Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Feedback Sports Pro Elite Bike Repair Stand $259

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 12:51 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5600 posts
2548 upvotes
Kitchener
I hit buy on the sport version too... The pro elite is very nice, but Sport is nice enough. I don't mind it being a bit heavier or it taking a couple extra seconds to setup / load / unload. Would be nice if the Sport version came with a tote bag too but oh well.

Hopefully this will motivate me to maintain my bikes more often. :)

And no more dropped bikes!
This space is intentionally left blank.
Feb 25, 2003
321 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
isgaard wrote: Went into my local MEC, showed them the amazon.ca website, and they price matched and I get to walk out the store with the stand instead of waiting for Amazon to ship. I cancelled the Amazon order on my phone as soon as paid MEC. Face With Tears Of Joy

I'd rather give my business to MEC instead of Amazon.
Oh wow! I never knew MEC does price matching. Good to know!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
How long does it take Amazon to ship?
Mar 26, 2012
30 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener
DdBigs wrote: How long does it take Amazon to ship?
Ordered last night and it shipped this morning.
Mar 26, 2012
30 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener
isgaard wrote: Went into my local MEC, showed them the amazon.ca website, and they price matched and I get to walk out the store with the stand instead of waiting for Amazon to ship. I cancelled the Amazon order on my phone as soon as paid MEC. Face With Tears Of Joy

I'd rather give my business to MEC instead of Amazon.
MEC is great but what’s wrong with Amazon? Lol. So many great deals on that site!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1605 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Thanks,

Just ordered the sprint. Says its shipping on the 20th, was hoping to get it by the weekend
Mar 26, 2012
30 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks for the post OP! Bought the Elite!
Dec 12, 2009
491 posts
391 upvotes
ayrik wrote: MEC is great but what’s wrong with Amazon? Lol. So many great deals on that site!
i think amazon is great. but their shipping policy is not the best. i used to get things shipped the next day but now they seem to intentionally delay the shipping date for a few days unless you are Prime so i get my product within 5-7 days. i can't imagine that is not intentional seeing that Amazon is so high tech. other online stores ship immediately and i get it within 2-4 days.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
isgaard wrote: If all you care about is deals and not care about the bigger implications of how your money affect things, sure.

I rather give businesses on the ground a chance if possible. MEC gets involved in the community with activities such as events, training, races, and gear swaps. MEC carries a great selection of products that you can go in and try out. If I need to return it or exchange it, that's easier than trying to deal with Amazon as MEC return/exchange policy is like Costco, one of the best in the retail business. MEC employs locally and you can get gear advice from (sometimes) knowledgeable employees. Amazon has none of that (although Amazon's return policy is pretty good too).

Likewise, I would support even smaller players like local bike shops over MEC that is being strangled by awful distributorship model but asking them to special order an item like this is a waste of their time and probably under their margins. That's not to say I don't price match at local bike shops, I special ordered a helmet locally cheaper than online anywhere and close to cost as they wanted my business.

That's not to say if the product is more expensive locally, you should still shop locally. If local businesses aren't going to price match and the price difference is big, I will buy online every time. If you're going to spend the same amount of money anyways, you're better off buying the product locally.
I agree for the most part. Though I mainly pay for service and knowledge locally.
It's hard to justify buying parts at a bike store when you can save ~50% with online UK sites. Even more if you don't get custom charges.

One thing though, lets not pretend that amazon doesn't have the simplest and easiest return procedures...
Feb 25, 2003
321 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks to the OP, I ended up getting the elite. However, I didn't get it it's lowest point, something like $252.33 but at $254.18. Oh well. I guess if I was a true RFD'er, I would have quickly cancelled my order and re-ordered it at the lower price. I can't complain too much, the price is back up to $377.10 today.

Now if anybody finds a Park Tools truing stand (TS2.2) or similar, for cheap, let me know!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3440 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg
Saw one of these back home a couple of years ago in an auction warehouse, and they were using it to hold a 55 inch LCD TV, which was still huge back then, and I was quite impressed that they were using a tripod to hold the humongous TV... it was fairly solid and doesn't even wobble a bit... so I asked them what the tripod was, and they told me it was a bike repair stand... googled it and been wanting to find a deal on this type of stands..
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Stand arrived yesterday, let me say that this thing is worth every penny. Coming from a cheaper stand, this thing is like night and day. The quality of construction is very high and it will last forever.
Dec 12, 2009
491 posts
391 upvotes
isgaard wrote: For people who like park tools.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/e ... p-prod5787 $116 for a PCS9 with free shipping, super cheap! $215 at MEC.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/e ... -prod12702 $162.49 for PCS10 compared to $331 at MEC. (more than 50% off of MEC's price)

I'm more partial to the way Feedback works as I had the Sports stand for so long but if anyone prefers Park over Feedback, the PCS10 for $162.49 is a very hot deal.
Thanks, tried to price match with MEC but they rejected it bec it was based in UK. Just ordered from Chainreaction and hoping there is no bogus duty charges/taxes when it arrives thru Canada Post.
Feb 13, 2009
415 posts
325 upvotes
montreal, qc
most of my repairs involve adjusting the derailer. this rack does not allow easy turning of the pedals. not the same utility class.
i am going to try this one which offers similar features for the casual user at half the price.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B075M8 ... UTF8&psc=1