Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Free games for Amazon Prime subscribers: The Spectrum Retreat and Lost Horizon

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 9:13 pm
[OP]
Jul 16, 2007
311 posts
635 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Free games for Amazon Prime subscribers: The Spectrum Retreat and Lost Horizon

Anyone with an Amazon Prime subscription also has Prime Gaming (AKA Twitch Prime).
Usually, the free games on Prime Gaming aren't exactly impressive, but the latest two additions are decent.

The Spectrum Retreat
A first-person puzzle game (full price value of $14.49 on Steam)

Lost Horizon
A point and click adventure game (full price value of $10.99 on Steam)

Enjoy! Pick up the games here before Dec 25. Lots of other free games available too.
https://gaming.amazon.com/home
Last edited by woob on Nov 28th, 2020 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
37 replies
Feb 3, 2015
166 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I had a lot of games to claim, what exactly is this service, was I on ice?
[OP]
Jul 16, 2007
311 posts
635 upvotes
FleshMoulder wrote: I had a lot of games to claim, what exactly is this service, was I on ice?
Like how Prime Video got Amazon into video streaming, Amazon is also branching into gaming. They add free games each month...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2263 posts
510 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I've been a prime subscriber for years and I didn't even realize this was available in Canada. Always assumed it was US prime only. That being said, I don't use twitch at all despite being an avid gamer, so I'm not surprised. Thanks for posting.
Oct 28, 2005
292 posts
55 upvotes
Thanks OP, upvoted. Had no idea I had access to this through my Prime membership.
"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3176 posts
2935 upvotes
Thx op. Me too, no idea. Been a prime member for few years now haha thought it was just books, music and video.
Feb 16, 2010
745 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, never knew about this either! Unfortunately doesn't seem to be available for Mac users.
Dec 20, 2011
355 posts
99 upvotes
Windsor, On
Thanks! I always forget about the free games.
Aug 31, 2011
324 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
FleshMoulder wrote: I had a lot of games to claim, what exactly is this service, was I on ice?
This is new free Twitch stuff. Amazon is rebranding parts of Twitch and Prime Gaming is one part.

Also Amazon has their own game dev studio that launched with three games, two of which have failed and only New World MMO remains.
Jun 25, 2007
283 posts
87 upvotes
Do you lose access and saves to the claimed games after Prime membership is over?
Aug 31, 2011
324 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
This is new free Twitch stuff. Amazon is rebranding parts of Twitch and Prime Gaming is one part.

Also Amazon has their own game dev studio that launched with three games, two of which have failed and only New World MMO remains.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4502 posts
1982 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting didn’t know this was renamed to amazon gaming

I always used to access this through twitch.tv/prime link before
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Nov 9, 2014
207 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Are these all Windows only? Is there any way to claim these through Steam to use the Steam Wine Emulation on Linux?
Aug 28, 2019
84 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
woob wrote: Like how Prime Video got Amazon into video streaming, Amazon is also branching into gaming. They add free games each month...
Is there a way to play this games with game controller on tv? Any how to guide pls?
Mar 14, 2020
82 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
Oh wow I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks OP!!

Are any of the other free games worth claiming???
Nov 23, 2012
12 posts
5 upvotes
Should I just claim every game available to me?
I wasn't sure if I might have to pay, or have a set amout of claim credits or something?

I'm seeing around 32 games on here.
I don't plan on play most of them, but I like the idea of having it available.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5994 posts
1856 upvotes
Montreal
Are these only playable on PC? Can I play through a console or mobile device? Can I use a Stadia or Xbox One controller to play them?
Jan 26, 2017
83 posts
21 upvotes
Download the Amazon games app (Windows)
Install the app
Sign in with your Amazon account
Claim and play games

*GAME Will also be available within the Twitch desktop
Images
  • Screenshot_20201128_092329_com.android.chrome.jpg
[OP]
Jul 16, 2007
311 posts
635 upvotes
fayya wrote: Do you lose access and saves to the claimed games after Prime membership is over?
I believe once you have claimed the games as a prime member the games remain in your account permanently, even if you no longer have a prime subscription.