Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fire TV Stick 4K $54.99; Non-4K Stick $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 11:32 am
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
KevinC268 wrote: what app are you using? the one I tried often has a weird stutter I dont get on other devices.
PerfectPlayer works nicely on mine.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Coresu wrote: What about YouTube? On its own it doesnt support it?
YouTube will eventually come back as Amazon and goog have kissed and made up, but for now you can download SmartTube which is a fork of YouTube.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
kiasu wrote: can I sideload other apk like Cyberflix? does it have ES file explorer too?

You don't need fileExplorer, just type in the address (cablekill.us/cyber) via "downloader" to download and install.
May 8, 2019
26 posts
20 upvotes
FYI. My last 4k stick got stuck in a boot loop for no good reason, a common issue requiring a replacement as per my understanding. I returned it instead of replacing it.
Continuing the long tradition of hoarding for unfathomable reasons through RFD
Apr 1, 2007
110 posts
59 upvotes
rhabdo wrote: FYI. My last 4k stick got stuck in a boot loop for no good reason, a common issue requiring a replacement as per my understanding. I returned it instead of replacing it.
Mine was in a boot loop too but I think I had too many things plugged into the same outlet it worked fine after I unplugged some things. Overall I’m really enjoying using the firestick 4k for Netflix and Kodi
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
rhabdo wrote: FYI. My last 4k stick got stuck in a boot loop for no good reason, a common issue requiring a replacement as per my understanding. I returned it instead of replacing it.
How long did you own the firestick for? Does Amazon have a 1 year warranty on the stick?
May 8, 2019
26 posts
20 upvotes
toronto2007 wrote:
Mine was in a boot loop too but I think I had too many things plugged into the same outlet it worked fine after I unplugged some things. Overall I’m really enjoying using the firestick 4k for Netflix and Kodi
Didn't work for me sadly.
cwangs wrote: How long did you had the firestick for? Does Amazon have a 1 year warranty on the stick?
A few days, lots of effort, relatively speaking, into setting up the apps I wanted. When it conked off, I decided not to go through the headache of ideal personal setup again.
And yes, it does have a 1-year warranty. If you could create a backup (I'm not sure you can) then I'd stick with it.

IIRC, the last thread about the firestick had some people getting the bootloop issue.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
Went from Perfect Player to TiviMate on it for IPTV... damn it's almost as fast as on my ShieldTV, especially with the latest update.

For those who want USB ports added (for LAN adapter + USB Drives), you can connect a USB hub as INPUT to the FireTV as follows:
1. Get a USB hub that allows an external power source (eg: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=118780).
(Note, that micro USB port in this picture is where you plug a micro usb cable into a wall jack to power the USB port: http://www.orico.cc/uploads/uk/product/ ... des-01.jpg).
2. Get a USB micro cable (to plug into that port in step1) and plug it into a wall using a standard USB power adapter. (eg. https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=029464)
3. Get a USB (Female) to Micro USB (Male) adapter/cable. Plug the FEMALE cable from the USB hub (that normally plugs into a computer) into the adapter. The MALE end goes into the FireTV.
***You now have a USB hub connected to your FireTV that will also power it.****
4, Plug a USB 3.0 LAN adapter into the hub (The one for the Nintendo Switch works fine). You now have a LAN connection instead of relying on WIFI. Much faster speeds for IPTV.
5. Sideload apps using a regular USB stick into the hub.

Done.... you now have a Firestick that's on fire.... USB hub, LAN adapter, and ability to sideload via USB sticks. now go grab TiviMate and be happy.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
nambit wrote: Went from Perfect Player to TiviMate on it for IPTV... damn it's almost as fast as on my ShieldTV, especially with the latest update.

For those who want USB ports added (for LAN adapter + USB Drives), you can connect a USB hub as INPUT to the FireTV as follows:
1. Get a USB hub that allows an external power source (eg: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=118780).
(Note, that micro USB port in this picture is where you plug a micro usb cable into a wall jack to power the USB port: http://www.orico.cc/uploads/uk/product/ ... des-01.jpg).
2. Get a USB micro cable (to plug into that port in step1) and plug it into a wall using a standard USB power adapter. (eg. https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=029464)
3. Get a USB (Female) to Micro USB (Male) adapter/cable. Plug the FEMALE cable from the USB hub (that normally plugs into a computer) into the adapter. The MALE end goes into the FireTV.
***You now have a USB hub connected to your FireTV that will also power it.****
4, Plug a USB 3.0 LAN adapter into the hub (The one for the Nintendo Switch works fine). You now have a LAN connection instead of relying on WIFI. Much faster speeds for IPTV.
5. Sideload apps using a regular USB stick into the hub.

