Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] FORTNITE MONOPOLY $18.67

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 6:37 pm
[OP]
Member
Aug 15, 2018
404 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] FORTNITE MONOPOLY $18.67

Fortnite Monopoly is on sale for $18.67 which is a pretty good deal as it's quite popular right now. Would make for a great present for some young avid Fortnite fan. It's $24.99 everywhere and $49.99 at specialty stores. Possible PM at BestBuy but only a $0.60 difference, which wouldn't even make up for gas, unless you don't have amazon prime. It's very different from the regular monopoly but tons of fun regardless.

EDIT: There's no reason to downvote if it's not for you. Let someone else who wants it have a look.
Last edited by Nexus1172 on Dec 12th, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
3586 posts
2167 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Please do not give the gift of Fortnite to your children this year. Maybe Factorio or Modded Minecraft, something with a bit more stimulation ;)
---
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1218 posts
1496 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
>Monopoly
>Fortnite

What a time to be alive.

I'm still holding out for Fortnite Mac 'n' Cheese!
[OP]
Member
Aug 15, 2018
404 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
kanechart wrote: Please do not give the gift of Fortnite to your children this year. Maybe Factorio or Modded Minecraft, something with a bit more stimulation ;)
I wouldn't personally use it myself, but a lot of kids have this on the top of their lists.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1702 posts
1154 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: >Monopoly
>Fortnite

What a time to be alive.

I'm still holding out for Fortnite Mac 'n' Cheese!

I’ll have a Battle Royale with Cheese!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 24, 2008
3218 posts
1115 upvotes
Toronto
This would be great for a future yard sale...
4 years of pain for Ontario...
[OP]
Member
Aug 15, 2018
404 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
Little Tim wrote: This would be great for a future yard sale...
Just for reference, they were sold out for a bit, and no one knew when it's gonna be back and these were selling for $50+ on ebay. It's $20 and would actually make someone happy. Not a bad deal even at full price (which I paid 2 weeks ago btw)
Member
Nov 30, 2009
258 posts
333 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
As someone who plays a lot of Fortnite I gotta say, this looks like a really badly wasted opportunity. Replacing the tokens with paper cards instead of models make it look very cheap. Looks like they are removing any visuals of guns so it's not perceived as violent when that's what the entire game is about. It's not actually Monopoly, with different rules, and I'm sure to small kids Fortnite is a much more widely known name than Monopoly so why bother attaching the brand name?

It's probably fine as a cheap gift for any kid who'll want anything with Fortnite slapped on it but wouldn't expect it to be used more than a few times.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2867 posts
2098 upvotes
Kitchener
I got it at Walmart 2 weeks ago... will they give me the difference?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 24GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
[OP]
Member
Aug 15, 2018
404 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
NowJoJo wrote: I got it at Walmart 2 weeks ago... will they give me the difference?
They might. BestBuy does it for sure, but if you're going to go to Walmart for groceries there's no harm in asking.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
Nexus1172 wrote: Just for reference, they were sold out for a bit, and no one knew when it's gonna be back and these were selling for $50+ on ebay. It's $20 and would actually make someone happy. Not a bad deal even at full price (which I paid 2 weeks ago btw)
I'm...so sorry...
[OP]
Member
Aug 15, 2018
404 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
crystallight wrote: I'm...so sorry...
It's only a $6 difference and was a pretty good item to gift to a 12 year old. Obviously it's not for everyone, but kids, in general, are really happy to see this.
Sr. Member
Oct 7, 2017
675 posts
1083 upvotes
The Fortnite hate is so unwarranted. Just because it’s popular. Reminds me of all the hate Bieber got as a teenager. There’s nothing wrong with the game, if it’s not for you, then just move along. No need to waste time hating on this when it’s a great buy since it will get kids interested in a board game and possibly spend some time off the screen for at least a few minutes.
[OP]
Member
Aug 15, 2018
404 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: The Fortnite hate is so unwarranted. Just because it’s popular. Reminds me of all the hate Bieber got as a teenager. There’s nothing wrong with the game, if it’s not for you, then just move along. No need to waste time hating on this when it’s a great buy since it will get kids interested in a board game and possibly spend some time off the screen for at least a few minutes.
Couldn't agree more. You might think that it's so weird and all, but for sure it'll make a kids day.

Top