Nov 25, 2017
59 posts
74 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] FIFA 22 SWITCH - ($25)

There are also other games on sale

https://www.amazon.ca/NBA-2K22-Nintendo ... K5R77&th=1

NBA for switch/xbox/ps5

First post, go easy on me
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 22nd, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
24 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15242 posts
5121 upvotes
Don't buy FIFA on the Switch. You're basically just paying for a roster update and new menus/kits.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2340 posts
2468 upvotes
Surrey
FIFA on Switch is trash, like basically all all other sports games on the Switch. That’s what you get for having a criminally underpowered console in this gen
Dec 11, 2013
570 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: FIFA on Switch is trash, like basically all all other sports games on the Switch. That’s what you get for having a criminally underpowered console in this gen
So you're saying you can play xbox in the car?

No one buying this is going to be surprised by it looking worse than the Xbox version. The switch is awesome for what it is, especially if you have a PC.
Jun 14, 2016
20 posts
22 upvotes
The Mario games on the switch are fantastic games, the switch is a great concept and a great machine.
Mar 7, 2011
907 posts
900 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: FIFA on Switch is trash, like basically all all other sports games on the Switch. That’s what you get for having a criminally underpowered console in this gen
Nba2k not bad, but I heard Fifa is ass
May 5, 2017
483 posts
178 upvotes
Fifa is fun if you don't expect xbox level :)
Aug 27, 2011
437 posts
1219 upvotes
Newmarket
If you want to get FIFA for switch, save your money and get the iPhone version. It is cheaper and better.
Feb 28, 2006
440 posts
358 upvotes
Check out IGN's review for FIFA 22.

https://www.ign.com/articles/fifa-22-ni ... ion-review

Even IGN had enough of EA's BS, gave them a 2/10.

As bad as the yearly FIFA releases on other consoles were, at least they made actual changes, gameplay, graphics, even if they were minor. The hate that FIFA get on the Switch is that they didn't even do that. they made 0 changes, just update the roster and the title, charge full price and call it a day. They did that 4 years in a row, 0 changes on a game that had a poor foundation in the first place.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7091 posts
1585 upvotes
A bit off topic, but don't know why NHL isn't available on Switch.
Nov 24, 2016
494 posts
154 upvotes
Calgary
I have PS5 version, also not sure if I should buy this. Only thing is if you travel or anything you can still play FIFA.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15242 posts
5121 upvotes
golden wrote: A bit off topic, but don't know why NHL isn't available on Switch.
EA doesn't put a lot of effort into NHL because it sells much less than FIFA and Madden. I remember reading somewhere that most of the NHL sales came from Canada. Their resources much be stretched thin because it took until NHL 22 to finally get on Frostbite, whereas Madden/FIFA have already been on Frostbite for years.
Nov 25, 2014
658 posts
741 upvotes
JFlash20 wrote: So you're saying you can play xbox in the car?

No one buying this is going to be surprised by it looking worse than the Xbox version. The switch is awesome for what it is, especially if you have a PC.
Switch is going to become irrelevant next month, as the Deck can emulate Switch and run games even better
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1085 posts
1826 upvotes

I can play xbox on my phone so why cat I play it in the car??
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1085 posts
1826 upvotes
JFlash20 wrote:
So you're saying you can play xbox in the car?

I can play xbox on my phone so why cant I play it in the car?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2340 posts
2468 upvotes
Surrey

You do realize that there are a ton of people that play the Switch mostly docked right? There’s a Switch lite for handheld only gamers, yet Nintendo has done nothing for docked players since the Switch’s release. The Switch is still my favourite console, don’t get me wrong, but it’s truly only meant for exclusives imo.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2340 posts
2468 upvotes
Surrey
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Switch is going to become irrelevant next month, as the Deck can emulate Switch and run games even better
Lol, sure…
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4781 posts
3282 upvotes
Vancouver
Honestly not a fan of any sports game on switch given a lot of the modes are online, which removes the portability advantage the switch has. If you remove that, there really is no benefit playing on the switch vs any other platform. Add to that switch version generally is downgraded (frame capped)/running on an older engine because of hardware limitations.

Basically switch is really for first party games, RPGs, and other games you can play offline.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2340 posts
2468 upvotes
Surrey
Paigne wrote: Honestly not a fan of any sports game on switch given a lot of the modes are online, which removes the portability advantage the switch has. If you remove that, there really is no benefit playing on the switch vs any other platform. Add to that switch version generally is downgraded (frame capped)/running on an older engine because of hardware limitations.

Basically switch is really for first party games, RPGs, and other games you can play offline.
Couldn’t agree more.
Jun 14, 2016
20 posts
22 upvotes
Is playing Xbox on a phone the same experience as playing a switch which is essentially built for playing games on the move? I just can’t see it as being as good?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)