Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fender Player P Bass Buttercream $697, 35% off

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2022 4:36 pm
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Fender Player P Bass Buttercream $697, 35% off

Another Bass deal. Fender Player Precision Buttercream with maple neck. Great bass at a great price. Normally $1089 at Amazon and L&M. Will need a simple set up done on arrival.
11 replies
Banned
Sep 11, 2013
314 posts
350 upvotes
Vaughan
What exactly is a players series? Where are these made?
Aug 10, 2022
22 posts
14 upvotes
edge1986 wrote: What exactly is a players series? Where are these made?
Pictures shows made in Mexico (behind neck)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
edge1986 wrote: What exactly is a players series? Where are these made?
Mexico. Sweet deal on a buttery smooth and pretty bass guitar. I'd bite on this but already have an Ibanez BTB and don't need/play enough of a difference to warrant it. A possible resell but I'll let others have at it.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2550 posts
1011 upvotes
Solid deal!
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
For Fender/Squier it goes (lowest cost to highest ) (I know this is not complete, but gives a decent overview)
Made in China/Indonesia:
Squire Bullet
Squier Affinity
Squier
Squier Classic Vibes/ Vintage Modified
Made in Mexico:
Fender Player
Fender Player Plus
Fender Noventa/ Vintera
USA:
Fender Performer/ Special
Fender Professional /Professional II
Fender Original
Fender Ultra
Fender Custom Shop

There are some Fenders (not Squiers) that are made in China that I find are generally just below/the same as Fender Player
The Made/Crafted in Japan Fenders can rival the made in USA ones.
The Squier VM/CV lines compare very well with the Fender Player series.

The Player instruments are excellent I think. I have the Jaguar Bass from this line and it is a dream to play.
Aug 10, 2022
22 posts
14 upvotes
Anyone has an idea how much the pickups would cost to Americanize this one?
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
Welletom wrote: Anyone has an idea how much the pickups would cost to Americanize this one?
SD Quarter pounders or Fender Original Pickups are each about $140, but for just $80 Vineham does excellent pickups that rival those. Vineham Bass Pickups
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
Welletom wrote: Anyone has an idea how much the pickups would cost to Americanize this one?
I would also play these pickups first before replacing them, I found my Jag ones to be excellent, only replaced the jazz bridge pickup with a noiseless one. The P was fine
Jun 12, 2018
76 posts
104 upvotes
Has anyone ordered one of these squire or MIM guitars or basses?

I presume the Amazon warehouse isn't exactly the best place to store a guitar for a year, so I'm curious how they're coming out. I only say this because of the sheer number of messed up vinyl records I've received from Amazon (1 in 3 or 4 is just warped beyond playability).

As an aside, I think Fender's overproduced a tonne of guitars and now they're starting to lay people off to realign with demand. I'd expect a lot of deals as we march towards Black Friday and Christmas. If I didn't want a buttercream P Bass, I think i'd wait it out.

As another aside, L&M price matches amazon and includes a warantee/setup within one year of purchase. So if you buy in the summer, odds are you'd bring it in once the forced air heat takes it's toll.
one dollar only.
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
n3twork wrote: Has anyone ordered one of these squire or MIM guitars or basses?

I presume the Amazon warehouse isn't exactly the best place to store a guitar for a year, so I'm curious how they're coming out. I only say this because of the sheer number of messed up vinyl records I've received from Amazon (1 in 3 or 4 is just warped beyond playability).

As an aside, I think Fender's overproduced a tonne of guitars and now they're starting to lay people off to realign with demand. I'd expect a lot of deals as we march towards Black Friday and Christmas. If I didn't want a buttercream P Bass, I think i'd wait it out.

As another aside, L&M price matches amazon and includes a warantee/setup within one year of purchase. So if you buy in the summer, odds are you'd bring it in once the forced air heat takes it's toll.
I have the Jaguar Bass Got it a couple months ago. No problems at all. Did a quick setup and was fine. It shipped up from the US.

L&M does price match but they don't have much if any inventory in these models. This model/colour is out of stock there showing Dec for restock.
Feb 24, 2008
345 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought a Jaguar Bass from Amazon about two month ago ( thanks for OP's another post)

Amazon just used the original Fender cupboard package (cupboard inside too) , no extra coverage.
I can tell is not the safest packaging.... but mine arrived without any issue

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)