Done.... you now have a Firestick that's on fire.... USB hub, LAN adapter, and ability to sideload via USB sticks. now go grab TiviMate and be happy.
This also works:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00LTH ... UTF8&psc=1
You use the one female micro port to take in power from the Firestick's power supply.

Also, since the port on the Firestick is micro-USB I'm guessing it's gonna be USB2 so anything USB3 won't be fully utilized.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1811 posts
2410 upvotes
BC
kiasu wrote: can I sideload other apk like Cyberflix? does it have ES file explorer too?
The FireStick runs a customized version of Android, so most Android apps will work, except those that require Google Services due to a dispute Amazon had with Google. For apps that cannot be navigated with the remote, install MouseToggle to get a pointer in order to click on selections.

Tip: If you have a favourite app on your phone/tablet that you want to sideload onto the FireStick, install Apps2Fire from the Google PlayStore onto the phone/tablet and use it to push the app installed onto the FireStick. Super easy to do....just be patient when it first pushes the app, as Apps2Fire has to issue a number of "adb" commands to the Firestick before installation can take place. After that it goes pretty fast for any subsequent apps you want to install.

Some apps are already available on the Amazon AppStore, like ES Explorer. Check there first as those apps are optimized for the Firestick.
Sep 13, 2011
191 posts
238 upvotes
THORNHILL
Got the 4k Fire TV last time it was on sale and I got to say it's my favorite streamer. It is better then my apple tv 4k and Nvidia Shield. Don't forget to install titanium tv if you want on demand tv shows and movies. It's relatively easy to install. Here is a link if anyone wants instructions on how to load it on to your fire tv.

https://troypoint.com/titanium-tv/
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
Man..feel like I'm reading a different language. Technology moves way to fast. ha.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
How useful is this with mlbtv or MLB/NFL/Nba streams from Reddit?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
plllll0 wrote: How useful is this with mlbtv or MLB/NFL/Nba streams from Reddit?
you can browse to those subreddits using either the amazon silk browser or firefox, go to the links, click the play on the player, perhaps close a couple of pop up ads and just play them as you would on a pc.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2006
1739 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone do yourself a favor. Grab this. Subscribe to a iptv service for live stuff. Install cinemaHD for movies. Combine cinemaHD with real-Debrid for ultimate experience.

Just google everything for step by step instructions.
[rfdlink=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48622]HeatWare[/rfdlink]
Samsung 2253BW widescreen 2ms response time Intel core 2 duo E8400 Patriot viper series 4GB DDR2 pc6200 DDR800 dual channel ram XFX nvidia 8800GT 255mb Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic WD Caviar Black 1TB sata2 HDD w/ 32mb cache Logitech z560 4.1
May 8, 2019
26 posts
20 upvotes
justinwu86 wrote: Everyone do yourself a favor. Grab this. Subscribe to a iptv service for live stuff. Install cinemaHD for movies. Combine cinemaHD with real-Debrid for ultimate experience.

Just google everything for step by step instructions.
Is there a place I can see the list of IPTVs available and perhaps their reviews too? If nothing else, a discussion on a forum by day-2-day users?
Sep 2, 2017
473 posts
540 upvotes
Edmonton
slater22 wrote: Got the 4k Fire TV last time it was on sale and I got to say it's my favorite streamer. It is better then my apple tv 4k and Nvidia Shield. Don't forget to install titanium tv if you want on demand tv shows and movies. It's relatively easy to install. Here is a link if anyone wants instructions on how to load it on to your fire tv.

https://troypoint.com/titanium-tv/
If this is true I will be quite impressed. I have an Apple TV 4K and Nvidia shield at home. But I just order this fire stick since it will be perfect for traveling/work. So if it's that good that's awesome!