Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, XII Zodiac, Secret of Mana for Nintendo Switch $19.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2021 11:53 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2011
1796 posts
2125 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: Those are completely optional sidequests for the Platinum Trophy.

I did end up getting the Platinum though.





Image
kuddos for you for dodging the hundred lightning bolts to get the celestial weapons LOL I will never put myself through that kind of torture again LOL. They should really make Blitzball an online multiplayer mode for their games
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2223 posts
837 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
also available at EBGames for same price with limited stock in stores.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1446 posts
1054 upvotes
Quebec City
I thought of buying Bravely Default 2 but I think I'll wait a year, Square seems to take the Ubisoft way more often than most.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2217 posts
4781 upvotes
Markham
SwaunyJones wrote: kuddos for you for dodging the hundred lightning bolts to get the celestial weapons LOL I will never put myself through that kind of torture again LOL. They should really make Blitzball an online multiplayer mode for their games
The lightning wasn't too bad once you get into the "groove", but the Blitzball is such a ridiculous time sink. The butterfly and the chocobos were also pretty obnoxious (but not the huge time sink that the Blitzball is).

Thanks OP for FF12, missed the deal on that multiple times and finally got it this time!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9695 posts
4154 upvotes
Keep in mind that the Nintendo Switch version does not have a Trophy System like the Playstation does.
There would be no incentive to do those optional sidequests on the Switch version.

Winning the Blitzball Championship Tournament is easy because you can assemble your own team.
Even beating the Luca Goers with a team of scrubs like the default Besaid Aurochs is simple.
Just pass to your best player and use a skill shot at close range (Tidus or Wakka). Then get possession of the ball and hide behind your goalie until time expires.

Even if you lose to the Goers, the game still continues on with the story but Wakka says some dialogue about being upset about losing.
Dave510 wrote: The lightning wasn't too bad once you get into the "groove", but the Blitzball is such a ridiculous time sink. The butterfly and the chocobos were also pretty obnoxious (but not the huge time sink that the Blitzball is).

Thanks OP for FF12, missed the deal on that multiple times and finally got it this time!

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 27th, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
MercadorHG wrote: I thought of buying Bravely Default 2 but I think I'll wait a year, Square seems to take the Ubisoft way more often than most.
I'd bet less on it since it's a Nintendo exclusive. Octopath Traveler has never dropped below $40 and never below $50 for physical and is probably the closest comp for how Square will treat BD2. You'll get it cheaper if you wait long enough but don't expect Ubisoft level discounts.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2217 posts
4781 upvotes
Markham
XFactor11 wrote: Keep in mind that the Nintendo Switch version does not have a Trophy System like the Playstation does.
There would be no incentive to do those optional sidequests on the Switch version.

Winning the Blitzball Championship Tournament is easy because you can assemble your own team.
Even beating the Luca Goers with a team of scrubs like the default Besaid Aurochs is simple.
Just pass to your best player and use a skill shot at close range (Tidus or Wakka).

Even if you lose to the Goers, the game still continues on with the story but Wakka says some dialogue about being upset about losing.




Oh I play the Blitzball to get the Jupiter Sigil (for the Celestral weapon). It's not hard to win, super easy to cheese, but it's just so time consuming to get through the tournaments and hope for the Jupiter Sigil to appear as a prize...
Member
May 29, 2017
322 posts
233 upvotes
I think FFX is the game I purchased the most. I have it for Ps2, Ps3, Ps4, PsVita, PC.... and I always play it. I still actively farm Dark Yojimbo when im bored at home. I woudl buy it for Here, but I dont have a switch.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1156 posts
945 upvotes
SURREY
Hope this becomes the standard price. I have such a massive backlog of games.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1156 posts
945 upvotes
SURREY
Two out of the three deals are still good
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Member
Jul 10, 2019
398 posts
360 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Loved Final Fantasy X (weirded out by X-2).
as a h0mosexual i loved x-2 so much lmao
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 16, 2007
2595 posts
1882 upvotes
Scarborough
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: as a h0mosexual i loved x-2 so much lmao
Pretty princess dress up is what my wife called it. I could not finish that game... then again I hated 13-2 and 13 lightning returns, never bothered.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2003
3922 posts
1779 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Not only is X-2 a download but it binds to the account and requires cart for validation. That means if you sell X, you can no longer use X-2 and neither can the person who purchased it.
To keep things in perspective:
1. You probably wont play X2 anyways.
2. Realistically, would you really sell this game? How much do you think you can get back? 5-10 dollars?

I get ppl wanting to buy, play and then recover some money. But unless its 1st party nintendo or a new release, i personnally cant be bothered to go thru the trouble to sell a great for a few dollars back.
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 2, 2010
23 posts
15 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
With the game at 20$ its safe to assume you could resale it for a good portion of that back.
Most people are buying digital so fewer physical copies out in the wild means physical will hold its value better.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2011
1796 posts
2125 upvotes
Toronto
JKKim2983 wrote: Deal's dead.
EB games has them for the same price
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Newbie
Oct 20, 2019
53 posts
119 upvotes
MercadorHG wrote: I thought of buying Bravely Default 2 but I think I'll wait a year, Square seems to take the Ubisoft way more often than most.
I don't think so. These games dip in price for so low because they're old and they're ports. Old ports. BD2 should see sales, for sure, but dipping to $20? Doubt it. As someone else said Octopath's done a good job keeping its value.

Top