Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fitness Reality 2816 Steel J-Hooks, Set of 2, Fits 2" x 2" Racks $38

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2021 12:55 pm
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2228 posts
2152 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks. Gave up waiting for the kit to go back to sub 200
Jun 7, 2013
448 posts
353 upvotes
KANATA
These j hooks, original with rack, are horrible.
Just look at them... They are going to destroy your bar.
Aug 26, 2012
113 posts
124 upvotes
London
Not a perfect solution, but you can pad them with felt, or buy uhmw tape. I made a DIY squat rack that uses plumbing parts as j hooks, and I just padded them with felt and it works really well
Mar 16, 2011
824 posts
225 upvotes
I got that rack with these hooks, currently have a beater barbell, but when I upgrade bars am definitely gonna pad these and possibly get those YES4ALL ones eventually that look more robust and better padded... Does anyone have a good solution for padding these Fitness Reality ones?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
4408 posts
4493 upvotes
These ones are garbage. Get yes4all if they’re available.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
I don't have these and would definitely recommend the yes4all when they are available over these if you can wait.

But for a cheap fix that works and is easily replaceable once it wears out you can use felt furniture pads. They're cheap and available pretty much everywhere.

I did that to the included FR810XLT pegs to protect the barbell. I also added them to the front lip of my yes4all j hooks for any time I need to roll the bar forward.

You could easily add them to these in the same manner.
20210401_165939.jpg
20210401_170000.jpg
Mar 16, 2011
824 posts
225 upvotes
Caerus wrote: I don't have these and would definitely recommend the yes4all when they are available over these if you can wait.

But for a cheap fix that works and is easily replaceable once it wears out you can use felt furniture pads. They're cheap and available pretty much everywhere.

I did that to the included FR810XLT pegs to protect the barbell. I also added them to the front lip of my yes4all j hooks for any time I need to roll the bar forward.

You could easily add them to these in the same manner.

20210401_165939.jpg20210401_170000.jpg
Thanks for the info! I actually will probably do this to hold me over till I get the Yes4All ones.

Also, thats the Synergy Regional barbell right? How do you like it? I'm concerned with the spin as it has the needle bearings. I know it's spin is good for Olympic lifts, but I hear for some it's a bit odd for heavy bench press, certain people find bearing barbells a bit unstable, do you notice this at all? Debating debating between this and the Rhino bar, don't really do Oly lifts, mainly the SBD movements
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
PureSolidness wrote: Thanks for the info! I actually will probably do this to hold me over till I get the Yes4All ones.

Also, thats the Synergy Regional barbell right? How do you like it? I'm concerned with the spin as it has the needle bearings. I know it's spin is good for Olympic lifts, but I hear for some it's a bit odd for heavy bench press, certain people find bearing barbells a bit unstable, do you notice this at all? Debating debating between this and the Rhino bar, don't really do Oly lifts, mainly the SBD movements
It's not the Regional, it's the cheaper Synergee Open barbell. I actually chose this one not necessarily because of the price, but because it used 2 needle bearings instead of 5 per side. It still has a 1000lb capacity so that's plenty for me.

You might think 2 is crap, why not get 5?

My rationale for this bar is that I'm only going to have 1 at home, and I wanted it to be well rounded and capable of doing everything. I do Olympic lifts casually, and powerlift more often. The Regional has 5 needle bearings per side, which is great for Olympic lifts, but yes, sucks for bench and squat. It can create that endless spin, and when you're benching, all that free rotation turns into wrist, forearm, and grip compensation on the shaft. It's not pleasant. You really need to focus on stability and wobble, watch your wrists, etc.

The Open bar, having only 2 needle bearings per side, offers enough spin on the times I want to do Olympic lifts, but not excessively so that I can't use it for powerlifting as well. My bench isn't the greatest, but I've done 235lbs feeling pretty stable. Still need to concentrate a bit more than if I were using a bushing based bar though. But it provides a happy medium overall without needing to buy 1 bushing and 1 bearing for each type of lift.

But if you're talking about the Regional and you do primarily the big 3, I'd definitely avoid it and go for the Rhino. Especially if you lift any substantial amount of weight. You don't want the kind of spin the Regional will give you for the type of lifts you do. Also, the Regional doesn't have a centre knurl, so if you're used to having it for squats it's another thing you'll need to adjust to.
Mar 16, 2011
824 posts
225 upvotes
Caerus wrote: It's not the Regional, it's the cheaper Synergee Open barbell. I actually chose this one not necessarily because of the price, but because it used 2 needle bearings instead of 5 per side. It still has a 1000lb capacity so that's plenty for me.

You might think 2 is crap, why not get 5?

My rationale for this bar is that I'm only going to have 1 at home, and I wanted it to be well rounded and capable of doing everything. I do Olympic lifts casually, and powerlift more often. The Regional has 5 needle bearings per side, which is great for Olympic lifts, but yes, sucks for bench and squat. It can create that endless spin, and when you're benching, all that free rotation turns into wrist, forearm, and grip compensation on the shaft. It's not pleasant. You really need to focus on stability and wobble, watch your wrists, etc.

The Open bar, having only 2 needle bearings per side, offers enough spin on the times I want to do Olympic lifts, but not excessively so that I can't use it for powerlifting as well. My bench isn't the greatest, but I've done 235lbs feeling pretty stable. Still need to concentrate a bit more than if I were using a bushing based bar though. But it provides a happy medium overall without needing to buy 1 bushing and 1 bearing for each type of lift.

But if you're talking about the Regional and you do primarily the big 3, I'd definitely avoid it and go for the Rhino. Especially if you lift any substantial amount of weight. You don't want the kind of spin the Regional will give you for the type of lifts you do. Also, the Regional doesn't have a centre knurl, so if you're used to having it for squats it's another thing you'll need to adjust to.

Amazing info, exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to know.
THANKS! Definitelyy makes sense with the less bearings = less spin, I may have to add the Open to my list of barbells to research now! Ordered some Rogue echo V2 bumpers that finally came in stock and they should be here in a week or so. Have a beater bar to hold me over but once I get the nice plates I'll probably be on a short track to find a nice bar. Had the Regional, Rhino, my friends Rogue Bar 2.0 in the running, now another member suggested the Bell of Steel Powerbar and this Open doesn't sound like a bad one either.

Haven't done oly/fast lifts at all really in almost 10yrs so seriously gotta think if Im actually gonna start doing them again or if im just saying I'm gonna do them and end up just doing my regular SBDs like usual lol
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
PureSolidness wrote: Amazing info, exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to know.
THANKS! Definitelyy makes sense with the less bearings = less spin, I may have to add the Open to my list of barbells to research now! Ordered some Rogue echo V2 bumpers that finally came in stock and they should be here in a week or so. Have a beater bar to hold me over but once I get the nice plates I'll probably be on a short track to find a nice bar. Had the Regional, Rhino, my friends Rogue Bar 2.0 in the running, now another member suggested the Bell of Steel Powerbar and this Open doesn't sound like a bad one either.

Haven't done oly/fast lifts at all really in almost 10yrs so seriously gotta think if Im actually gonna start doing them again or if im just saying I'm gonna do them and end up just doing my regular SBDs like usual lol
The million dollar question right there Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes. That would eliminate a few options right away.

I don't have any experience with Bells of Steel powerbars, but I do have their Open Trap Bar 3.0 and it's fantastic, especially for the price. So at least in that instance I can say they make a quality product. Quite a few people here have also bought the Rhino bar. So if you go with BoS, Synergee, or Rogue, I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of them.