bakeware 2-Quart Casserole Dish with Lid. No need to worry about cooking in plastic containers and/or BPA risk.

IIRC I paid $1 or $2 for the dish at a thrift store, i.e. a lot less than $25.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 20, 2006
22 posts
2 upvotes
$14.99 at amazon.com. Exchange is not that bad :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2085 posts
1170 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I dunno. Putting plastic in the microwave for 15 minutes seems iffy.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1973 posts
824 upvotes
Plastic in the microwave is a huge no no, its not just bpa.
Dec 30, 2008
818 posts
499 upvotes
Please don't buy this.

Pasta are easy to cook.
A friend served me microwave pasta once, it was disgusting.
Some were still hard, huge chunk sticking together, a total mess.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5953 posts
2594 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Nice! I can add this to my collection of microwave cheese curd maker, microwave egg boiler, microwave lasagna maker, and microwave bread maker. Thanks OP!
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Apr 21, 2016
111 posts
100 upvotes
cats_on_burners wrote: Please don't buy this.

Pasta are easy to cook.
A friend served me microwave pasta once, it was disgusting.
Some were still hard, huge chunk sticking together, a total mess.
I hope that isn't your girlfriend.
Just an average netizen here because of the quarantine. :razz:
Web Developer for 5+ years. 😎