Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Fire HD 8 Tablet | 8" HD Display, 16 GB, Black for $74.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2020 2:09 pm
[OP]
Member
Jan 24, 2013
244 posts
882 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] Fire HD 8 Tablet | 8" HD Display, 16 GB, Black for $74.99

Fire HD 8 Tablet | 8" HD Display, 16 GB, Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07952VWG8
50 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
2169 posts
1993 upvotes
Alberta
Anyone use these for ActionTiles? Does it need to be rooted?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 13, 2008
136 posts
72 upvotes
Not sure about action tiles. But I used a launcher hijack and installed nova launcher was was able to block settings and PlayStore. My kids use it, works well.

I've been meaning to get another one as a dedicated homeassistant screen.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2442 posts
1681 upvotes
Kitchener
Not all time low according to CCC.
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Newbie
Nov 26, 2009
69 posts
92 upvotes
Picked up 2 tablets for my 6 year old and 8 year old over the holidays and they absolutely love it. Runs Youtube, Netflix and Disney Plus good and games like Subway Surfer play smooth. It doesn't come with the Google Play store installed but if you do a quick Youtube search there are ways to add it.

Staples has it on sale right now for 74.99 as well - When I bought it there was a $25 off $75 purchase coupon so ended up paying roughly 50 plus tax each. Not sure if the coupon is still valid. Overall a good tablet for kids.
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2010
837 posts
311 upvotes
Greely
NowJoJo wrote: Not all time low according to CCC.
It was $69.99 in December @ Staples, plus a $25.00 coupon!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2010
2406 posts
1531 upvotes
montreal
We have 3 of these for the kids and personally, I will never buy them again ...

- Too slow.
- Way too much bloatware.
- Horrible launcher.
- Only compatible with their own firestick (of mediastream devices) or very limited compatibility.
- Netflix doesn't work for us since their update after Christmas. Wasted lots of time to finally install an apk directly from Netflix website.

Some of our downsides might be plus for Amazon lover's, but for us (google users), it is a show stopper,

So for us ... they are a big disappointment, even at that price range.
But this is our personal preference.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
10293 posts
2875 upvotes
Wish they would put the Fire sticks on sale
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2012
1830 posts
1168 upvotes
superbigjay wrote: We have 3 of these for the kids and personally, I will never buy them again ...

- Too slow.
- Way too much bloatware.
- Horrible launcher.
- Only compatible with their own firestick (of mediastream devices) or very limited compatibility.
- Netflix doesn't work for us since their update after Christmas. Wasted lots of time to finally install an apk directly from Netflix website.

Some of our downsides might be plus for Amazon lover's, but for us (google users), it is a show stopper,

So for us ... they are a big disappointment, even at that price range.
But this is our personal preference.
sideload play store, and install your own laucher. Solved all those problems for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1540 posts
771 upvotes
Cambridge
Is this good for watching Netflix? Or will this stutter?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
12540 posts
2602 upvotes
paid $50 last month at Staples with coupon...LOL
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1615 posts
1033 upvotes
old sparks wrote: It was $69.99 in December @ Staples, plus a $25.00 coupon!!!
A deal like this will likely never come back so I might jump on the current one thanks OP.

Need it to sideload playstore and run IPTV Smarters for IPTV.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2010
2406 posts
1531 upvotes
montreal
wildzero wrote: sideload play store, and install your own laucher. Solved all those problems for me.
Did that...
But still not perfect for our usage.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1615 posts
1033 upvotes
People that down vote this deal are pathetic imo. Not every thread needs to be an all-time low in pricing.

Good luck waiting for another $69 deal with a $25 coupon.

Top