Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Free games with Amazon Prime - January 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2021 3:24 pm
Nov 15, 2020
12 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks. I always forget to check this, but I've been meaning to get Void Bastards.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1090 posts
824 upvotes
Airdrie
yuprules wrote: HOWEVER, if Prime Games ever shuts down or the game vanishes off the store, you can't reinstall the game. The install game will STILL work, but you can't transfer it to a new PC as you don't have the setup files for the game. The game is NOT tied to Prime Games with some "online check". They simply install the game on your PC, then the transaction is done.
Thanks for all the info. I'm hoping I can copy the game file folders then keep them for the future use.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9487 posts
2061 upvotes
Montreal
mcwilly wrote: Thanks for all the info. I'm hoping I can copy the game file folders then keep them for the future use.
It doesn't work, if you change PC's you won't be able to play the game again if it's vanished off the Prime Game store (they lost the license to it for example).

When it used to be called Twitch, this happend to some people if they lost the license to the game. I see people re-downloading old games onto their new PC's all the time on reddit (they had installed it on an external drive but the games wouldn't work when they switched PC's)...BUT if the game is gone, you won't be able to reinstall the game anymore on your new PC.
May 26, 2020
47 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
Is prime gaming included with a normal prime membership? Are these desktop games, mobile games, what's the scoop? Forgive my ignorance.
May 27, 2008
293 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
It is included with your membership, just have to sign up/in. All PC games from what I seen (was just introduced to this a couples weeks ago as well). There was another thread 1-2 weeks ago where Battlefield 3 was free - not sure if it's still active.
Apr 28, 2010
372 posts
458 upvotes
Terrace
RiCHC3 wrote: Always rush to add these then never touch em again. Not sure why I'm even claiming the League of Legends skins when I haven't touched the game in like 3 years, haha.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Where did you find the LoL skins? I dont see them anywhere. TIA
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4755 posts
2245 upvotes
heero78 wrote: Where did you find the LoL skins? I dont see them anywhere. TIA
https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/lol9

Starts again January 15th, but this has been looping around for awhile now and is pretty much a constant promo.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9487 posts
2061 upvotes
Montreal
davi6030 wrote: Is prime gaming included with a normal prime membership? Are these desktop games, mobile games, what's the scoop? Forgive my ignorance.
There is only ONE yearly Amazon Prime Membership (to get free two day shipping), that one. They are FREE full Windows PC games digitally downloaded and add-on's for existing computer games (loot).

Amazon Music Membership doesn't Count :)
May 26, 2020
47 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
yuprules wrote: There is only ONE yearly Amazon Prime Membership (to get free two day shipping), that one. They are FREE full Windows PC games digitally downloaded and add-on's for existing computer games (loot).

Amazon Music Membership doesn't Count :)
Thanks, will any of them run on my Flex 5 with a 4500U? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Sep 8, 2020
34 posts
21 upvotes
Lol between this and Epic Games Free games, I'm overwhelmed. To the point I don't even really game much anymore ironically. Anyone else?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9321 posts
12248 upvotes
GT-EH
I still claim these through my twitch client - I just can't install any of them without the new Games client which I haven't downloaded yet.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9487 posts
2061 upvotes
Montreal
SpaceWaffle wrote: Lol between this and Epic Games Free games, I'm overwhelmed. To the point I don't even really game much anymore ironically. Anyone else?
Play them when you retire ;) Download them and don't throw out the PC for "xx" years.
davi6030 wrote: Thanks, will any of them run on my Flex 5 with a 4500U? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
All the SNK retro games will. The most of the PC games will be fine this month to run on your laptop.

Void Bastards (Decent first person shooter), doubtful, that CPU doesn't have Vega 8 graphics. But hey, it's free...try it, won't hurt.

Minimum:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Quad Core, 1.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
Storage: 6 GB available space
Nov 25, 2013
289 posts
211 upvotes
Hoth
I just want to know how we can claim our free in game add ons with AC Valhalla. When I click the Q reader code in game it just brings us to a usa site. I cant find it in Canada for some reason :O