635 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Free games with Amazon Prime - January 2021

New freebies for Prime Gaming subscribers! Free Games for January 2021 include:

Void Bastards
Bridge Constructor Playground
Alt-Frequencies
Along the Edge
When Ski Lifts Go Wrong

Go to https://gaming.amazon.com/home to add them to your account.

Alternatively you can also go to https://www.amazongames.com/en-ca/suppo ... k748qmfxxj to get the Amazon games app and add the games to your account.
Last edited by woob on Jan 9th, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Don't use the Prime Games Website, useless, can't even download the Prime Games installer from there. The Prime Games Canadian website shoots you off to a bad link of the old Twitch Games App in the Microsoft Store and the Prime Games app isn't in the Microsoft Store still. Edit: They have JUST FIXED IT NOW (January 8 2021 11:16AM Eastern) so it doesn't send you off to the Microsoft Store, but the website is still useless, the website just loads Prime Games app to download, you might as well just use the app on your computer instead of constantly having to switching between the Prime Games APP and the WEBSITE over and over and over.

Download the Prime Games Windows software here (Canadian Link) and install it:
https://www.amazongames.com/en-ca/suppo ... k748qmfxxj

Login with your Amazon Prime account (must be a Prime member), claim and download ON THE WINDOWS SOFTWARE (not the website) free full retail Windows PC Games or Loot/Add-on's for your existing games every month.

This months good game is:
Void Bastards (a first person shooter that retails for $33.99 on Steam).

The SNK Arcade games are also great fun if you are into retro gaming.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4750 posts
2225 upvotes
Always rush to add these then never touch em again. Not sure why I'm even claiming the League of Legends skins when I haven't touched the game in like 3 years, haha.

Thanks for the heads up though.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9469 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Link says .com ?
Don't forget to grab the SNK arcade games before they vanish as well, some good stuff in there!!!

Prime Gaming always says .com , it will redirect you to login as Amazon Prime Canada if needed.

Just use the app and download the game, the website is USELESS, all it does is launch the APP.

In case you are reading this didn't know you get free games with Amazon Prime here is the link to download the Prime Gaming app for Windows PC:
Apr 16, 2011
858 posts
424 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Always rush to add these then never touch em again. Not sure why I'm even claiming the League of Legends skins when I haven't touched the game in like 3 years, haha.

Thanks for the heads up though.
It never fails to amaze me how toxic the LoL community is. I pop in every now and then and someone always ends up ruining the game.
Jan 20, 2007
331 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
Woah, I actually had 31 other games available to claim as well...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9469 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
w01f wrote: Woah, I actually had 31 other games available to claim as well...
Been claiming ALL of them and not downloading?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3506 posts
774 upvotes
I see you in canada. Lets do it boss... +1 OP
Jan 17, 2015
297 posts
262 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
oooo. Always wanted to play Bridge Constructor
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1208 posts
224 upvotes
What was AAA game offered few days ago?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19104 posts
5541 upvotes
Decided to just add everything to my account, even stuff I haven't started to play yet like Assassin's Creed Valhalla...
Nov 3, 2013
591 posts
784 upvotes
Regina, SK
I always forget to check for these, thanks for the reminder!
Jan 20, 2007
331 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
yuprules wrote: Been claiming ALL of them and not downloading?
lol, I actually couldn't find out where to download... gave up for a while.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1086 posts
819 upvotes
Airdrie
I'm having trouble finding a ton of information on prime gaming if anyone can help me out. I guess it used to be called prime twitch. These are PC only games at this point correct? And do the games require the use of a launcher at all (like steam, gog, and the like...)?

Thanks in advance!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14407 posts
3441 upvotes
Can i play these games on firestick?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9469 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
w01f wrote: lol, I actually couldn't find out where to download... gave up for a while.
Yes, it's quite confusing. The trick is, FORGET the website, all the website does is LAUNCH the Windows Prime Games software, so the website is useless LOL. Even dumber is the Prime Games website shoots you off to the Windows Microsoft store on your computer, the Twitch app is GONE so you can't download the Prime Games front end software, whoops!

The ONLY place to download the Prime Games software ONLY to claim and download/install your games onto your computer is the Prime Games website (Canadian link):
mcwilly wrote: I'm having trouble finding a ton of information on prime gaming if anyone can help me out. I guess it used to be called prime twitch. These are PC only games at this point correct? And do the games require the use of a launcher at all (like steam, gog, and the like...)?

Thanks in advance!
Amazon split off Twitch as a separate company (they own Twitch), I guess they want to keep their Prime Gaming separate from their Twitch streaming. What you do is install the game via the Prime Games Windows software (link is just a few lines up), then it's installed on your computer. You don't need the Prime Games software to start the game, it will create an icon to start the game. The announcement was made here: https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/10/2135 ... ng-rebrand

HOWEVER, if Prime Games ever shuts down or the game vanishes off the store, you can't reinstall the game. The install game will STILL work, but you can't transfer it to a new PC as you don't have the setup files for the game. The game is NOT tied to Prime Games with some "online check". They simply install the game on your PC, then the transaction is done.
kiasu wrote: Can i play these games on firestick?
Games are Windows PC only. Free Loot / Add-ons for games you own depends on what games you have linked to your account.
Last edited by yuprules on Jan 8th, 2021 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19104 posts
5541 upvotes
Games are Windows PC only. Perks though depend on your systems. Been using the ones for Destiny 2 on my linked Xbox and Playstation accounts. Just go to Amanda in the hangar and they are all there...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9469 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
DougO wrote: Decided to just add everything to my account, even stuff I haven't started to play yet like Assassin's Creed Valhalla...
Whoa, there was Assassin's Creed Valhalla? Arrggh, I missed it, I didn't buy that game!

By the way, you should get Void Bastard's free from Prime Games, it is a decent First Person Shooter. It's $33.99 (regular price) on Steam.
Nov 30, 2017
149 posts
89 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Whoa, there was Assassin's Creed Valhalla? Arrggh, I missed it, I didn't buy that game!

By the way, you should get Void Bastard's free from Prime Games, it is a decent First Person Shooter. It's $33.99 (regular price) on Steam.
It’s only free bonus items, not the game itself so you didn’t miss much.

Does anyone know how much information is Amazon sharing with the 3rd party? Is it only the log in ID or it’s a lot more?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9469 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
RichardMan wrote: It’s only free bonus items, not the game itself so you didn’t miss much.

Does anyone know how much information is Amazon sharing with the 3rd party? Is it only the log in ID or it’s a lot more?
They don't have a EULA for Prime Gaming. When I clicked on Privacy on the Canadian Prime Gaming website it shot me off to the Amazon.ca Privacy page so, I guess ALLLLLL this:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... =201909010

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave everything to third party, Amazon is WORSE than Google when it comes to privacy. Just look at their Smart Speaker privacy, it's so vague it sounds like they sold your voice EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER. The new feature even links your Alexa to other Alexa's/Doorbells/Cameras and makes a Wifi MESH by DEFAULT (not in Canada...yet). So you can imagine what they are doing with your Prime Gaming information.

Nothing is free in life, they are making money off you somehow.
Last edited by yuprules on Jan 8th, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.