• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 7:24 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2006
635 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench $168.97

Great price on a solid bench, in stock for PRIME delivery! I bought the bowflex 3.1 for even more and it doesn't have as many incremental positions :(

Also they are selling the power cage for $443.97 which some people have mentioned looks like a good deal as well

** EDIT Oct 8th ** Temporarily out of stock but available on walmart.ca at same price with free shipping

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fitness-re ... AqD7bLWUPI

https://www.amazon.ca/Fitness-Reality-2 ... ast_sto_dp

81IW4kP3TkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
cage.jpg

Included Components: bench, manual
Sport Type: Fitness & Yoga
800 lbs real weight capacity. User height up to 6-Feet 4-Inch
Smooth 12 position Adjustable backrest by utilizing 2 position front leg adjustment
Backrest adjusts to-20 degree decline to Plus 80 degree incline angles
Detachable 3 position Adjustable leg hold down bar for additional stability during workouts
Can be folded for storage. Folded size: 51-Inch L x 23.5-Inch w x 9-Inch H
Last edited by statick on Oct 8th, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
107 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1683 posts
378 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
10 viewers, any comment?
Is this more or less match to bench at gym?
<No political content in signatures>
Mar 29, 2006
249 posts
150 upvotes
I have this. Paid $199. It’s not bad. Use it for dumbbell exercises (shoulders, chest press- flat/incline/decline, flys, rear lateral raises). Easy to switch back position.

Have a separate bench for barbells, so can’t comment on that.

Only thing I don’t like is the angle of the front legs. They stick out past the seat and I’ve tripped over them a few times.
Dec 10, 2014
768 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought this back in may. Compared to the one I used to use at goodlife, I feel the butt space is way too big, I'd prefer it to be smaller, and the front leg I wish it stuck "out" to the front instead of to the right and left. You have to stick your feet at a wide angle to even have them on the ground when doing shoulder press for example.
Sep 2, 2009
107 posts
30 upvotes
London
I recently purchased this as well. I agree with the others stating the legs stick out, but it's not really a huge problem for me. Personally the larger seat is part of why I'd recommend this bench, but maybe I just have a large booty lol. Overall for this price I'd definitely recommend it, I love the convenience of the angle adjustability, I was using the crappy bench from canadian tire before and it was such a pain to unscrew the knob to change angles, not to mention the angles available were useless and the bench was just overall garbage.

I use it for all major barbell and dumbbell exercises and have it's been great overall. I'd say the major difference between this and a more expensive commercial bench you'd find at a gym is the padding thickness, it is noticeably thinner but so far hasn't actually caused any discomfort (though I only got this a month ago).
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1260 posts
1547 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Hmm, actually debating this.

Looking to build a bench and squat station as my (local military) gym has been closed to the public and all others are pretty far away. Thought I could survive like 6 months no gym, but damn, do you lose gains fast...and sounds like it will remain closed to public for a while.

Seems like the same company has a rack as well that seems a good price, no? Approx 600 for rack and bench, seems okay?
Jul 4, 2007
443 posts
370 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Thanks OP. Needed one (and the cage) for a while now. Ordered both and the collars.

Hopefully they are worth it otherwise it will be a pain sending them back.
Sep 7, 2002
959 posts
415 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: I bought this back in may. Compared to the one I used to use at goodlife, I feel the butt space is way too big, I'd prefer it to be smaller, and the front leg I wish it stuck "out" to the front instead of to the right and left. You have to stick your feet at a wide angle to even have them on the ground when doing shoulder press for example.
I dislike how it sticks out, BUT, on press exercises, I put my feet behind those front left/right bars, and use it for leverage to push against while arching. I'm on carpet in the basement, so it's actually helpful since my feet have low grip.
Oct 24, 2016
87 posts
138 upvotes
Been looking for a cheaper bench, this does the trick! Thanks for the heads-up OP!
Jul 7, 2008
697 posts
304 upvotes
Also got this around May.
Very solid bench for the price and lots of different positions
Jul 5, 2006
56 posts
14 upvotes
What's the quality of the steel frame? I purchased this one during the summer when it was the only thing available https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YXV ... UTF8&psc=1 It does the job but I feel could bend the frame with some well applied pressure if I wanted. So I'm a little cautious while using it. This one is rated for 800lbs vs 330lbs for the one I have, so I would expect it to be more solid. I do like the quick adjustability. Mine is a pain in that regard.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2893 posts
3878 upvotes
BC
I have this bench as well, overall pretty happy with it. Not sure there's a better alternative in this price range, in stock and shipped to your house. Wouldn't say its commercial quality but really good and much better than the budget Mercy / Cap benches.

haven't tried the bowflex 3.1 so can't comment on the comparison.

The backrest area might be a bit narrow for benching but I have a flat bench for that.

Wheels on the rear is really nice too for moving around.
Feb 13, 2012
55 posts
30 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I was looking for a decent adjustable bench under $200 to complete my home gym. I missed out when this was $179 a couple weeks back before it jumped to $232. Checked amazon morning and pulled trigger at $168. Glad I can finally retire by DIY wooden flat bench.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2168 posts
1302 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP, ordered one.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)