Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, XII Zodiac, Secret of Mana for Nintendo Switch $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2021 11:53 am
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
50 posts
41 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, XII Zodiac, Secret of Mana for Nintendo Switch $19.99

A few Square Enix title for Nintendo Switch on sale. Lowest as per the 3C.

Not sure if digital would ever go to 9.99. Plus I like RPG on cartridge so it doesn't take up space in general, rather than re-download when you want to play again. Note that X-2 is just a key. The cartridge will check account before you can play, so its more annoying than the digitial version (takes up space, requires cartridge).

[Amazon]
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster https://www.amazon.ca/Final-Fantasy-X-2 ... B07JB4ZR2Y
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age https://www.amazon.ca/Final-Fantasy-XII ... B07HCT37ZV
Collection of Mana https://www.amazon.ca/Square-Enix-66224 ... B07TFD6H1Z

[EB]
Final Fantasy XII : The Zodiac Age https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/756 ... zodiac-age
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remastered https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/758 ... remastered

Edit: Moving Amazon to dead since .. some items are now dead, added EB offer. Same price there.
Last edited by Maiev on Feb 28th, 2021 10:44 am, edited 8 times in total.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4915 posts
2905 upvotes
Loved Final Fantasy X (weirded out by X-2).

Played the original Secret of Mana on the SNES and decided to give the modern Trials of Mana a try on PC. Outside of the typical Nintendo style storytelling and hand-holding, it hasn't been too bad.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10304 posts
2875 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Isn't X2 downloaded?
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
50 posts
41 upvotes
I think I read somewhere X2 is downloaded afterwards. Won't know.. mines on the way too :) Wasn't ready to dish out $40 for that game.
Jun 29, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Yes X-2 is a download unless you get the Play-asia version..
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5777 posts
2743 upvotes
Germany
I can't wait business travel to resume so I can actually make a dent in my JRPG backlog.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3496 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
Great games. Jealous for those who haven't played FFX. Would love to play it fresh.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5777 posts
2743 upvotes
Germany
Sepharite wrote: Great games. Jealous for those who haven't played FFX. Would love to play it fresh.
You say that until you have to play Blitzball and dodge lightning bolts...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3496 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: You say that until you have to play Blitzball and dodge lightning bolts...

But yeah, you're right. Some odd moments, but overall - one of the best stories that I recall.
Dec 5, 2016
256 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked up X/X-2 and Zodiac Age.
Deku deals has them as all time lows for this price.
Feb 25, 2018
149 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: You say that until you have to play Blitzball and dodge lightning bolts...
I think the worst is the Chocobo Race. So much rage.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1343 posts
338 upvotes
I must not buy these games for a third time.
Apparently there are a lot of deadbeat incels on RFD. 🖕
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10304 posts
2875 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I vaguely remember having to dodge god know how many bolts in a row to obtain a certain sword lol

Edit: Yeah 200 in a row to get the Venus Sigil...god that was hardcore
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9980 posts
6915 upvotes
Toronto
Found this article, seems X2 is a download but still requires the cart.

That's basically a worst of both worlds in regards to physical / digital.
Last edited by Angultra on Feb 26th, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
3101 posts
361 upvotes
Ergh. My game backlog is piling up with all these deals, but I still want to buy the Mana series and give them a go. $20 is probably as cheap as it will get, but are they going to run out of stock in a year? Decisions, decisions...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: Isn't X2 downloaded?
Maiev wrote: I think I read somewhere X2 is downloaded afterwards. Won't know.. mines on the way too :) Wasn't ready to dish out $40 for that game.
Janosik wrote: Yes X-2 is a download unless you get the Play-asia version..
Not only is X-2 a download but it binds to the account and requires cart for validation. That means if you sell X, you can no longer use X-2 and neither can the person who purchased it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4228 posts
2779 upvotes
Vancouver
Maiev wrote: I think I read somewhere X2 is downloaded afterwards. Won't know.. mines on the way too :) Wasn't ready to dish out $40 for that game.
I believe its actually worst than that.

If i remember correctly, FFX2 needs to be downloaded AND you need the game cart to play. Honestly if you want to buy that game, its likely better to buy it digital (when its on sale).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9650 posts
4112 upvotes
Those are completely optional sidequests for the Platinum Trophy.

I did end up getting the Platinum though.
davidr519 wrote: I think the worst is the Chocobo Race. So much rage.