Amazon.ca

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster Nintendo Switch $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 10:07 pm
39 replies
Apr 16, 2010
72 posts
18 upvotes
Just a warning, X2 is a one time downloadable voucher that comes with a game. If you give/sell to anyone else, the cartridge will only contain Final Fantasy X.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3964 posts
1807 upvotes
gabe22400 wrote: Just a warning, X2 is a one time downloadable voucher that comes with a game. If you give/sell to anyone else, the cartridge will only contain Final Fantasy X.
You also need the cartridge to play X2 despite it being a download only game.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1353 posts
204 upvotes
halcyon wrote: You also need the cartridge to play X2 despite it being a download only game.
Yikes

Or get the superior all-on-cart Asian version I guess.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
599 upvotes
Brandon
jeffx wrote: Yikes

Or get the superior all-on-cart Asian version I guess.
Any places you recommend getting the Asian version?
Mar 13, 2010
522 posts
297 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Same price at EB games and bestbuy as well
Feb 15, 2008
576 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
Even tho the game was first release back in 18 years ago, but still a great game especially when you can play it on the go. Heads up for the late game grinding, you will need to spend a lot of time to get the best weapon/armors, especially best weapons for 2 of the characters, the process are tedious and time wasting. Other than that, still a good game worth the $$ spent.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2320 posts
5097 upvotes
Markham
phuangk wrote: Even tho the game was first release back in 18 years ago, but still a great game especially when you can play it on the go. Heads up for the late game grinding, you will need to spend a lot of time to get the best weapon/armors, especially best weapons for 2 of the characters, the process are tedious and time wasting. Other than that, still a good game worth the $$ spent.
Oh god, I remember most of them are tedious. Catching butterflies, dodging lightning, playing that stupid Blitzball.
Feb 15, 2008
576 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote: Oh god, I remember most of them are tedious. Catching butterflies, dodging lightning, playing that stupid Blitzball.
Butterflies are manageable once you find out the pattern, i got pass that in approx 30 to 40 mins.
Blitzball is time consuming (approx 6 hours) but it's totally doable.
Catcher Chocobo and Lightning dodging are tedious which i have gave up already.
Sad thing is a lot of farming strategy involved Tidus with his best weapon to make it easier, and to get Tidus best weapon, you have to beat the Catcher Chocobo in less than 0.0 second........
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1353 posts
204 upvotes
dboyman5 wrote: Any places you recommend getting the Asian version?
I guess play-asia. I seem to recall that game was on sale there recently so you missed out.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10934 posts
8181 upvotes
Toronto
halcyon wrote: You also need the cartridge to play X2 despite it being a download only game.
Wow, that's just not right.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Wow, that's just not right.
It's the one time download that really bothers me. Needing to have the cartridge inside for a game you bought a physical copy of isn't so bad, if it wasn't a download, no one would even question it. The fact that the game can never be resold including X-2 (even if X-2 kinda sucked) is pretty evil. Unfortunately it's become a common occurrence with these bundle games (I know the Megaman collections did it too).
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3620 posts
1408 upvotes
Montreal
great game finish it but not sure i'll want to replay again... though very handy on switch lol
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3416 posts
1149 upvotes
BC
phuangk wrote: Butterflies are manageable once you find out the pattern, i got pass that in approx 30 to 40 mins.
Sad thing is a lot of farming strategy involved Tidus with his best weapon to make it easier, and to get Tidus best weapon, you have to beat the Catcher Chocobo in less than 0.0 second........
I did all those things back in the day. Oh, to be young again. So much free time.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3815 posts
1230 upvotes
phuangk wrote: Butterflies are manageable once you find out the pattern, i got pass that in approx 30 to 40 mins.
Always wanted to play this game, but man that sounds time consuming. I don't have time to grind, wish they made it a bit easier.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3964 posts
1807 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: Always wanted to play this game, but man that sounds time consuming. I don't have time to grind, wish they made it a bit easier.
Thats mostly endgame stuff that 90% of people wont bother trying. I wouldnt let that stuff deter you from playing a good game such as FFX. You dont need to grind those things to play and finish story.
Feb 15, 2008
576 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto
JonSnow wrote: Always wanted to play this game, but man that sounds time consuming. I don't have time to grind, wish they made it a bit easier.
You can finish the story line without grinding.
It is still a very good game.
Aug 25, 2017
276 posts
448 upvotes
It is firmly in the top 15 mainline Final Fantasy games of all time.
Oct 19, 2011
283 posts
326 upvotes
dboyman5 wrote: Any places you recommend getting the Asian version?
jeffx wrote: I guess play-asia. I seem to recall that game was on sale there recently so you missed out.
I think it was actually Final Fantasy XII that was on sale. In any case, it appears that Play-Asia is sold out, which may or may not mean that the Asian version is out of print. The Japanese version is also multi-language, but is more expensive (I got mine off Amazon Japan, but it wasn't directly from Amazon as they don't appear to ship Square-Enix games to North America for some reason). Also, VGP appears to have some of the Asian version available, which could be a nice option since they're right here in Canada:

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/final-fan ... 27136.html

Keep in mind that no matter which version you get, none support English text and Japanese voice at the same time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)