Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench $168.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 12:53 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
rfder0381 wrote: Is there anything in between this and https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-adjustable-bench-2-0 in terms of quality and price?
i think you're in two different worlds with those two benches. maybe the bowflex bench is in between?
FalconR wrote: Going to order one, thanks for sharing. Now I just need some heavy duty mats and dumbbells! Already have a full power cage and barbell set so I'm almost set to completely avoid public gyms. One thing I'm going to miss is the cable towers... Wondering how to best replicate that at home. Maybe some sort of attachment to the power cage?
im looking for a cage, which one did you decide on, and how has your experience been with it so far?
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Nov 20, 2014
336 posts
162 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Friend has one so I've tried it out for a few months now. Yes, it is a little wide, both seat and back, and it would take some getting used to. Only adjustment needed for me was to widen my foot stance, and I just deal with the shoulder width as its not too much wider. Another slightly annoying thing is that it cannot go completely straight up at 90 deg, more like 85+. Same issue when putting it down flat, it is not a true 0 deg, more of a slight decline.
Feb 3, 2015
86 posts
33 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Thanks OP in41. Ordered but says 2 days shipping but estimate date of arrival on Oct 8th? Anyone else?
Dec 25, 2013
628 posts
455 upvotes
Brampton
I don't even get why everyone is so hyped about this? the seat isn't adjustable for decline/incline, the bench doesn't go up to 90 degrees.

What's so good... lol
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1464 posts
2057 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
aurasphere wrote: I don't even get why everyone is so hyped about this? the seat isn't adjustable for decline/incline, the bench doesn't go up to 90 degrees.

What's so good... lol
800 lb adjustable bench for 168 bucks. Name something else in this price range?
May 21, 2015
522 posts
297 upvotes
nice price. the 2000 gapless version dropped to $268 as well recently. yeah maybe there are $40 Kijiji deals but this shows up at your door.

best bang for buck i've got so far has been the $30 36" foam roller. not going to replace a bench, but as long as you have a flat space in the floor its decent for basic things
Dec 25, 2013
628 posts
455 upvotes
Brampton
Nubby666 wrote: 800 lb adjustable bench for 168 bucks. Name something else in this price range?
I guess I just don't see how it's meant for 90% of the users here who can probably lift maybe (assuming 200lbs themselves + another 200lbs weights). If you're super jacked sure this deal is for you. I highly doubt most of this board will accumulate over 400lbs of weight
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
aurasphere wrote: I guess I just don't see how it's meant for 90% of the users here who can probably lift maybe (assuming 200lbs themselves + another 200lbs weights). If you're super jacked sure this deal is for you. I highly doubt most of this board will accumulate over 400lbs of weight
Do you really want to be pushing a cheap bench to its limits and risk injury? Obviously most of us aren't moving 800lbs of weight.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1223 posts
1102 upvotes
I wanted the northern lights FID at fitness depot but nowhere to be found so this will do!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1464 posts
2057 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
aurasphere wrote: I guess I just don't see how it's meant for 90% of the users here who can probably lift maybe (assuming 200lbs themselves + another 200lbs weights). If you're super jacked sure this deal is for you. I highly doubt most of this board will accumulate over 400lbs of weight
Most of those cheap benches are only rated to 300 to 400 pounds. 200 for 1 on a bench isnt really being jacked. But ya as stated above its better to have an over built bench than an under built. Imagine 200lbs crashing down on you doing a home workout all alone. Not good brother.

Respect.
Jun 27, 2017
345 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, ordered one. Not happy how it doesn't get to 90° but still looks to be a good bench for a good price.
Sep 1, 2014
685 posts
1019 upvotes
Ontario
Ordered one as well! Thanks OP.

Just have a set of powerblocks that go to 55 lbs (worth more than double what I paid nearly a decade ago! Wild), so this will suit my needs perfect.

Also 6'2, so the height of this bench helps.
Sep 1, 2006
625 posts
841 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
aurasphere wrote: I don't even get why everyone is so hyped about this? the seat isn't adjustable for decline/incline, the bench doesn't go up to 90 degrees.

What's so good... lol
I have a bench that goes to 90 degrees, and it has an adjustable seat.

Personally, I never use my bench at 90 degrees. For shoulder presses I use 80 degrees.

As for the seat, I keep it flat most of the time. I may adjust it occasionally if I am doing shoulder presses or if I am doing declined curls. A bench without an adjustable seat isn't a big deal imo.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
The seated military benches (the short ones) at my gym don't go completely 90 so I'm used to pressing on 80-85 degrees. A 90 degree bench would probably be uncomfortable for heavier sets due to most people being front delt dominant.

Heres a picture of my bench set at the most vertical setting. Make sure the seat is adjusted (the pin). Mine gets completely flat no problem.
SizableSac wrote: Friend has one so I've tried it out for a few months now. Yes, it is a little wide, both seat and back, and it would take some getting used to. Only adjustment needed for me was to widen my foot stance, and I just deal with the shoulder width as its not too much wider. Another slightly annoying thing is that it cannot go completely straight up at 90 deg, more like 85+. Same issue when putting it down flat, it is not a true 0 deg, more of a slight decline.
TheCheapCDN wrote: Thanks, ordered one. Not happy how it doesn't get to 90° but still looks to be a good bench for a good price.
Images
  • F1333412-2E5E-48C9-85AE-EFC7B827FB18.jpeg
  • B9976328-12D9-4B51-BB3E-2240FA561727.jpeg
Jun 27, 2017
345 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the info. That actually looks pretty good for a shoulder press setup. I'm excited to get the bench. Reviews and all look great for the price. I see some people complain it can't go fully flat but other reviews indicate it can based on positions.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2218 posts
1282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Ugh, if only it had an 850 pound weight capacity.
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
TheCheapCDN wrote: Thanks for the info. That actually looks pretty good for a shoulder press setup. I'm excited to get the bench. Reviews and all look great for the price. I see some people complain it can't go fully flat but other reviews indicate it can based on positions.
It will go completely flat, but the seat has to be in a certain setting (1 of the 3). I thought the same when I put mine together, but the instructions clearly say "adjust the seat to slot X to go completely flat".
Overall its a great bench, awkward gap between the seat and back in certain positions, but not a deal breaker. I do wish the leg things had cushions for the decline position.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)