[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7123 posts
8647 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Amazon.ca] Final Fantasy XV (Day 1 Ed) - $20

Good morning folks!

Final Fantasy XV Day 1 Edition is on sale at Amazon for $20 - IIRC, same price as Black Friday. I believe it's for Prime Members only.
https://www.amazon.ca/Final-Fantasy-XV- ... B00NXI6C6M

Same price for xbox and ps4.

Edit: Same price at BB:

PS4:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/fi ... 55424.aspx

XBOX:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sq ... 55667.aspx

Edit2: Cheaper at the source
alexaxa wrote: FF XV Day 1 edition is currently 9.96$ at the source if you can find stock !

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108052931
Last edited by aeba7 on Dec 8th, 2017 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
24 replies
Sep 22, 2007
197 posts
186 upvotes
Thank you for posting this.
Nov 25, 2016
48 posts
33 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Should i buy the PS4 version or wait for the master race version coming early 2018? Cheaper, but 900/1080p @ 30fps...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1099 posts
973 upvotes
MARKHAM
i hated this game, spent way too much time trying to get from one place to another. just wasn't my thing but for $20 it's worth the gamble if you've never played it before.
Jun 19, 2006
469 posts
840 upvotes
I really liked this game, the story of emo boy band was kinda cheesy but the game itself was fun. I definitely recommend getting the season pass as they have tons of content, i've easily spent over 150 hours doing all the caves, side quests, timed quests, DLC, etc and they have a multiplayer now, plus more DLC on the way. Definitely worth it for $20 or the $33.50 Season pass version
Banned
Sep 19, 2012
453 posts
770 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone seen JUST the Season Pass go on sale I've been waiting for a while for it? Its bonkers that the Season Pass alone (for people who already own the game) is the same price as the Premium Version which comes with the Season Pass. I guess I'm being punished for not pre-paying for the Season Pass before any of it was released when I got the game last year.
Sep 27, 2010
73 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
The prospect of spending 80+ hrs with a bunch of dudes running around and taking photo-ops is dreadful. Decent graphic and combat mode, plus great price, but probably just gonna skip this one.
Nov 25, 2015
37 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I purchased this exact game from amazon.ca during bf and received the standard edition returned and they sent standard again. They do not have any day one left you will get the standard edition. I returned both complained again and they gave me a months prime for the bs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7123 posts
8647 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Theo14 wrote: I purchased this exact game from amazon.ca during bf and received the standard edition returned and they sent standard again. They do not have any day one left you will get the standard edition. I returned both complained again and they gave me a months prime for the bs.
Oddly enough - I got mine today and it was the day 1 edition. I guess they found some stock in the corner of their warehouse?
Dec 10, 2006
958 posts
465 upvotes
Vancouver
Just picked it up for $20! Played all the previous FF games but skipped this one due to getting old, and can’t allocate 80+ hours on a game anymore. But hey at $20, why not give it a try.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1032 posts
3403 upvotes
Canada
rageguy wrote: But hey at $20, why not give it a try.
I'll tell you why. Final Fantasy has lost nearly all the spirit and soul of it's predecessors. I wasn't too thrilled about the boy band driving across the country in a Convertible fighting dinosaurs, taunting and alpha male-ing other party members to no end. This game could have been pure awesome but instead, heartache and disappointment ensure.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Nov 25, 2015
37 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
aeba7 wrote: Oddly enough - I got mine today and it was the day 1 edition. I guess they found some stock in the corner of their warehouse?
I ordered for ps4
Did you by chance order x1?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6670 posts
3691 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Pfffft....would not support this franchise again.

During the Pre-Order window and early on after release they mentioned a PSVR mode to be added for FREE, yet no specifics.

Feeling something was "fishy" Winking Face, I sold my unopened copy of FFXV while it was still a hot item which commanded full price, and actually made $25 on it.

Then months later final admitted that the plan was axed, but will come out with "something" VR-wise for FFXV.

Now, they've offered some crappy FFXV Monsters Of The Deep VR fishing game for the low low price of $39.99.
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... 0000000000

Something was indeed fishy.

At least Team Ninja delivered on their promise for a free VR mode in DOAX3, so props to them!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7123 posts
8647 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Theo14 wrote: I ordered for ps4
Did you by chance order x1?

Nope - same as you, ps4
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3194 posts
972 upvotes
Toronto
Styleman wrote: I'll tell you why. Final Fantasy has lost nearly all the spirit and soul of it's predecessors. I wasn't too thrilled about the boy band driving across the country in a Convertible fighting dinosaurs, taunting and alpha male-ing other party members to no end. This game could have been pure awesome but instead, heartache and disappointment ensure.
I agree, too cheesy for me. But probably great for others at $20
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
19135 posts
5561 upvotes
Scarberia
if i had time to play this game lol i'd buy it...eons ago played FF7 ps2? which most agree is the best ff game in history? #epic
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 20, 2010
555 posts
529 upvotes
Thanks! I missed it at Best Buy previously, even went to a store found a copy but then was told they were actually sold out, got a Prime friend to order for me