• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2021 2:26 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2019
21 posts
74 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Fire Emblem Three Houses - $54.95 and other switch games

Other switch games on sale too
Super Mario Odyssey $54.95 https://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-HACPAAAC ... 79&sr=8-16
Super Mario Maker $54.95 https://www.amazon.ca/Super-Mario-Maker ... 79&sr=8-22
Super Mario U Deluxe $54.95 https://www.amazon.ca/Super-Mario-Bros- ... 667&sr=8-5
Paper Mario: The Origami King $69.99 https://www.amazon.ca/Paper-Mario-Origa ... 62&sr=8-55

May be others but this is what I can find. Have been keeping my eye for awhile on this game and CCC just popped with a notification for it.
Last edited by Teuthras on May 6th, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Nov 8, 2016
236 posts
234 upvotes
FE: 3H is excellent, for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet. A great entry into the series, as a number of quality of life features make it a lot more beginner friendly for new players, and the lore is largely disconnected from other titles.
Nov 24, 2014
426 posts
359 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Good find on Paper Mario. I haven't seen it on sale yet and the Third Party seller "What A Deal!!!" doesn't seem to charge tax on it, so it's basically a $61 + tax deal (at least for us Quebecers with ~15% taxes)
Last edited by jiayejoe on May 6th, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2009
8627 posts
3683 upvotes
Great price for Xenoblade if you like JRPGs, I've dumped a frankly embarrassing amount of time into it over the years.

I thought Fire Emblem Three Houses was a great reboot that the series needed, a lot of QOL improvements and I enjoyed the differences between the playthrus.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1392 posts
1034 upvotes
Quebec City
A different take on FE:TH; I'm a Fire Emblem fan and I dislike Three Houses. The game doesn't respect your playtime; running away to speak to everyone between each fight is slow and painful. The series is going the dating sim route and that's not my thing. I can totally understand that others like this, it's just my opinion.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3115 posts
776 upvotes
Mississauga
MercadorHG wrote: A different take on FE:TH; I'm a Fire Emblem fan and I dislike Three Houses. The game doesn't respect your playtime; running away to speak to everyone between each fight is slow and painful. The series is going the dating sim route and that's not my thing. I can totally understand that others like this, it's just my opinion.
I have to agree with you and I haven't even finished the game yet lol.

I really don't care about running around the school grounds and doing all of this random miscellaneous stuff.

I wish the game was built in the same vein as Fire Emblem Awakening and just let's you play the game lmao.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14680 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
Got Fire Emblem from Best Buy today and I'll be trying it out this weekend - I wanted to give it a shot, but $80+tax is too expensive and even on Kijiji the lowest price for "used + drive across town" was $65.

I'm a little apprehensive about this "dating sim" angle (which I hate, as it caters to the dateless loser crowd), but I'm still hoping the game itself is close to Fire Emblem quality - plus, these FE games don't lose value and I can recoup my costs easy on the secondary market.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2144 posts
4647 upvotes
Markham
MercadorHG wrote: A different take on FE:TH; I'm a Fire Emblem fan and I dislike Three Houses. The game doesn't respect your playtime; running away to speak to everyone between each fight is slow and painful. The series is going the dating sim route and that's not my thing. I can totally understand that others like this, it's just my opinion.
Thanks, was considering the game but really dislike games that force you to waste a ton of time doing non-core gameplay stuff. Going to pass on this game.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14680 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Buy at shoppers same price plus buy $300 only pay $200 in points
I have been looking for a copy of Fire Emblem at all the local Shoppers (even did a big trip one weekend buying clearance 3DS games) and didn't find a single copy. I probably saw over 100 each of the Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, etc. games, but 0 Fire Emblem.

Probably all sold out, if they ever got them in the first place, and no restocks.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Oct 11, 2006
156 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
jiayejoe wrote: Good find on Paper Mario. I haven't seen it on sale yet and the Third Party seller "What A Deal!!!" doesn't seem to charge tax on it, so it's basically a $61 + tax deal (at least for us Quebecers with ~15% taxes)
Good call on not charging tax, $69.99 for me too. Be sure to select the "What A Deal" seller since there's a slightly lower one at 69.95 but charges tax.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3927 posts
4229 upvotes
Ottawa
Xenoblade definitely one of the best games on the Switch.
Tampa Bay Lightning; Back to back Stanley Cup Champions!! ⚡⚡
Milwaukee Bucks; 2020-21 NBA Champions! 🦌

First time ever that both my teams in different sports win the championship in their respective league in the same year.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1392 posts
1034 upvotes
Quebec City
Dave510 wrote: Thanks, was considering the game but really dislike games that force you to waste a ton of time doing non-core gameplay stuff. Going to pass on this game.
I think you would be best served by the remake they did a few years ago. It's not a bad game per say, but you'll put half your playtime running around to speak to other students. Some gamers like that as it takes a bit the Persona route but for me, that's not what Fire Emblem is at its core.
Jun 5, 2019
4 posts
5 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Thanks, was considering the game but really dislike games that force you to waste a ton of time doing non-core gameplay stuff. Going to pass on this game.
As a big fan of the FE franchise, with Three Houses being my favourite, I just wanted to mention that the game doesn't force you to do the non-core gameplay stuff if you don't want to. You can choose to skip straight to the battles and it will auto-train your students in the skill levels they are proficient in.
Jun 17, 2003
464 posts
72 upvotes
Can we still buy digital codes on the US Amazon site? The games are even cheaper over there....
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14680 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
JackWhyte wrote: I have been looking for a copy of Fire Emblem at all the local Shoppers (even did a big trip one weekend buying clearance 3DS games) and didn't find a single copy. I probably saw over 100 each of the Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, etc. games, but 0 Fire Emblem.
With the 200,000 points for $300 offer right now I was in a Shoppers looking for games, and asked what they had behind the counter. I see a Nintendo console sitting in the very back with what looks like a "DS" peeking over the top. Unfortunately it wasn't a 3DS or 2DS, but an ancient DSi XL (white).., which rang in at a healthy $209.

Man, what an unexpected blast from the past, and I was really hoping it was a 2DS XL, as those are cheap (if you can find one at Shoppers) and I really need a backup. Prices on 3DS/2DS are just really stupid right now with the pandemic, like more expensive than buying a new Switch console.