Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2639 posts
5856 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Fire HD 10, 32gb latest model $134.99 ATL

ATL on this bad boy, both colours in stock.

Same with the HD8 but I already have one
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 4th, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
64 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2334 posts
702 upvotes
Are they refreshing it again or something? Also, I wonder if Black Friday will be cheaper or not. Hmmm...
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3704 posts
3440 upvotes
Raimond wrote: Are they refreshing it again or something? Also, I wonder if Black Friday will be cheaper or not. Hmmm...
Could be a bit cheaper on BF, we should know by how much on Prime Day Ocyt.11th iirc, if less just rerturn it or negotiate an adjustment. In for 1, OP thanked.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2008
1000 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Can this tablet be used to take class notes, draw graphs etc for a math/science student? I have seen others using tablets with a stylus, picking tools from a sidebar etc but I don't know what tablet and app they are using.
Jan 12, 2022
54 posts
70 upvotes
escapehatch wrote: Can this tablet be used to take class notes, draw graphs etc for a math/science student? I have seen others using tablets with a stylus, picking tools from a sidebar etc but I don't know what tablet and app they are using.
Nope, this isn't for that. A Samsung Tab S6 lite on sale is great for note taking with a stylus
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2144 posts
2064 upvotes
Likely dropped to this price to get rid of 'old' stock.
Heard somewhere that a new Fire HD 10 is coming out on 12 October.
Life is full of twists.
Stay flexible.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7180 posts
9153 upvotes
The NORTH
Don DiGuapo wrote: Could be a bit cheaper on BF, we should know by how much on Prime Day Ocyt.11th iirc, if less just rerturn it or negotiate an adjustment. In for 1, OP thanked.
You can negotiate an adjustment with Amazon post purchase? I didn't know they had any sort of price protection.
Mar 21, 2012
629 posts
591 upvotes
Edmonton
kr0zet wrote: You can negotiate an adjustment with Amazon post purchase? I didn't know they had any sort of price protection.
they've always told me they do NOT do price protection and they will not do an adjustment. I've had to return and buy it again.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2639 posts
5856 upvotes
Vancouver
ryanaz wrote: they've always told me they do NOT do price protection and they will not do an adjustment. I've had to return and buy it again.
Ez mode, i've done this 3 times now. Return and buy at new price

The amazon CS guy tells you to do this lol
Last edited by danascully on Oct 1st, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2639 posts
5856 upvotes
Vancouver
imoo2u wrote: Likely dropped to this price to get rid of 'old' stock.
Heard somewhere that a new Fire HD 10 is coming out on 12 October.
Not seeing any rumours even on google fu, you got any links?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24389 posts
31327 upvotes
Gentlemen, I still think these devices are great, but everyone is different.

The Fire tablets are the most common tablets in North America, and they deserve praise for opening up Android tablets to all income classes.

There's a huge development community behind it and the homebrew Fire Toolbox is still actively supported and feature rich.

Folks, give this a shot.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2144 posts
2064 upvotes
danascully wrote: Not seeing any rumours even on google fu, you got any links?
Somewhere out there ... always a rumour/gossip on Fire HD 10 (12thGen) that is going around the globe
Here is the LINK

Another is new Fire HD 8 (2022) as posted in Amazon USA.

More new Amazon devices for the holidays

Guess Amazon has tightened its ecosystem ... no more allowing non-Amazon apks that required google services.
Too bad, Amazon Toolbox 29 is fully function for OS 7.3.2.1 or less devices BUT there are some 'work-arounds' from the developer(s)/contributor(s) in XDA forum on newer OS (7.3.2.2 onwards)
Life is full of twists.
Stay flexible.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7392 posts
8081 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
imoo2u wrote: Somewhere out there ... always a rumour/gossip on Fire HD 10 (12thGen) that is going around the globe
Here is the LINK

Guess Amazon has tightened its ecosystem ... no more allowing non-Amazon apks that required google services.
Too bad, Amazon Toolbox 29 is fully function for OS 7.3.2.1 or less devices BUT there are some 'work-arounds' from the developer(s)/contributor(s) in XDA forum on newer OS (7.3.2.2 onwards)
Your first link was "right" in that it ended up being the Fire 7. I don't think there's any credible rumours for a new HD 10 especially since it just came out last year and Amazon doesn't release new models every year.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7431 posts
3602 upvotes
Canuckland
Wasn’t this cheaper in prime days?
Feb 13, 2017
25 posts
10 upvotes
A Great tablet to read books, watch anime, movie, and tiktok . If it is all you need, go for it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7180 posts
9153 upvotes
The NORTH
How is this for Minecraft and Roblox?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11578 posts
9215 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote: How is this for Minecraft and Roblox?
You need the 10+ for Roblox, seen multiple vids of it crashing on the 10. Seems to need the extra RAM. Minecraft runs fine from what I’ve seen.

Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2007
1321 posts
160 upvotes
Oakville
I have one of these and loaded the google store, for media consumption the 1080p screen and dual speakers are good, but for any productivity I find it can stutter, if you’re using this as a computing device I’d recommend buying the base iPad which has like 10x more computing power
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
$75 USD on Amazon.com. We're getting a 30% Scamazon.ca tax here :rolleyes: I guess it's not as bad as earlier times when it was as much as a 50% hike when "on sale".

If I didn't already have the 64GB version, I'd be buying one...in the US.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1149 posts
1271 upvotes
Quebec
imoo2u wrote: Somewhere out there ... always a rumour/gossip on Fire HD 10 (12thGen) that is going around the globe
Here is the LINK

Can confirm, once you flush out the awful fire OS and its all empty app store and replace them with the proper android stuff, this is a great budget tablet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)