Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fluance Ai60 6.5" Powered Bookshelf Speakers Bluetooth - $268 Sound Bar Killer

Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
mikistan wrote: What was wrong with yours!?

My credit card was charged on the 19th and UPS still is sitting with "label creatd" since 12/23

Very frustrating - i specifically ordered from the Fluance website instead of Amazon to cut out the middle man and make sure this canadian company gets all the business - and now I'm sitting without money and without a product for longer than the 3-5 business days shipping they claim.

I get it, maybe they all had the week off for Xmas or whatever, but come on ... if you are charging customers you need to at least give the products to UPS sigh
Nothing wrong, decided to keep my old setup
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1140 posts
379 upvotes
mikistan wrote: What was wrong with yours!?

My credit card was charged on the 19th and UPS still is sitting with "label creatd" since 12/23

Very frustrating - i specifically ordered from the Fluance website instead of Amazon to cut out the middle man and make sure this canadian company gets all the business - and now I'm sitting without money and without a product for longer than the 3-5 business days shipping they claim.

I get it, maybe they all had the week off for Xmas or whatever, but come on ... if you are charging customers you need to at least give the products to UPS sigh
My order was similar but the tracking number with canada post did eventually trace and then the shipping was very quick. I too ordered directly from the store however, the item (very heavy) came in an Amazon box and was sent via amazon, which I found odd.
Aug 19, 2019
106 posts
85 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Literally just shipped mine back for return....... even had to pay $40 postage
Why did you have to pay return shipping? They sent me a return UPS label no problem.

I was very happy with their service so ordered my new speakers right through Fluance as well a couple weeks ago.
Didn't have any shipping update for a few days and then they suddenly showed up at my door in an Amazon box.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
Should I complain about this?

one speaker has a scratch on it at the top. not that concerned considering that the speaker will be in a wall unit.

one of the cones is inverted on the passive speaker, will this cause a problem apart from looking bad?
Images
  • 81034004_981967598852147_8076098568860991488_n.jpg
  • 81279544_606758366767417_4187565874917408768_n.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
dreaderus wrote: Should I complain about this?

one of the cones is inverted on the passive speaker, will this cause a problem apart from looking bad?
Your image is too dark to see the inverted cone. I would return them regardless. Sounds like you were sent speakers from two separate returns that were combined to make a set that should have been returned to the Fluance.

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
yeah its just "pushed in" not something id expect in a new speaker.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
what I find interesting is you describe it as a passive speaker. There is no passive speaker on the ai60. They are all active drivers.

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
NewsyL wrote: what I find interesting is you describe it as a passive speaker. There is no passive speaker on the ai60. They are all active drivers.
if you read the instructions the one with the actual inputs/power is referred to as active, the other one is passive.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
dreaderus wrote: if you read the instructions the one with the actual inputs/power is referred to as active, the other one is passive.
Ahh. Gotcha! Thanks.

I was thinking passive as in the secondary cone\diaphragm some subwoofers or speakers like the Vanatoo's use, where there is no magnetic coil on the cone\diaphragm.

https://vanatoo.com/shop/speakers/trans ... ne-encore/

Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
So the active unit has the scratch on top and the passive unit has the inverted cone?

It really does seem to me that someone took a couple of returns, put the undamaged units together to sell, the damaged units together for a factory return\write off, and you got shipped the damaged units.

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
yes here is a better pic of the pressed cone.
Images
  • 81452772_2435353286779400_4858363092796440576_n.jpg
Sep 23, 2014
750 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dreaderus wrote: yes here is a better pic of the pressed cone.
That looks very bad. Silk domes are very fragile, and dent like that will affect the sound negatively. Also once the diaphram settles, it becomes almost impossible to fix.
I'd suggest to contact Fluance right away and get yours replaced, that's clearly a defect.
Last edited by LockAndKey on Jan 5th, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
Yup, really bad!! Completely unacceptable.

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
NewsyL wrote: Ahh. Gotcha! Thanks.

I was thinking passive as in the secondary cone\diaphragm some subwoofers or speakers like the Vanatoo's use, where there is no magnetic coil on the cone\diaphragm.

https://vanatoo.com/shop/speakers/trans ... ne-encore/

Cool I am going to ship it back, also when silent what would cause the speakers to make weird pop noises randomly?

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
LockAndKey wrote: That looks very bad. Silk domes are very fragile, and dent like that will affect the sound negatively. Also once the diaphram settles, it becomes almost impossible to fix.
I'd suggest to contact Fluance right away and get yours replaced, that's clearly a defect.
I contacted amazon/seller from amazon.ca waiting for a reply to do an exchange. I am assuming that if I don't do it right i'l get a refund and have to rebuy them at regular price trying to avoid that
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
dreaderus wrote: I contacted amazon/seller from amazon.ca waiting for a reply to do an exchange. I am assuming that if I don't do it right i'l get a refund and have to rebuy them at regular price trying to avoid that
Shoptronics ran me around for a while then dumped me to amazon where the only option is to return them for a refund of which a new pair is now $400 yet shoptronics is still selling them on the site.

Gotta love this machine level customer service!
Sep 23, 2014
750 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dreaderus wrote: Shoptronics ran me around for a while then dumped me to amazon where the only option is to return them for a refund of which a new pair is now $400 yet shoptronics is still selling them on the site.

Gotta love this machine level customer service!
That is unfortunate, this is why i don't buy from third party, too high risk with shitty customer service. Also most manufactures (Fluance, Kanto) won't honor warranty if bought from unauthorized reseller.

I'd suggest to get your money back and wait for another sale, damage like that is pretty much permanent for that speaker.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
Follow up: Amazon made it right after escalation. they are adjusting the price of new ones i ordered and I am shipping back the originals for a refund.