[Amazon.ca] Fire TV Stick 4K $54.99; Non-4K Stick $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 11:32 am
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
Hearzy wrote: Get the 4K even if you do not have a 4K tv. Superior to the non 4K and worth the cost (controller, processor etc)
Thanks!!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3810 posts
1113 upvotes
QC
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Youtube app works great!
Still no official youtube apps? Are you using the solk browser?
Jul 23, 2009
953 posts
77 upvotes
Is the US version “better” if you can get one of those?
Jan 1, 2008
91 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
jiayejoe wrote: Quick question for people who have experience with the device and the Bell Fibe App. Does it offer great picture quality?
When using the Bell Fibe app on my phone I get crystal clear picture, but when I cast from the Bell Fibe app to my Vizio TV, the quality is pretty underwhelming (<720p for sure).

Would the Fire Stick TV 4K offer picture quality similar to what I get on my phone or closer to the below average crap I get from casting?
TIA!
I have the bell app and quality is very good with the 4k stick. It even outputs the video in HDR which is great. After buying the 4k stick I got rid of the extra bell box I had which saved me 10$ a month.
Nov 24, 2014
393 posts
322 upvotes
Quebec, QC
andremck wrote: I have the bell app and quality is very good with the 4k stick. It even outputs the video in HDR which is great. After buying the 4k stick I got rid of the extra bell box I had which saved me 10$ a month.

Yeah I got rid of my 2nd Bell box last year because we barely used it. I thought casting using the Bell Fibe app would do a great job, but it's not. Sports is unenjoyable and aside from tv shows with mostly steady pictures, the quality just isn't there. Glad to hear the Fire Stick has a much better picture. Grabbed one a few moments ago, can't wait to try it out!
Mar 9, 2015
219 posts
129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Ebates or GCR for amazon devices?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1934 posts
1269 upvotes
Hamilton
jiayejoe wrote: Quick question for people who have experience with the device and the Bell Fibe App. Does it offer great picture quality?
When using the Bell Fibe app on my phone I get crystal clear picture, but when I cast from the Bell Fibe app to my Vizio TV, the quality is pretty underwhelming (<720p for sure).

Would the Fire Stick TV 4K offer picture quality similar to what I get on my phone or closer to the below average crap I get from casting?
TIA!
I have the Toshiba Fire TV.... the PQ is great but therea a stutter on sports. That's on multiple TVs and hardwired connection.
Feb 5, 2011
31 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Got a Formuler Z8... Fantastic Box and I like the Mytvonline2 app... I need another box for another part of my house

This is quite a bit less $. I understand its not better, but is it still comparable and user friendly?
Nov 24, 2014
393 posts
322 upvotes
Quebec, QC
CaptainCrash wrote: I have the Toshiba Fire TV.... the PQ is great but therea a stutter on sports. That's on multiple TVs and hardwired connection.
Hopefully the Amazon Fire Stick 4K does better on that level. My TV is literally 1 foot away from my modem, so WiFi connection should be pretty good (500 Mbps Down/Up).

I just can't stand the sub 720p, 20 FPS feed I get from casting via the Bell Fibe app (while it's almost perfect directly on my phone).
Oct 17, 2010
637 posts
298 upvotes
Terrace
I kept thinking about cancelling my TV subscription with Telus since I only watch Global news and kids watches cartoon occasionally. Wife loves to watch million dollar listings, sharks tank etc. Can someone please tell me would/could this thing replace what I currently have?
Aug 30, 2006
29 posts
18 upvotes
Victoria
Coresu wrote: What about YouTube? On its own it doesnt support it?
Until there's an official Youtube app, if you're comfortable installing/sideloading apps, I would recommend installing Smart YouTube TV.

I've actually grown to prefer it and use it on my Sony Android TV; it allows for profile switching which comes in handy if you are living with others.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2639 posts
1537 upvotes
is there any way to watch Rogers anyplace tv on this? how about if I cast it to the TV through this from my phone?
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9700 posts
2232 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have both. don't notice a difference between the 2 for 1080p. But if you are using an avr then your options are better with the 4k model