Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Bluetooth Magnetic Rower $378.03 [Discount $84.94] (SOLD OUT)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 3:56 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
444 posts
271 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Fitness Reality 1000 Plus Bluetooth Magnetic Rower $378.03 [Discount $84.94] (SOLD OUT)

SOLD OUT

About this item
[Full body workout]: the only rower with additional exercises on the market
[Smart cloud fitness]: the only BLUETOOTH rower on the market
[Extra wide handlebar/14 level tension ]: 21.5” Extra wide grip foam handlebar provides comfortable grips
[Additional exercises]: patent pending front stabilizer foot pads allows for additional exercises such as curls
[Large console/seat]: large 3.5” LCD displays distance, time, total count, calories burned, stokes/min and scan

Previous Costco sale was $400.

Another version FITNESS REALITY Dual Transmission Fan is $404.70. <-- SOLD OUT
Last edited by shoppingsheep on Feb 19th, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
16 replies
Nov 10, 2019
87 posts
99 upvotes
Got it for 524 from Costco a while back. Can I PM?
Carpe Diem!
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
444 posts
271 upvotes
creativerbl wrote: Got it for 524 from Costco a while back. Can I PM?
Unless you want to return Costco and buy again, otherwise, I think Costco doesn't PM other retails. They PM their own sale within 30 days.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14946 posts
3327 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: What do you feel is better about the Sunny model?
- more resistance levels
- better seat design that is more contoured. This seat looks pretty flat
- No packaging issues that caused cracks (this might have been a one-off)
- Your feet are further away on the Sunny Fitness from the main unit. This is handy for larger feet and better extension

Do they just make the 1 rowing machine as Sunny Fitness makes several models.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
444 posts
271 upvotes
hightech wrote: - more resistance levels
- better seat design that is more contoured. This seat looks pretty flat
- No packaging issues that caused cracks (this might have been a one-off)
- Your feet are further away on the Sunny Fitness from the main unit. This is handy for larger feet and better extension

Do they just make the 1 rowing machine as Sunny Fitness makes several models.
I contacted Sunny Fitness earlier regarding the resistance levels between their different models, they said 8 VS 16 resistance levels have the same tension range. They just break it down to more precise levels. I don't know how it compares with Fitness Reality, but I see quite some complaints to the tension on Sunny Fitness, while Fitness Reality ones seem to be OK. Anyone tried both and can comment?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3352 posts
1422 upvotes
Vancouver
These guys are kind of over-the-top (I assume that's their shtick), but I like some of the supplemental exercises they suggest that you can do with a rower:

Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14946 posts
3327 upvotes
Toronto
shoppingsheep wrote: I contacted Sunny Fitness earlier regarding the resistance levels between their different models, they said 8 VS 16 resistance levels have the same tension range. They just break it down to more precise levels. I don't know how it compares with Fitness Reality, but I see quite some complaints to the tension on Sunny Fitness, while Fitness Reality ones seem to be OK. Anyone tried both and can comment?
One thing to keep in mind is that with magnetic rowers the resistance is the same on the pull and the return row. This is not like Concept 2 where you need to pull harder and faster. If you are training for rowing I would avoid any magnetic rowers and focus on Concept 2 or other air rowers. In my case, I am using it to work out and just set the resistance to 14 and do 4 reps of 10 min each and you definitely feel it. I also wanted something very quiet so this is where Magnetic rowers do well.

Here are some pros/cons of magnetic rowers:

https://www.startrowing.com/reviews/bes ... -machines/

I was looking at the Matrix rower (https://matrixfitness.com/ca/eng/innova ... experience) but it is fairly heavy and didn't think I would be able to lift a 130 lb box down several flights of stairs on my own.

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

Feb 5, 2008
75 posts
25 upvotes
St Catharines
hightech wrote: I purchased the Sunny Fitness one back in Jan and it is great. I would recommend it over this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B086WN ... UTF8&psc=1
You just have to watch with warranties and parts with the cheaper ones. Sunny Health's warranty is not valid in Canada, so once you are past the 30 days or whatever return period you are on your own.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14946 posts
3327 upvotes
Toronto
Fireball027 wrote: You just have to watch with warranties and parts with the cheaper ones. Sunny Health's warranty is not valid in Canada, so once you are past the 30 days or whatever return period you are on your own.
Really? That is not what they told me.

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2004
1995 posts
367 upvotes
I bought an Xterra ERG160 Rower from Walmart.ca for $278 at the beginning of January. Now OOS.
I'm really impressed with the quality and price.
Xterra ERG160
Nov 20, 2017
670 posts
497 upvotes
I can't handle the flat nylon pull string. I used to row on the concept at my local gym before covid.

It just looks/feels really cheap. Looking for a machine with a solid piece of nylon or steel wire if I'm going to grab an off-brand
Feb 5, 2008
75 posts
25 upvotes
St Catharines
hightech wrote: Really? That is not what they told me.
Yep, look online about all the issues people have in Canada. I have dealt with the company before and they only support their items in the states, even if they are sold here
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14946 posts
3327 upvotes
Toronto
Fireball027 wrote: Yep, look online about all the issues people have in Canada. I have dealt with the company before and they only support their items in the states, even if they are sold here
Damn... that sucks as I didn't know that.

Car Buying Tips & Tricks