Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Fluance Ai60 6.5" Powered Bookshelf Speakers Bluetooth - $268 Sound Bar Killer

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Fluance Ai60 6.5" Powered Bookshelf Speakers Bluetooth - $268 Sound Bar Killer

Fluance Ai60 Powered Bookshelf Speakers with Bluetooth Aptx - $268 (regular $400+)
- 6.5" woofer. Fluance claims a frequency response of 35Hz-20Khz with DSP
- Optical Input
- RCA Input
- Subwoofer Out
- Includes remote control

Fluance Direct (free shipping + free returns 30 days): https://www.fluance.com/powered-2-0-blu ... cky-bamboo

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Performance-Books ... B07MH2X3CP

Also:
Fluance Ai40W 5" Powered Bookshelf Speakers with Bluetooth Aptx
$225 + free shipping

https://www.fluance.com/powered-2-0-blu ... ite-walnut

Amazon.ca also has it for $225
https://www.amazon.ca/Bookshelf-Amplifi ... YRC5N?th=1
Last edited by RFDQ1016 on Dec 17th, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
97 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
The black Friday code expired, but it's still available for $225 without a code. If you buy direct from fluance, you get a free 30 day in home trial with free 2 way shipping
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1633 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
Great sounding speakers. I bought a pair from Amazon Warehouse for $180 and they ended up being BNIB.

Easy recommendation if you use BT, due to the Aptx, which is not common at this price point. It would be nice to have Aptx HD but only notable speakers that have those are Audioengines, which are significantly more expensive.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1787 posts
810 upvotes
Home
Does aptx actually make a noticeable difference?
Apr 24, 2014
244 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These speakers are great. Please note that i've had trouble hooking them up to my computer. There is a whining when NO sound is going through and an application is active. It also will sometimes just fail as the computer looks for drivers, drops, looks for drivers, drops. So you gotta switch sound ports.

Overall they are working great and I highly recommend. Beautiful speakers too.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1153 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
Tempted but for myself I think I would lean towards the Edifier equivalents just because of the lack of grills and I have little hands running around the house and pets also. Only way I can use these are on a high cabinet to keep them safe.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4464 posts
1443 upvotes
Vancouver
Sephran wrote: These speakers are great. Please note that i've had trouble hooking them up to my computer. There is a whining when NO sound is going through and an application is active. It also will sometimes just fail as the computer looks for drivers, drops, looks for drivers, drops. So you gotta switch sound ports.

Overall they are working great and I highly recommend. Beautiful speakers too.
I haven't heard that with mine but you may want to try using an inexpensive DAC with USB in from the PC and then running the RCA output to the ai40's.

I mention that because my sound ports from my motherboard had some issues when a 3rd party fan was added.

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4464 posts
1443 upvotes
Vancouver
A feature of the remote control is that when you are connected via bluetooth and streaming music, it has a next track or previous track option.

I use my ai40's in my workout room (aka the garage) and have the remote velcro'd to be close at hand. No need to touch my phone\tablet to skip to the next track.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
mikistan wrote: These wone work with a receiver will they?
They are self powered. No receiver needed, and they won't work with one either
Jan 21, 2018
8 posts
14 upvotes
Quick note if you get them and you have whining noise like I did it's probably a ground loop issue, I just bought a ground loop isolater from aukey and no more noise
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3170 posts
2044 upvotes
Langley
How is this a sound bar killer?

How would you hook it up to TV?
Dec 29, 2016
258 posts
457 upvotes
Any input on how this compares to the edifier r2000db?

I got one on Amazon for on sale last week
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12314 posts
1866 upvotes
Kanata
jellytime wrote: How is this a sound bar killer?

How would you hook it up to TV?
Most soundbars are limited in terms of midrange. A typical soundbar setup will have tweeters and a woofer, which covers a wide range of the audio spectrum but is missing the critical midrange area. These speakers, while not having a dedicated woofer setup, cover the midrange, which is what gives audio the depth. Granted, I only have a lower end Samsung 2.1 soundbar setup but when listening to music, it is clearly evident that I am missing the depth and "warmth" of the sound that I hear from a better setup in my car, which has a better midrange/tweeter/woofer setup.
Use the RCA inputs on the speaker to connect from the TV.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2448 posts
61 upvotes
How well do these perform as computer speakers without an external subwoofer?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12314 posts
1866 upvotes
Kanata
nuberific wrote: How well do these perform as computer speakers without an external subwoofer?
What are your expectations?? if you want something more computer based, you could save $100 and get the Logitech Z623 setup instead. It is a great 2.1 setup with bass that is actually too much and has to be turned down, imo.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2448 posts
61 upvotes
I'm looking for a set up without a subwoofer. I can appreciate quality audio but am certainly not an audiophile. In terms of bass, I just don't want to feel it's missing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
nuberific wrote: I'm looking for a set up without a subwoofer. I can appreciate quality audio but am certainly not an audiophile. In terms of bass, I just don't want to feel it's missing.
These supposedly go down to 40hz with DSP. Unless you listen at very high volumes, these should be good. Give it a try, Fluance has free trial and free returns
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1460 posts
1160 upvotes
St Catharines
I RFD wrote: Does aptx actually make a noticeable difference?
Yup. I have a bluetooth receiver dongle with AptX. With AptX enabled, there are much less compression artifacts and the frequency response range is greater. Not always noticeable but when listening to music with a drum solo for example, the cymbals sound MUCH cleaner.