[Amazon.ca] Floor Register with Wicker Design $8.75 - Addon Item

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2020 2:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5843 posts
4798 upvotes
Calgary
Paulie1RFD wrote: Buy them at Lowes and collect Air Miles!
And avoid the Amazon gets all business model too.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8756 posts
2737 upvotes
$11.50 at Lowes for the 4x10
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3464 posts
832 upvotes
There is a limit of 5 from Amazon, bought 8 for the first floor from Lowe's with $10 off coupon.

Thinking of buying black ones for the bedrooms or should i keep them the same?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1326 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
Do not buy these ones with the plastic damper boxes, especially for carpet areas. Although the top is metal, whenever they get stepped on, they will flex and then the plastic damper underneath will break. I bought them for all over my house when I did a reno. I replaced my damaged ones with ones with all metal damper boxes. Checked my Amazon history and I bought them for around $20 each, but we'll worth the money. But to my surprise, they are now selling for $11, so they are a no brainier for a few bucks more then the ones in the OP.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00QXJUQC4/ref ... jFb611DWGV
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1512 posts
364 upvotes
I have the Accord Select in Marquis style from Lowes. I can confirm that the whole thing is made of metal other than the damper switch cap which is plastic (the switch arm itself is also metal.) I think this is the only style where the whole thing is metal. If you need 5 or more of these floor registers, you might as well buy them from Lowes and apply the $10 email coupon. The 3"x10" is $10, the 4"x10" is $11 and they have 2 cast iron variations as well for $10.50 and $11 for the same respective sizes as the steel ones.
Feb 23, 2017
252 posts
194 upvotes
What kind of terrible register positioning do you guys have where you are constantly stepping on them ? I've never lived in a house where stepping on my registers was a concern.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2432 posts
1071 upvotes
Surrey
I bought the similar one from Lowe's. But the top part comes apart after a while. Went back to regular ones.
Oct 14, 2014
11 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thank you to all contributors. Goodbye to white plastic registers!
Jan 13, 2008
466 posts
433 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Elysianlight wrote: What kind of terrible register positioning do you guys have where you are constantly stepping on them ? I've never lived in a house where stepping on my registers was a concern.
I have one right in front of the backyard french patio door, and many other in front of windows. Can you not step on them? Yes, if you pay attention, but not everybody does.
Like @hssironman said, the plastic mechanism does break in time from stepping on that switch.
Aug 30, 2013
622 posts
538 upvotes
prairies
I bought a bunch of the iron black ones last year. Can't remember if it was a similar sale price or the BOGO deal. Also used the $10 off coupon a couple of times over a couple of orders. Either way, they were great value.
We got new dark flooring and the registers look sleek.
They are heavy iron so they have a lot of weight to them and do not scratch, chip, etc. No need to ever paint. I have some in the bathroom and no rust either.
Really happy with them.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3138 posts
308 upvotes
Ottawa
Mine arrived today, They look Great!
Hello