Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fitness Reality 2000 Super Max XL High Capacity NO Gap Weight Bench $245.62

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2022 5:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
wchau85 wrote: I'm in the same boat as you! I got it when it was on sale and thinking if I should get this deal instea.

Also got the dumbbells and the Trackion interlock mats from costco, All just sitting on the side until i figure out what i want to do.. hahaha
If you got it for the same price as this one is now and you can still return it, then I probably would. This bench offers incredible value for the price and is better than the bowflex imo.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
I was able to get a price adjustment
Feb 24, 2009
111 posts
70 upvotes
cky312 wrote: Can you do back extension on this bench? If not, can RFD recommended a good solution for back extensions at home? I don't weight lift all that much but would like to do back extensions.

Thank you
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm still holding to see if the price will continue to drop. Seems like a lot of gym equipment prices are dropping. If no one answers your question before I order it, I'll let you know. It sure seems like it would be possible.
Dec 25, 2010
382 posts
430 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
Totally clueless here, but with a desire to get fit back (I'm the kind able to do "search" months before buying a gadget, and I guest in the fitness world I have shitton of material I can get lost into :P).

Those home gyms looked interesting (but now that I check dimension, my basement is not super high, like 81 inches high, and some go beyond that... -- that might unfortunately be a practical problem for me -- Unless I do some ceiling tweaking to make something fit at one specific place, but I would have to be convinced that is what I "want" -- and I am not there yet!).

If some of you did their search or know their thing... what kind of exercice can we do with a good bench, like is there some good website with a good checklist and suggestions very well organized you like? And what accessories will you buy to go along with it? (I guest I would need some dumb bells for example to do a lot of these exercices) -- Actually good resource can also not be limited to benches.

Some of those Marcy benches looked to have a lot of features (and it is more compact than those home gyms), can do bench press, leg extension with weight (which not all bench have as an option), etc. But I think they're not considered as good quality as those fitness reality benches, but still, are they a good options for features?

I guest someone who know what they do can get a good workout with compact size equipment at home (maybe even use those cheap resistance bands combined with some dumbbell, kettlebell, chin up bar, etc.).
Jan 28, 2008
314 posts
194 upvotes
Pickering
Price dropped again!

$245.62

Annnd I pulled the trigger. Thanks OP.
Feb 1, 2013
15 posts
7 upvotes
Burlington
I read some reviews that suggest the length of the backrest seems better suited to those 6 foot or taller. Would anyone who has this comment on whether this is an actual issue? Seems to be a very well reviewed bench otherwise.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
justrajdeep wrote: Can i fit a leg curl extension?
probably, but it looks narrow, so might not be too comfortable

as for the gap, usually roll up a small towel and stick it between the seat and backrest

thanks op
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I got this bench for $266 a year ago and I think it's worth the money.

This bench is quite heavy. Considering inflation and the high cost of international maritime shipping, I say you should get this while the getting is good!
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
77Cars wrote: I read some reviews that suggest the length of the backrest seems better suited to those 6 foot or taller. Would anyone who has this comment on whether this is an actual issue? Seems to be a very well reviewed bench otherwise.
it accommodates taller people as the backrest on some benches are short and your head/neck can end up hanging over the end on presses
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Damn didn’t think it would go any lower
Sep 4, 2007
631 posts
612 upvotes
mickoz wrote: Totally clueless here, but with a desire to get fit back (I'm the kind able to do "search" months before buying a gadget, and I guest in the fitness world I have shitton of material I can get lost into :P).

Those home gyms looked interesting (but now that I check dimension, my basement is not super high, like 81 inches high, and some go beyond that... -- that might unfortunately be a practical problem for me -- Unless I do some ceiling tweaking to make something fit at one specific place, but I would have to be convinced that is what I "want" -- and I am not there yet!).

If some of you did their search or know their thing... what kind of exercise can we do with a good bench, like is there some good website with a good checklist and suggestions very well organized you like? And what accessories will you buy to go along with it? (I guest I would need some dumb bells for example to do a lot of these exercises) -- Actually good resource can also not be limited to benches.

Some of those Marcy benches looked to have a lot of features (and it is more compact than those home gyms), can do bench press, leg extension with weight (which not all bench have as an option), etc. But I think they're not considered as good quality as those fitness reality benches, but still, are they a good options for features?

I guest someone who know what they do can get a good workout with compact size equipment at home (maybe even use those cheap resistance bands combined with some dumbbell, kettlebell, chin up bar, etc.).
Think you need to consider what your fitness goals are before committing to any equipment. Is it size? Weight loss? Just general wellness?

IMO a weight bench isn't very useful without a barbell and at least a weight rack of some sort. Ideally a full size cage is best but given your height restriction in the basement that's unlikely. Sure a bench is convenient, but unless you know what exercises you plan on needing it for. You can likely do most of the exercises standing up or lying down on the ground. In my use case it's really only bench press and pec related workouts that I need the bench for. I much prefer standing on most lifts just for general core stability and balance.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
If you're pretty wide or used to standard flat benches you may find the backrest a bit narrow. The FR1000 Is 12" at the widest point while this one is 10". If the backrest was wider it'd be perfect for the price, don't know why they went with 10" even after the update. Yes 2 inches makes a huge difference Winking Face
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: If you're pretty wide or used to standard flat benches you may find the backrest a bit narrow. The FR1000 Is 12" at the widest point while this one is 10". If the backrest was wider it'd be perfect for the price, don't know why they went with 10" even after the update. Yes 2 inches makes a huge difference Winking Face
Flushed Face
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
One of the first things I did when I got my bench a couple years ago was reverse the backrest so it was wider at the top. Narrower in the middle isn't a big deal at all.

Just to add to the imagery. 2 inches indeed. My bench is interestingly shaped now! 🤣

FR2000.jpg