Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Fire HD 10 Kids tablet $204.99 (reg. $259.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 1:24 am
[OP]
Aug 8, 2013
4 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Fire HD 10 Kids tablet $204.99 (reg. $259.99)

FYI
Noticed the Fire HD 10 Kids and the FIRE HD 10 Kids PRO tablets on sale on amazon .

Sale: 204.99.
Regular 259.99

Not sure if these go cheaper ever or not.

Kids Pro
https://www.amazon.ca/Fire-Hd-10-Kids-P ... 076&sr=8-3

Kids Standard
https://www.amazon.ca/Fire-HD-10-Kids-t ... 443&sr=8-6
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 31st, 2021 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
12 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
Yep, they're all on sale.

Fantastic tablet.

Slightly biased in that regard, but truth is truth.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1212 posts
328 upvotes
I had the HD 10 tablet 3 years ago with the FreeTime (now Kids+) subscription. Aside from the "you shouldn't give the child a tablet" argument, it was one of the best investment I could've made. The full version of all the apps alone is well worth it. Gone were the ads and add-ons my little guy always want to add and click on. We paid for a few but usually doesn't last long enough and he always wanted to download the next one. Just the Toca Life and Pinkfong would've costed me a fortune with the add-ons. I can't comment on the new version of the tablet, but just wanted to chime in a little.
Sep 23, 2005
421 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Search out the comments from prior times the Fire Kid's tablets have been on sale. The software interface, restrictions, and limitations are terrible. I returned mine and wouldn't buy them at any price.

The deal breaker for me was that only the primary profile can access the SD card with 3rd party apps. E.g. you can't store Netflix, Plex, etc. movies on the SD card for your kids.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1596 posts
2250 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: Search out the comments from prior times the Fire Kid's tablets have been on sale. The software interface, restrictions, and limitations are terrible. I returned mine and wouldn't buy them at any price.

The deal breaker for me was that only the primary profile can access the SD card with 3rd party apps. E.g. you can't store Netflix, Plex, etc. movies on the SD card for your kids.

That's not True. My kid has tons of apps installed on the sd card. Some apps can't be stored on the sd card but those that can will.

The interface and restrictions are actually what makes the tablet great for younger kids.

I highly recommend.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6619 posts
2857 upvotes
Montreal
RaphaelG041 wrote: That's not True. My kid has tons of apps installed on the sd card. Some apps can't be stored on the sd card but those that can will.

The interface and restrictions are actually what makes the tablet great for younger kids.

I highly recommend.
Installing apps isn't the problem. Download content from Netflix and Disney+ is the problem - downloads can't be stored to the SD card so you're limited to local storage. It's my only frustration with an otherwise great kids' tablet.
Sep 23, 2005
421 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
lostinpangea wrote: Search out the comments from prior times the Fire Kid's tablets have been on sale. The software interface, restrictions, and limitations are terrible. I returned mine and wouldn't buy them at any price.

RaphaelG041 wrote: That's not True. My kid has tons of apps installed on the sd card. Some apps can't be stored on the sd card but those that can will.

I highly recommend.
I spent over 6 hours on the phone with 3 different Amazon techs - they were not able to get Netflix, Disney+, or Plex to save media to the SD card under a Kid's profile (it worked fine with the main parent profile). Since movies for my kids was the main purpose for the tablets, I sent them back to Amazon. They also didn't provide a way to get the YouTube app on the tablet - I couldn't get sideloading the app to work under the Kid's profile, either (again, worked fine for parent).

At the end of the day, it was not a good solution for my family, but it's a cheap price if it works for yours.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1109 posts
167 upvotes
I got the 8inch fire tablet for the kids a while back and i find it terrible a year later. My significantly older Sony tablet destroys and it costed me about $100 more.

Since then I vouched I would never buy a fire tablet. Not sure if these are better now?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1989 posts
2871 upvotes
It's a mediocre tablet but it's great for kids