Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2167 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
vinceli wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:32 pm
yes you can. you should be able to find it in amazon's app store
Can you view Movies from a PC network share with VLC?
I use kodi with my aging nexus TV box. Looking for a cheap replacement.
Jul 3, 2014
29 posts
10 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON
Can I install IPTV smarters on this? and can I also download WWE network? Im in canada.
May 7, 2011
42 posts
44 upvotes
NANAIMO
vpower wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 10:31 pm
Can you view Movies from a PC network share with VLC?
I use kodi with my aging nexus TV box. Looking for a cheap replacement.
i have an external hard drive connected to my router and had it set up as SAMBA server, and since I have a password for my server, firestick asked me for the login name and password the first time I access the folders with VLC, after that, VLC see the files with no issue.

a bit out of the topic, I also installed ES File Manager, but somehow when I try to access the files in the SAMBA, it failed to open the folders as it didn't even ask me for the password, but after I set the server to no password, ES files manager did just fine. this have nothing to do with firestick, just my network, since the same thing happened to my android phone, but just to bring it up in case you run into the same problem.
Nov 23, 2013
3 posts
Winnipeg
Live Tv apps get WWE channel and all the ppvs like wrestle mania
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1611 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
prod wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 9:19 pm
Yeah Id like to know too, can you sideload google play and get rid of the amazon stuff like you can with the FireHD tablets?
Not easily.
Apr 1, 2007
334 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
As far as I know, one should jump through the hoops to install a variation of Youtube on this. I won't buy this device until they settle their disputes with Google.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2968 posts
308 upvotes
Brampton
I have tried YouTube.com on the internet browser, very basic and won't go full screen.
Are any of the free third party youtube apps in the Amazon store worth using?
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Nov 15, 2005
603 posts
265 upvotes
Montreal
for sideload app : you guys have to install app: downloader and then find url for .apk that you want to install. check out youtube video..
Koodo 6gb call/text - 40$
Virgin Mobile 50/10 unlimited - 29,99$
Mar 3, 2018
4 posts
prod wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:32 pm
I have tried YouTube.com on the internet browser, very basic and won't go full screen.
Are any of the free third party youtube apps in the Amazon store worth using?

There are multiple easy ways to do this.
Firefox works beautifully with youtube, you can even set it to open to youtube right away and its full screen with a lovely interface.