Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] FoodSaver Gallon Heat Seal Pre-Cut Bags (32 Count)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 4:39 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2008
18 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] FoodSaver Gallon Heat Seal Pre-Cut Bags (32 Count)

Also on clearance for the same price at thebay.com
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4824 posts
878 upvotes
Is this a better deal than buying this roll?
https://www.amazon.ca/Freshlocker-Vacuu ... th=1&psc=1

I've been using this freshlocker roll with my foodsaver for a while. It works well with it.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4637 posts
6349 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Any deals on vacuum sealers? I tried one of Amazon's cheap brands and it didn't work at all. Zero suction power.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2006
1098 posts
451 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Even at this discounted price, 3rd party rolls/pre-cut bags still beat foodsaver brand bag prices.
yes and any suggestion for the 3rd party rolls?

THanks
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19446 posts
28227 upvotes
ONTARIO
skyngai wrote: yes and any suggestion for the 3rd party rolls?

THanks
The freshlocker ones mentioned above are good. I am using the 8" x 12 " 100 count pre-cut ones right now and never had a single issue.

Plan to try these ones next (11" x 16" - 120 count)
https://www.amazon.ca/TINVOO-16-inch-Co ... ery&sr=8-4
Only $35.99 (no tax) after coupon.

Edit: oops you specifically said rolls.

Well any Freshlocker branded rolls should be fine. I've used their pre-cut ones and really like them.
Dec 17, 2017
271 posts
194 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Any deals on vacuum sealers? I tried one of Amazon's cheap brands and it didn't work at all. Zero suction power.
I heard the nesco brand is good. I’ve only ever had foodsaver brand. I would check Costco as they have sales every quarter or so.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17532 posts
10306 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nikhilvoid wrote: Any deals on vacuum sealers? I tried one of Amazon's cheap brands and it didn't work at all. Zero suction power.
The best deal I've found on vacuum sealers is on Craigslist as people sell them all of the time when they figure out they can't be bothered in using them. Last Winter, I got a FoodSaver that CT normally sells for $180 for $30 brand new in the box (everything was still taped up) because the original owner couldn't be bothered to take it out of his garage and actually use it.
Nov 23, 2014
83 posts
96 upvotes
Regina, SK
skyngai wrote: yes and any suggestion for the 3rd party rolls?

THanks
I like the Cabela’s bags:
Here...

8”x12” bags are $35 for 100, regular price.

I really like the 6”x10” bags (100 for $25). They are a great size and I find much less waste than the larger bags.

I have no idea what their shipping policy and I don’t shop there often enough to know whether or not they ever go on sale but they are a decent reg price. Good quality too, imo.

I haven’t used their rolls but they have rolls too.
Here...
Jan 3, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Any deals on vacuum sealers?
Here is the Food Saver Game Saver on Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N76 ... UTF8&psc=1 ,
on for $119 right now.

I picked this up in 2017 after ordering one of their fancier models. I had previously used a basic food saver and was often delayed waiting for the cool down period. With the fancier models (V4400) it was brutal to use as it was very finicky with the auto bag detect. I returned it to amazon and found the game saver on for $159, regular $179. In 2018 I saw it on sale in a local Coop flyer for $159.

This summer my parents wanted to borrow one to freeze some garden fresh berries. They asked that I find and buy one for them. I checked Amazon and my model, the one linked above, was still at $179. A quick check on CCC showed it had gone on sale twice in the last year at $117! So I figured I'd wait it out and sure enough within a couple of weeks it went on sale for $117+change. So the above price of $119 is hot deal for this model, you won't be disappointed.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27826 posts
13425 upvotes
Want to spend about $1000?
Seriously consider a chamber. It's a HUGE upfront cost, but the cost per bag is significantly cheaper.

I've had a half dozen Foodsavers over a decade and every single one of them sucked.
I used them on average about once a week. I switched to a chamber sealer and I average about one use per day.

It totally sounds ridiculous up front, but the thing literally pays for itself.

If you want to do some "light" reading, I wrote a giant post about it:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/viewtop ... p=26942565