Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Fire HD 10 (2021) - $159.99 (Prime) [Optional KB], $149.99 @ Staples w/ coupon // Fire HD 8 @ $79.99 [+ Other Tablets]

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2021 5:34 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 7, 2010
2654 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
apple777 wrote:

Decent device. The only reason I'm not getting this is because I'm looking for a better front camera.

A video link should probably be posted in the OP. Seems like the people complaining about this device haven't seen its performance.
You linked to a review of the Fire HD10 Plus which has 4GB RAM.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21731 posts
26267 upvotes
Merc with a Mouth wrote: You linked to a review of the Fire HD10 Plus which has 4GB RAM.
He did, but everything else he mentioned was identical. He also noted the 3GB version in his talk.

The only significant difference I would bank on, is the number of concurrent apps that can be run. Otherwise they should be nearly identical. RAM is not bottlenecking gaming between 3GB and 4GB, the GPU would be the bottleneck, where applicable.
.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
8031 posts
4006 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ES_Revenge wrote: Because Scamazon.ca.

It's $80 USD right now at Best Lie stores in US! Right now! Only the US has suckered us--Canada opens its border to [fully vaccinated] Americans crossing at land borders on the 9th of August, after that announcement the Americans (who kept pressuring us to open the border) extended their border restrictions until at least the 21st! What a scam!

Not saying even the 9th would have gotten one across to get in on this particular deal but still, this is ridiculous!
You are right!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-all ... Id=6461952
Cant you just best lie and cross border pickup it?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21731 posts
26267 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: You are right!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-all ... Id=6461952
Cant you just best lie and cross border pickup it?
He could, and this sums up the value proposition.
redflagdealsguy wrote: $80 USD to CAD = $100.52 CAD
$100.52 CAD + $25.13 CAD ($20 USD) Reshipping = $125.65 CAD
$125.65 CAD + FX Fees = $130.05 CAD
$130.05 CAD + State Tax (Up to 8%) = $140.45 CAD

$140.45 CAD + HST

Price Difference = $19.54 CAD + HST $9.54 CAD + HST

Going cross-border makes it difficult to access warranty, difficult to return, etc. Amazon Prime is the exact opposite of that, Amazon is very forgiving.
The numbers aren't perfectly accurate, but it seems pretty clear this US re-shipping pathway isn't really a worthwhile option.
.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
6605 posts
6614 upvotes
Downtown Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: He did, but everything else he mentioned was identical. He also noted the 3GB version in his talk.

The only significant difference I would bank on, is the number of concurrent apps that can be run. Otherwise they should be nearly identical. RAM is not bottlenecking gaming between 3GB and 4GB, the GPU would be the bottleneck, where applicable.
Is the keyboard included with the plus? I can't seem to find it.
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21731 posts
26267 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Is the keyboard included with the plus? I can't seem to find it.
That's only available in the productivity bundle.
.
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2009
661 posts
445 upvotes
Hamilton
Teletran wrote: You can search and download the apks for it easily.
What is a reliable site for downloading apks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5721 posts
5806 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Be real cool if these ever got cheaper
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 21, 2011
119 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary
currently at superstore, for 100 electronics, you get 25 $ point, this equals 25 % off Fire HD 8 @ $79.99
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14402 posts
4992 upvotes
RFD
caqc2011 wrote: currently at superstore, for 100 electronics, you get 25 $ point, this equals 25 % off Fire HD 8 @ $79.99
Any Fire 10?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21731 posts
26267 upvotes
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/am ... k/15457893

BestBuy at $159.99 CAD

4 Special Offers Available
- Get 15 months of Microsoft 365 for the price of 12 with your device purchase*.
- Get a Kingston Canvas Go! 256GB memory card for $44.99 when you buy select tablet (save $55).
- Get a Kingston Canvas Go! 128GB memory card for $29.99 when you buy select tablet (save $30).
- Save $100 on the Epson EcoTank ET 8500 or 8550 when you buy select computers, laptops, tablets, unlocked phones, cameras or camera lenses.

Did some quick research, none of the above offers are decent IMO, the Epson printer is super expensive (laugh out loud lame).

BestBuy is a sleeper option, here.
.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
6605 posts
6614 upvotes
Downtown Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: That's only available in the productivity bundle.
that sucks, no way of buying it separately?
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Newbie
Nov 10, 2014
30 posts
31 upvotes
I have three of them. Wish I bought iPads instead.

Thank you for your time
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21731 posts
26267 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: that sucks, no way of buying it separately?
The Productivity bundle is still expensive at $279 (apparently no new discount there), I can see why you would want it separately.

The MoKo keyboard, from a third party maker with a decent reputation, may be your best alternative.

This one is selling through a non-Prime reseller for $58 CAD.

https://www.amazon.ca/MoKo-Compatible-G ... 094FYPHY6/

I would suggest playing with the tablet first before venturing to buy a keyboard. There are some Amazon productivity bundle users that are keen on the keyboard-tablet combo.
bigstink wrote: I have three of them. Wish I bought iPads instead.

Thank you for your time
Funny you say that, because (3x) Fire HD 10 units would just about buy you (1x) Apple iPad 8th generation tablet.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-ipad/ ... 2VC%2FA-CA
.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
6605 posts
6614 upvotes
Downtown Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: The Productivity bundle is still expensive at $279 (apparently no new discount there), I can see why you would want it separately.

The MoKo keyboard, from a third party maker with a decent reputation, may be your best alternative.

This one is selling through a non-Prime reseller for $58 CAD.

https://www.amazon.ca/MoKo-Compatible-G ... 094FYPHY6/

I would suggest playing with the tablet first before venturing to buy a keyboard. There are some Amazon productivity bundle users that are keen on the keyboard-tablet combo.



Funny you say that, because (3x) Fire HD 10 units would just about buy you (1x) Apple iPad 8th generation tablet.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-ipad/ ... 2VC%2FA-CA
Hopefully there will be a discount in USA. I want a keyboard as I don't want to bring my laptop. I can do my emails as well as update my website content from a tablet.
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21731 posts
26267 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Hopefully there will be a discount in USA. I want a keyboard as I don't want to bring my laptop. I can do my emails as well as update my website content from a tablet.
Hold your horses.

This looks like the OEM case, which Fintie licensed to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08SB72Q8F

That is to say, this is the same case as the Amazon Productivity bundle case.

Exciting find.

Two Step Purchase
1) Buy the Amazon Fire HD 10 from Staples.ca for $149.99 CAD after coupon.
2) Buy the Amazon OEM Keyboard Case for $62.99 CAD.

Separate Total Purchase Cost: $212.98 CAD + HST

Versus

Productivity Bundle Cost: $279.98 CAD + HST

Savings: $67.00 CAD + HST

This has me considering buying one as well.

I should thank you for having me do the research.

And yes, the separate keyboard is Prime fulfilled with bulletproof return policy.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jul 24th, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2016
33 posts
22 upvotes
Hi, could I trouble the gurus to tell me What android version would this be after running the the firebox? It just says fire os now. Like is it android pie etc?

How would this compare to the Samsung tab a 8.4 offer via Fido with LTE speed wise?

Thank you so much.

Top