Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Feather Razor Blades 200 Count $59.88 - Approx 0.3$ per blade

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 10:57 am
30 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1469 posts
3309 upvotes
These are actually really great quality, always buy them. Time to stock up a bit, thanks OP
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2052 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
Good price but I found them to be too sharp.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sum_guy wrote: Good price but I found them to be too sharp.
I don't care for them either. After trying quite a few of the top blades, I've been more than happy with Astra Greens for the past 5y or so exclusively. I've used them on and off before that for 5y as well.

They work great in any razor I throw them in and last me about a week of Single Pass shaves, sometimes longer, for about $0.12 a blade or $0.17 on Amazon.

That said, Feathers must have gone up in price. I thought the landed price was always around $30/100 from eBay when I had previously bought them.
Jul 31, 2008
469 posts
285 upvotes
Markham
Feathers are by far my favourite, but given 100 is a 2 year supply for me, not super compelled to stock up .

The integrated blade disposal with the feathers is perfect IMHO.
Aug 6, 2010
105 posts
126 upvotes
Oakville
Are these able to be snapped and used with straight-edge razor? Doesn't look like it but want to make sure.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2631 posts
680 upvotes
I bought 100 of these before realizing they were too sharp for me. I use Gilette 7 o'clock super stainless blade instead.

Anybody in the GTA want to buy ~90 Feather blades off me for $15? PM me. edit: stop PMing me please. I have a long list of potential buyers.
Last edited by Phlegmbot on Feb 12th, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody ever upvote me again. I have 600 upvotes and that is the PERFECT number. Don't hit that button. I know it's tempting given my high quality posts on RedFlagDeals.com, the best page on the Internet since 1998 - but please don't hit that button.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1987 posts
559 upvotes
Calgary
Sum_guy wrote: Good price but I found them to be too sharp.
totally agree. I mangle my face with these.

My personal favourite is the Israeli Red Personna blades. They are getting hard to find though. Luckily I'm only 1/2 way through my 100-pack.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25043 posts
202697 upvotes
GTA
Love these, though I use the single edge variety...single edge blades tend to be a bit more forgiving. Awesome quality blades.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1030 posts
203 upvotes
Agree with the above, these are super sharp. I wouldn't pair with an aggressive razor but I think it works fine on a milder razor like a Merkur 11C/34C.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
Twice as expensive as some decent European blades with free shipping.
https://www.razorbladesclub.com/shop/tatra/
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1803 posts
508 upvotes
Just bought the Astra's, but these were just awesome when i had some. Much cleaner cut.

Have to buy
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2117 posts
1372 upvotes
Toronto
If you never tried Feathers, I highly recommend a sampler pack before committing to 200. I personally bought from TryABlade http://www.tryablade.com/samplers

Haven't used the Feathers yet, but so far the Astra Platinum and Voskhod are great value. Also tried Dorco Prime Platinum, which were terrible, and Wilkinson Swords, which are great, but pricey.

Edit: Just tried the Feathers, and they're definitely the sharpest I've used. It's my favourite so far, but I don't think it's much better than the Astra/Voskhod to justify the price.
Last edited by DarkReaper on Feb 12th, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1010 upvotes
Saskatoon
tripwire wrote: Just bought the Astra's, but these were just awesome when i had some. Much cleaner cut.

Have to buy
I found feather sharp but very rough, if you are looking for a sharp blade, I recommend you try BIC
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4445 posts
876 upvotes
Edmonton
Generally speaking, the coarser your facial hair, the more aggressive the blade. By “aggressive” we mean the sharpness of the blade. A blade that’s not as sharp will have harder time shaving through coarse hair (with the result being lots of pulling and tugging).
I was told feather is good for course hair. This could be why others are saying they get cuts. I have been using feather for over a year now and extremely happy. I have a very course beard that grows full. Pretty much no other razor works.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2007
83 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Max_Dealing wrote: I was told feather is good for course hair. This could be why others are saying they get cuts. I have been using feather for over a year now and extremely happy. I have a very course beard that grows full. Pretty much no other razor works.
That's my experience as well. have very coarse and thick individual hair, but relatively sparse. Other razors I get a lot of pulling and tugging, but with these I just go without a care and there's zero irritation. I guess everyone's different and you just gotta try them until you find what you like.
Oct 31, 2014
487 posts
435 upvotes
Victoria, BC
paulbian wrote: I guess everyone's different and you just gotta try them until you find what you like.
that's exactly it (I think it's a combo of your hair, skin, and what razor you're using) I tried a ton, astras work best for me, followed by derby, and gilette 7 o'clock and feathers being a distant 3rd and 4th.
Feb 1, 2017
487 posts
826 upvotes
I bought a try a blade a year ago and havent been properly keeping track which I like and amd getting close to running out . Honestly I don't recall having a problem with any of them cutting me really. So curious, what do people find yields the most uses? I only shave 3 times a week and often can use a single blade for waay longer then needed due to the fact I'm just cleaning up my neck/beard lines.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)